onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

season ticket sales update

andy jones

Advert

With the conversation I've had with the TO this morning I believe so.Renewed today plus there will be a new Valiant at VP next season.Has Micky gone yet?:laugh:

Excellent. Thanks. There will be 3 more renewals tomorrow if that's the case.

I disagree.

NS has publicly acknowledged his PR gaffes, and has done at least 3 Q and A sessions on local radio this season. A truly uncaring and distant owner would not go anywhere near a live radio mike for an hour at a time.

His efforts to accommodate fans' wishes with deals on tickets were met with apathy. The £35 for 2 home games back in October flopped, and the Winter Warmer half-season ticket attracted only 25 buyers.

He extricated us from deals (Ticketmaster/Sondico) that would have seen us shelling out fortunes.

He's not here to be liked, and he doesn't have to like us. He's here as the Chairman and sometimes has to make cold, dispassionate decisions that we may not like.

Ultimately, what the club (regardless of who manages or owns us) needs is our money - preferably in the form of a season ticket.

The problem with Norman is he is not giving out any positive vibes about the future of the club and the fans, quite understandably, are having second thoughts. When you say at the start of your tenure that you have the cash to take the club to the Championship then 12 months down the line you tell the fans that unless they cough up we will have a bunch of kids from the Conference next season, you can see why fans are disappointed. I never wanted Norman to chuck wads of cash at the club. What I did want him to do was manage it correctly, pay bills on time, live within our means and be positive about the way forward. Moaning about the fans instead of encouraging them to get on board with positive statements is not the way forward. Being less than honest about his dealings regarding the manager's contract (it's on the table, no it isn't. we have verbally agreed ,etc) has done nothing but create uncertainty and disquiet.

In addition to all of that, we have the ground/club split (which he said was the reason he wouldn't buy into Coventry), and various changes to the structure of the club in the background which seem a little worrying. What is the purpose of the new company, Port Vale Football Club Ltd? Why has he set up Port Vale Retail Ltd? It's a bit worrying to be honest.

Excellent. Thanks. There will be 3 more renewals tomorrow if that's the case.

They wanted some ID for the youngun.They said to pop in before the game to show him or take some proof ,so I'm assuming you can get fixed up tomorrow.STs will be sent out in July.

The problem with Norman is he is not giving out any positive vibes about the future of the club and the fans, quite understandably, are having second thoughts. When you say at the start of your tenure that you have the cash to take the club to the Championship then 12 months down the line you tell the fans that unless they cough up we will have a bunch of kids from the Conference next season, you can see why fans are disappointed. I never wanted Norman to chuck wads of cash at the club. What I did want him to do was manage it correctly, pay bills on time, live within our means and be positive about the way forward. Moaning about the fans instead of encouraging them to get on board with positive statements is not the way forward. Being less than honest about his dealings regarding the manager's contract (it's on the table, no it isn't. we have verbally agreed ,etc) has done nothing but create uncertainty and disquiet.

In addition to all of that, we have the ground/club split (which he said was the reason he wouldn't buy into Coventry), and various changes to the structure of the club in the background which seem a little worrying. What is the purpose of the new company, Port Vale Football Club Ltd? Why has he set up Port Vale Retail Ltd? It's a bit worrying to be honest.

Fortunately now we are no longer shareholders, it isn't our problem! Our role is to turn up and watch the game. let the Chairman worry about running his business.

But these are all now deeds that have been done...we can't go back in time. I'm sure NS would do and say things differently but he has "manned up" and admitted his errors. If people's reason for not renewing is because he said something about the Championship over 12 months ago, that's a pretty lame excuse.

Maybe a better way to look at it is this; Vale need our support more now than a year ago. Mistakes were made in forecasting crowds and income, and thus far NS has plugged the gap. As of now, we will be living within our means and "our means" translates to the monies put in by the fans. No more handouts, no more alleged debts hopefully, no more players we can't afford.

Also, football is unpredictable. Who would have seen us getting promoted? Who would have said we would be safe by March in League 1, and being closer to the top than the bottom all season? Who would have said we would spank Walsall twice and have such a good home record with lots of entertaining matches?

My final question/point is....how much of a dipstick will you feel if we do even better next season and you are shelling out £22 (or £26) to watch us, instead of £14 a game with a season ticket ?

Norman is gambling with the clubs future, Norman must extend the early bird deal until 31st May (at earliest to push for 5,000) or look at selling less than 1500 season tickets. This would allow him to confirm that Adams is staying or going and also to publish the clubs retained list as soon as possible (remove deadwood).

Archived