onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is OVF irrelevant ???

Like Vale I Do

Sorry - had to do some work then for a while - thats all very impressive - lets take a look at the latest posters on ALL threads shall we? Recognise any of them? Oh yes, they're all the same people, probably no more than 30 that have posted so far this today - that wont change much either will it?

Here's a good exercise for someone who's got the time - take all posts from every thread for the past 48 hours and see how many individuals have posted - i guarentee it wont be more than 200 - thats less than 5% of average home gates - if it was an election, it would show as a no vote, you're all full of your own importance - right i'm off to buy tickets for friends for MK Dons game, then i'm booking my hotel in Peterborough after i've sorted Rotherham bank holiday monday - oh and i was at Bristol too - you've dragged me down that level REP you **** head

Amazing. I provide stats (which the forum software VBulletin provides, not myself) which shows it's not 200 (as you GUESS it to be) and you STILL say they are wrong. :banghead:

:sums:

Advert

Amazing. I provide stats (which the forum software VBulletin provides, not myself) which shows it's not 200 (as you GUESS it to be) and you STILL say they are wrong. :banghead:

:sums:

Your stats do not show how many individual posters have posted on this forum in the past 48 hours??? Come on lets break it down, out of the members you have - what % actually post on the forum??

Your stats do not show how many individual posters have posted on this forum in the past 48 hours??? Come on lets break it down, out of the members you have - what % actually post on the forum??

I'm looking for those stats (which are not simply available at the flick of a switch). But rest assured if/when I find them, I will be dealing in stats, not assumption/guesswork.

While I am doing so, perhaps you'd like to address all the other points as I gave you comprehensive stats for the website (not just the forum).

What about the 26,000 individual visits per month? Is that irrelevant? Or the 100,000 plus visits? How about you also answer some questions?

I'm looking for those stats (which are not simply available at the flick of a switch). But rest assured if/when I find them, I will be dealing in stats, not assumption/guesswork.

While I am doing so, perhaps you'd like to address all the other points as I gave you comprehensive stats for the website (not just the forum).

What about the 26,000 individual visits per month? Is that irrelevant? Or the 100,000 plus visits? How about you also answer some questions?

Clearly not irrelevant - maybe a more appropriate title to the thread would have been - "are the opinions posted on OVF irrelevant?" as i truly believe they represent a tiny minority of Vale fans - people like to look on OVF but the vast vast majority do not post, they may be members but they dont post, all we get is the same people again and again and i hate to think that NS reads some of the rubbish that they put on here - thats for REP!!

Clearly not irrelevant - maybe a more appropriate title to the thread would have been - "are the opinions posted on OVF irrelevant?" as i truly believe they represent a tiny minority of Vale fans - people like to look on OVF but the vast vast majority do not post, they may be members but they dont post, all we get is the same people again and again and i hate to think that NS reads some of the rubbish that they put on here - thats for REP!!

You got owned by facts, so back in your box.

If I was Rob, I wouldn't have wasted my time replying or justifying himself/ his site

The original poster clearly is a Vale fan from the alleged amount of matches he's going to watch, but what is he actually saying on here? Is he fed up that only a small percentage of fans actually post? If so no one is stopping them!! Can't see logic behind his rant. Anyone, sane or otherwise is welcome to have their say here so what is his gripe?

You got owned by facts, so back in your box.

If I was Rob, I wouldn't have wasted my time replying or justifying himself/ his site

" You got owned by facts"..... really, you actually say things like that?? You are a perfect example of what i'm complaining about... I got "owned" by facts...Je sus ... and then "back in your box" - classic

I think it's simplistic to think that a figure from 48 hours will reflect on the overall numbers. Some people visit every day, some less frequently (e.g. once a week, a couple of times a month etc)

So here are some more comprehensive stats.

Again, these are from the system not plucked out of the air but it only offers monthly, not daily stats.

Individuals who have posted:

In March (last month): 634

Since the start of 2014 (last four months): 896

Since March 2013 (last twelve months): 1,673

Since this forum began in 2003 (last ten and a bit years): 2,993 *

* This site has had other forums before 2003 but that was the date this particular one started

Clearly, some people are posting more frequently than others (that's understood) but those stats show that over a long time frame there are a lot of individual thoughts on this forum.

You are missing the point completely...

The posts made by members represent the opinion of the poster.... No one else.

Others may or may not agree and are free to post their opinions [within the rules] which represent the poster, not anyone else.

I think it's simplistic to think that a figure from 48 hours will reflect on the overall numbers. Some people visit every day, some less frequently (e.g. once a week, a couple of times a month etc)

So here are some more comprehensive stats.

Again, these are from the system not plucked out of the air but it only offers monthly, not daily stats.

Individuals who have posted:

In March (last month): 634

Since the start of 2014 (last four months): 896

Since March 2013 (last twelve months): 1,673

Since this forum began in 2003 (last ten and a bit years): 2,993 *

* This site has had other forums before 2003 but that was the date this particular one started

Clearly, some people are posting more frequently than others (that's understood) but those stats show that over a long time frame there are a lot of individual thoughts on this forum.

Thanks Rob - that means that out of the 111,508 visits last month - 0.568 % of visitors actually posted on the forum - i would GUESS that would be no more than 100 people, is the opinion on OVF irrelevant ?? I dont know - but i do know we all like looking at some of the rubbish that goes on here

UTV

Thanks Rob - that means that out of the 111,508 visits last month - 0.568 % of visitors actually posted on the forum - i would GUESS that would be no more than 100 people, is the opinion on OVF irrelevant ?? I dont know - but i do know we all like looking at some of the rubbish that goes on here

UTV

Erm no, you're confusing visits with users! The 111,508 number is visits (you can make multiple visits as an individual). The 26,000 number is individual users (who may make multiple visits).

Of the 26,000 individuals (if they were all individuals), 634 posted. (That 634 stat is above, keep up!).

That means that 2.5% of all site visitors interacted in the forum (there are other ways of interacting - posting a comment under an article, voting, replying to OVF on Twitter/Facebook or sending an email to us etc).

But of those site visitors, they didn't all visit the forum so that posting percentage is somewhat debatable anyhow.

A more accurate one would be that last month 1,624 people logged onto the forum (so I'm not including guests) and of those logged on users, 634 posted. That's a figure of just under 40%.

I guess another question about whether the opinion is irrelevant is - is any other Vale forum (to my knowledge there are Facebook groups and the good folk at PVO) busier?

If they are not, then surely that makes OVF the most relevant if we are only using traffic as a barometer (some people could rightly argue that using traffic as a measure of "relevancy" is not right as it should be quality not quantity of messages).

Archived