onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is OVF irrelevant ???

Like Vale I Do

Yeah, yeah, yeah and none of you will be at the next game - we're dying a slow death at Vale Park ( 5000 ) MK Dons if we're lucky....

but my point is purely about this website being dominated by a tiny % of people - many of which never even go Vale - Post more often French connection and November 92 and lets get some fresh opinions on here!!

Your point is????? you say the site is dominated by a tiny %. Well simply anyone can post on here so I don't understand what you are moaning about! If you do not like anyone's opinion you have the right and ability to post your comment so you should not be aiming criticism at a few % posters.

I post quite regularly but feel the vast majority of what I reason or suggest is actually decent and objective, so I and many others with similar views are probably offended at your inference. Yes there are those on here sometimes that maybe post "silly or offensive" remarks but others then come on to put their point of view to those posts.

OVF keeps many, many fans of Vale, those that attend and those that don't, informed and in my opinion does a fantastic job.:yes:

Advert

Yeah, yeah, yeah and none of you will be at the next game - we're dying a slow death at Vale Park ( 5000 ) MK Dons if we're lucky....

but my point is purely about this website being dominated by a tiny % of people - many of which never even go Vale - Post more often French connection and November 92 and lets get some fresh opinions on here!!

This a giggle, yes?

Look, like many I don't get to the games. So what!? Like many I buy a season ticket and put other serious pelf into the 'Club coffers.

If, as you say..."...we're dying"...you can rest assure it's not because of the likes of me.

He's probably doing his sums again as he can't decide if it's 100 or 350 that post on here.

Thank goodness he isn't doing the budget for next season, he'd make a bigger mess of it than Wildes has this season! :)

Rather perversely, he said that Wildes had given him a lift to the studio and that he'd asked NS for some advice :yes::notworthy:

He also added that Wildes says that he would have walked away from the Club given the mess that it was in and the grief that he was getting.

This is all getting a bit silly.

I get the feeling that NS thinks that we are a bunch of clowns.

Rather perversely, he said that Wildes had given him a lift to the studio and that he'd asked NS for some advice :yes::notworthy:

He also added that Wildes says that he would have walked away from the Club given the mess that it was in and the grief that he was getting.

This is all getting a bit silly.

I get the feeling that NS thinks that we are a bunch of clowns.

Coincidentally I officiated Portly last week and on arriving at the ground noticed a circus on the pitch where they should have been playing!

He's probably doing his sums again as he can't decide if it's 100 or 350 that post on here.

Don't worry, I can answer that one for him ;)

In the last month we had a daily average of between 515 and 642 people logging on to the forum. That would make sense to me as I don't think it is the same people every day. Some are regulars, some are not. We never claim to represent every Vale fan and almost certainly never will, but that's not a bad percentage of the overall Vale audience, I reckon.

However, OVF is more than a forum of course. I still find it odd that people don't recognise/understand that. The forum is part of OVF, not the whole of OVF.

Here is a response of sorts to the thread starter.

Are we relevant?

Our stats say so. We had 111,508 visits to the site last month. Of those there were 26,755 unique (not repeat) users. Now if you visit from a different device (e.g. PC then tablet) that may count as "unique" but even if EVERYONE visited from two devices then it's still an audience of 13,000 (or more than double the average home gate).

Do we make some sort of difference?

Again, I would argue, yes. OVF didn't run or organise the anti-board protests (much praise to those that did) but we backed it and ran articles on their arguments for change (despite some vehement criticism and even personal abuse directed at myself). I would say that the Sentinel coming on board was crucial (and well done them) but we were running things on here when no "regular" media outlet was doing anything of the sort and I would argue that OVF's coverage played a decent part in building up the overwhelming opposition to the board which was present when the Sentinel delivered the coup de grace

Can we change opinion?

Well, we ran a vote and it showed 91% support for a CEO and a couple of days later an official statement says NS is considering it. He may not implement it but at least he is aware of the views of a portion of the supporterbase because of our coverage. NS says he reads OVF's content so I would argue that we can play a role in making the club aware of what the fans are thinking. A popular feature on OVF gets around 3,000-3,500 views - again something not to taken lightly, I feel.

Do we benefit the club?

On this one I would argue a definite "yes". Not only have we directly contributed £25,000 to the club (mainly through Barry's competitions) but there also things like our club memorabilia (I counted them and there are 278 articles, many of which are unique) which are available to anyone who wants to explore the heritage of our club. In essence, the historical articles give free online PR to the club (perhaps I should start charging the club for the PR value OVF provides? As I mentioned, our audience is circa 27,000 individuals a month, after all)

Are we the only source?

Of course not. The rise of social media means there are plenty of choices now and OVF is just one place. But I think our difference is that we are a one-stop Vale site. It's not just chat and discussion, it's also the news, the memorabilia, the videos, the prediction league and so on. You don't have to pick OVF and I personally think it's great that Vale fans have so much choice (I remember the days when Port Vale had a two page web presence courtesy of a University chap in the North East). We're about 18 years old today and I would say you don't last that long without doing something right because a look at the Analytics shows our traffic is up this month with new visits up 19%.

In the last month we had a daily average of between 515 and 642 people logging on to the forum. That would make sense to me as I don't think it is the same people every day. Some are regulars, some are not. We never claim to represent every Vale fan and almost certainly never will, but that's not a bad percentage of the overall Vale audience, I reckon.

However, OVF is more than a forum of course. I still find it odd that people don't recognise/understand that. The forum is part of OVF, not the whole of OVF.

Are we relevant?

Our stats say so. We had 111,508 visits to the site last month. Of those there were 26,755 unique (not repeat) users. Now if you visit from a different device (e.g. PC then tablet) that may count as "unique" but even if EVERYONE visited from two devices then it's still an audience of 13,000 (or more than double the average home gate).

Again, I would argue, yes. OVF didn't run or organise the anti-board protests (much praise to those that did) but we backed it and ran articles on their arguments for change (despite some vehement criticism and even personal abuse directed at myself). I would say that the Sentinel coming on board was crucial (and well done them) but we were running things on here when no "regular" media outlet was doing anything of the sort and I would argue that OVF's coverage played a decent part in building up the overwhelming opposition to the board which was present when the Sentinel delivered the coup de grace

Can we change opinion?

Well, we ran a vote and it showed 91% support for a CEO and a couple of days later an official statement says NS is considering it. He may not implement it but at least he is aware of the views of a portion of the supporterbase because of our coverage. NS says he reads OVF's content so I would argue that we can play a role in making the club aware of what the fans are thinking. A popular feature on OVF gets around 3,000-3,500 views - again something not to taken lightly, I feel.

Do we benefit the club?

On this one I would argue a definite "yes". Not only have we directly contributed £25,000 to the club (mainly through Barry's competitions) but there also things like our club memorabilia (I counted them and there are 278 articles, many of which are unique) which are available to anyone who wants to explore the heritage of our club. In essence, the historical articles give free online PR to the club (perhaps I should start charging the club for the PR value OVF provides? As I mentioned, our audience is circa 27,000 individuals a month, after all)

Are we the only source?

Of course not. The rise of social media means there are plenty of choices now and OVF is just one place. But I think our difference is that we are a one-stop Vale site. It's not just chat and discussion, it's also the news, the memorabilia, the videos, the prediction league and so on. You don't have to pick OVF and I personally think it's great that Vale fans have so much choice (I remember the days when Port Vale had a two page web presence courtesy of a University chap in the North East). We're about 18 years old today and I would say you don't last that long without doing something right because a look at the Analytics shows our traffic is up this month with new visits up 19%.

ah come on rob, you cant use actual facts, that's cheating :laugh:

Are we relevant?

Can we change opinion?

Do we benefit the club?

Are we the only source?

Sorry - had to do some work then for a while - thats all very impressive - lets take a look at the latest posters on ALL threads shall we? Recognise any of them? Oh yes, they're all the same people, probably no more than 30 that have posted so far this today - that wont change much either will it?

Here's a good exercise for someone who's got the time - take all posts from every thread for the past 48 hours and see how many individuals have posted - i guarentee it wont be more than 200 - thats less than 5% of average home gates - if it was an election, it would show as a no vote, you're all full of your own importance - right i'm off to buy tickets for friends for MK Dons game, then i'm booking my hotel in Peterborough after i've sorted Rotherham bank holiday monday - oh and i was at Bristol too - you've dragged me down that level REP you **** head

Archived