onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is OVF irrelevant ???

Like Vale I Do

Erm no, you're confusing visits with users! The 111,508 number is visits (you can make multiple visits as an individual). The 26,000 number is individual users (who may make multiple visits).

Of the 26,000 individuals (if they were all individuals), 634 posted. (That 634 stat is above, keep up!).

That means that 2.5% of all site visitors interacted.

But of those site visitors, they didn't all visit the forum so that posting percentage is somewhat debatable anyhow.

I guess another question about whether the opinion is irrelevant is - is any other Vale forum (to my knowledge there are Facebook groups and the good folk at PVO) busier?

If they are not, then surely that makes OVF the most relevant if we are only using traffic as a barometer (some people could rightly argue that using traffic as a measure of "relevancy" is not right as it should be quality not quantity of messages).

Oh right sorry - 2.5% so if Vale have a 5000 gate - 2.5% of that is 125 people, so thats the relevance of opinion - 125 people out of 5000 or 2.5%.... Come on at least give me the acknowledgment that the views represented on OVF are at the very best minimal, now if you were to break down that figure even further as in out of the 125 people , who were the same people posting again and again you start to get the point of my original thread...surely??

Advert

" You got owned by facts"..... really, you actually say things like that?? You are a perfect example of what i'm complaining about... I got "owned" by facts...Je sus ... and then "back in your box" - classic

Too easy, way way to easy! That wasn't even sport, more shooting fish in a barrell

Oh right sorry - 2.5% so if Vale have a 5000 gate - 2.5% of that is 125 people, so thats the relevance of opinion - 125 people out of 5000 or 2.5%.... Come on at least give me the acknowledgment that the views represented on OVF are at the very best minimal, now if you were to break down that figure even further as in out of the 125 people , who were the same people posting again and again you start to get the point of my original thread...surely??

Let me explain again. You keep working on percentages.

The figure isn't a percentage, it is a figure.

Last month 634 individual people posted a message. That figure doesn't move if you apply a percentage to it. That is the figure of individual posters!

So, if those 634 were 100% Vale supporters (unlikely, there's at least 2 Stoke fans on here) and the 5,000 gate was all Vale fans (again, unlikely considering away fans, corporates etc) then that is 13% of the Vale gate posted an opinion on OVF.

I would argue more that the true Vale audience worldwide is around 12-15,000 (because not everyone gets to every game so it isn't the same number each week) and that the total posts on OVF's forum is just under 3,000. That would mean views on OVF overall would be something like 20% of the fanbase which I think would be about right in my opinion.

I have never said that OVF represents all or a majority of fans. However, I reckon if you asked any survey company if 13% (or 20%) was a good representitive study of a group they would say YES (as I would imagine that things like political surveys would be considerably less than 1% of the UK population).

Will do you good - get kicking the football around with the young Valiant instead of being sat at the laptop

LVID,I see what you're saying but I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.If people,like myself,like to come onto OVF to make a point what's the problem? If you really want to see some serious moaning go on Gary's site PVO.:laugh:I'll be going to Notts Co,Rotherham and the rest of the home games and will be getting an ST for next season.OVF is a terrific source of information re- Vale.Just ask Rob if you don't believe me.:DIf the site annoys you there really is a simple solution.

OVF=best forum of ANY.

I click on at least once a day.

It keeps me informed of many things that I would other wise miss out on.

Some comments I agree with and other I do not. I hate bad language, discourteousness, rudeness and character assassination ,but 90% of OVF is very informative and brill.

You missed this

"A more accurate one would be that last month 1,624 people logged onto the forum (so I'm not including guests) and of those logged on users, 634 posted. That's a figure of just under 40%."

Even of one goes with the lower figure your analysis is flawed as 2.5% as a repersentative sample is actually huge compared to most samples used in say surveys plus how many of the total Vale fans are interestered in Vale related forums at all..surely what matters is the % of those that come on here? If only X% of the gate are interested in forums and (say) 50% of those interested come on here than that makes OVF very relevant.

As I asked..irrelevant to whom, to what?

Seems like the OP is venting his spleen on OVF because he doesn't like a few individuals that post on here. REP being the main protagonist for his rant it seems? Understandable i suppose? :D ;)

Isn't the whole point though that you get to see the opinions and thoughts of others? What a terrible, bland existence it would be if everyone had the same views! I'd rather read something that I find annoying and prompts a reaction than live a boring existence

Isn't the whole point though that you get to see the opinions and thoughts of others? What a terrible, bland existence it would be if everyone had the same views! I'd rather read something that I find annoying and prompts a reaction than live a boring existence

Absolutely, i was of course joking about REP, hence the ? & smileys.

Archived