Statement from Smurf.

valiant_593

Advert:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Advert:

Yes, much more professional, still he should appoint a CEO as' dealing with the numerous challenges it presents daily' is obviously too much for him.
How long does it take to learn how to run a football club? It is not like a normal business, the `customers`are too involved. No doubt after a season some of the principles are clear, but the need to consult `customers` and indeed very experienced `customers` should be ongoing. Press releases need to be professional and well timed to augment Chairman`s occasional statements. The need for a football CEO has to be paid for out of income, the CEO`s first job is to present a plan to show he/she will be self-financing, which will then allow Norman more time for strategic thinking, or developing more business interests, knowing that the club is on way forward. Or Norman may prefer to carry on as the CEO, his business, but supporters are also important.

Advert:

Still think the under 12s price was fair to begin with.

£14 per game with a season ticket is more than reasonable.

A positive marketing campaign and a Chairman that didn't make you want to slit your wrists everytime he opens his mouth and we'd have had no problem shifting 4,300 tickets.

Smurthwaite needs to know that there is honest and then there's 'honest'. We understand we have to live within our means but using the quote 'kids from the conference' is not the way to emphasise that. There is a certain amount of positive bu!!***** that's needed.

More tickets sold than I thought it could have been.

Manager not signed his contract - if offered one yet.

Manager may not even be here next season.

14 players with no contacts next year.

Reduced player budget.

Would you spend hard earned valuable money on a season ticket not know who the manager is and what players will be here? Sort the above 3 issues and then people will be buy season tickets and the bottom issue would be sorted out.

Advert:

I'm sorry but te words 'effectively under a transfer embargo' suggest we WERE NOT under an Embargo, but we clearly now are!!! Someone is bending the truth/facts to suit one needs of the situation.

Why can't we, if we're under that same Embargo, why can't we go out and loan a keeper under the same terms as we had Grimmer and now have Knott?

This statement smells somewhat for me, is it any wonder we've only sold 138 season tickets with all the negative rubbish that keeps coming from the club - no money, budget being cut, no manager signed for next season, 14 players out of contract, ticket prices have gone up, I've had to put my own money in (yeah... It's YOUR business Norman, you own the darn thing)

I'm sick of it! I don't see any incentive to go and buy a season ticket or encourage those without one to go and get one - Do you? I'm not falling for the scarem tactics that Smurf seems to be employing at present... You don't buy X and it will affect the team!!! We are clearly living hand to mouth at present and that is not good news!!!

His radio interview says a lot when he can't even quote the correct average gate... Finger on the pulse Norman??? Far from it, you are out of your depth!

More tickets sold than I thought it could have been.

Manager not signed his contract - if offered one yet.

Manager may not even be here next season.

14 players with no contacts next year.

Reduced player budget.

Would you spend hard earned valuable money on a season ticket not know who the manager is and what players will be here? Sort the above 3 issues and then people will be buy season tickets and the bottom issue would be sorted out.

Yes...I support my club thick and thin players managers owners come and go our club does not. So I assume you will be running out to buy a st at which ever club your favourite players and mickey join if they did leave??? Stupid comment which is not helping the buzz around the club negative moaners that constantly dicect every half truth for use in there own agenda which appears to be encouraging others not to bother which again is only harming the club why?

Archived