Statement from Smurf.

valiant_593

Why can't we, if we're under that same Embargo, why can't we go out and loan a keeper under the same terms as we had Grimmer and now have Knott?

Because the transfer deadline was last Thursday.

Advert:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because the transfer deadline was last Thursday.

I know that, but why when Mickey attempted to sign someone did they not say, do you know Mickey? you can only sign someone a la Grimmer IE at no cost to the club (bar travel and hotel expenses) they clearly didn't otherwise Mickey would have signed someone on loan... Something doesn't seem right with this statement and what other have said from the club? What do you think?

I know that, but why when Mickey attempted to sign someone did they not say, do you know Mickey? you can only sign someone a la Grimmer IE at no cost to the club (bar travel and hotel expenses) they clearly didn't otherwise Mickey would have signed someone on loan... Something doesn't seem right with this statement and what other have said from the club? What do you think?

Who's Mickey?

I find the reasons that Smurf gave for the embargo do not match what I was told by a number of individuals last week. If what I was told was true, it makes the statement from the club that the matter would be dealt with this week make more sense. It would make no sense to suggest that the club has been under an embargo all season apart from the Cuvelier signing without Micky Adams knowing this. It makes more sense if the situations has arisen recently and buggered up last weeks attempt to sign a keeper.

Advert:

I'm sorry but te words 'effectively under a transfer embargo' suggest we WERE NOT under an Embargo, but we clearly now are!!! Someone is bending the truth/facts to suit /QUOTE]

There is another angle, since Norman said the team would not be strenthened for a PO push, thus no transfers, it did not matter whether there was an embargo or not. It was only the goalkeeper crisis that made if effective.

Because if a club is gonna send a keeper out on loan and pay all his wages, they're gonna expect him to play. Chances are, we'd have ended up with someone even more inexperienced than Johnson, who would have to play every week regardless of whether he let seven goals in every week or not. What good would that do for Johnson?

Better to risk it as we are, the max Pope would have to go in goals for would be part of one game, then get an emergency keeper in when we actually need one.

I find the reasons that Smurf gave for the embargo do not match what I was told by a number of individuals last week. If what I was told was true, it makes the statement from the club that the matter would be dealt with this week make more sense. It would make no sense to suggest that the club has been under an embargo all season apart from the Cuvelier signing without Micky Adams knowing this. It makes more sense if the situations has arisen recently and buggered up last weeks attempt to sign a keeper.

To be honest I was told different as well by two people however I have no idea who to believe. If Smurthwaite is going to stay and become a success he needs a massive clear out of back room staff undoubtedly.

Because if a club is gonna send a keeper out on loan and pay all his wages, they're gonna expect him to play. Chances are, we'd have ended up with someone even more inexperienced than Johnson, who would have to play every week regardless of whether he let seven goals in every week or not. What good would that do for Johnson?

Better to risk it as we are, the max Pope would have to go in goals for would be part of one game, then get an emergency keeper in when we actually need one.

I agree entirely with the point you make, Sam should be #1 did a great job in his last stint between the posts. The keeper situation brought these things in to the public domain, but now Norman seems hellbent on creating what seems like a far stretched story to get him off the hook. I'm making my point to stress the consistent lies/bending the truth, call it what you will, that is consistently coming out of Norman's mouth - this isn't the odd time, it's virtually every time he speaks of late!

I'm fed up of it, he's driving that great feeling out of the club - we can all see it, but for whatever reason it seems he can't. (@Smurf just look at he crowds!)

Advert:

I'm sorry but te words 'effectively under a transfer embargo' suggest we WERE NOT under an Embargo, but we clearly now are!!! Someone is bending the truth/facts to suit /QUOTE]

There is another angle, since Norman said the team would not be strenthened for a PO push, thus no transfers, it did not matter whether there was an embargo or not. It was only the goalkeeper crisis that made if effective.

I get that, for me it's the underlying reasons as to why we were under Embargo in the 1st place I don't buy that it was down to the 60% cap, embargo are in place for any type of deal whether you contribute to wages or not.

Never mind, Smurf and Manager are going abroad for 2 days to sort out new kit manufacturers:yes:Maybe they can now sort out the contract for Micky while they are are together for two days:yes:

If they don't kill each other first!!

Advert:

Probably the best statement hes made,in terms of it coming across professional.

Surely this is what we would prefer,than tweets!

Could do a few of these,as season goes on.

I agree entirely. He needs to stay away from ****ter, while hes still got a few people who believe hes capable of running a football club.

****ter is alright when you've got someone a bit more ****ter savvy, a la Wildes, someone capable of building a buzz using social networks. Norman obviously lets his heart rule his head when hes got an instant service like ****ter. Get him off there.

The difference between his ****ter rants and proper official prepared staements is remarkable. When you read a proper, official thought out statement like this, you can see why hes supposedly been a success in his previous businesses. He needs more like this.

Sadly, i think hes too far gone.

"our received income for this season will be circa £4 million net of VAT"

Am I missing something here? If we turn over £4 million and our wage bill for playing staff is £2.4 million, that hasn't gone over the 60% limit.

Archived