onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

I was at Bristol City

Knott came towards the fans first and the fans clapped him with thumbs up as he was the best Vale performer on the night and as he walked away Jones ran across and the fans were fine and shook his hand. But Loft and jeno ran across and then Micky appeared and that's where it got ugly. A lad on the coach said the fans asked Micky and the players for an apology. Micky supposed to have said we ain't Real Madrid you ****, not sure if this was said as I was about 3 or 4 metres away.

It was stated yesterday that Adams called certain supporters "f----- c----", was this true or lies?

Regardless, there is no smoke without fire.

Micky has done a fine job, he continues to do so - but, if he was abusive his position dictates he leaves this form of confrontation well alone.

I am tired of either a 'small' portion of fans behaving like loons and in turn Adams using this as either a beating stick or bargaining tool.

Advert

I'm afraid you're getting football confused with a conventional customer experience. We only go to matches because their are all sorts of outcomes possible... it is a sport after all. If you're buying a cut loaf from your baker you have every right to expect it to be right every time, and when it isn't no doubt you will complain (respectfully). Football ain't the same. We can't expect to punch above our weight one minute, then want MA and the lads to commit Hari Kari in the centre circle the next.

FACT: Norman pays the players, we pay to watch. Go to watch a Tom Cruise movie and say you're paying his wages (you'd get laughed out of the theatre)

FACT: Nobody has to accept the "criticism" that was hurled at these lads and their manager. Being a thug is NEVER excusable.

FACT: By travelling to an away game, these clowns are not putting any money into the Vale coffers. As for their "support," I think we could do without it.

You talk about the loss as if someone had passed away. I think that you, and quite a few Vale fans, need to search for some perspective. You go up a division and sometimes take a beating, especially away. Bristol City had 11,000 screaming fans and players like JET, Nosworthy etc. It wasn't as if the players were lacking in effort.

If you look at good young players, like Knott. How can we expect to attract him. If he wants to play in front of a bunch of animals, he might as well go and do keepy-ups in Chester Zoo.

JJFC

Fact.. I would imagine the accounts department pays the players from the clubs account which smurf may own but is very unlikely to have any direct contribution into.

Fact.. money raised by the club from customers is paid into the clubs account and therefore pays salaries in part and indirectly

Fact?.. people go to football matches to see their team.. win.. although they may accept that due to some unforeseen circumstance or natural disaster the other team may score more goals :shifty:

Well said and it seems you know the meaning of the word FACT rather than the aforementioned poster :)

FACT... if REP agrees with you its fact

FACT... if REP disagrees with you its rumour

If he likes your post your dooooooooommmeedd I tell ya :)

I was there BUT i did not for the incident as i was just joining the M5 in Bristol on my way home.......Everyone was shocked and surprised at the HT score as we had rucks of possession BUT we could not finish........Everytime Brizzie went forward they scored. Dicko was warned and booked, 40 secs later he was marching.!!!

I agree the fans including myself were all having a moan as we are entitled.....BUT abuse and a moaning are a different kettle of fish.

According to reports MA gave as good as he got.....So IMHO he deserves his stick as well.

Anyway thats the past now.......See you Saturday maybe........SVA..:D

I know some of the lads. They aren't bad people, they are late teens, possible early 20s, impetuous, at times angry young men, liable to act like d¡cks at times (as we all were at that age), products of Cameron's Britain.

The man who they were arguing with is in his early 50s and earns probably 7 times the amount they earn in a year. He was still clocked in when he got involved in the slanging match and responded in kind. These lads, in contrast, had taken time off their cr*ppy jobs (Cameron's Britain) in order to travel down to Bristol.

I also think it's a bit rich to condemn personal abuse and then go on to personally abuse these lads. 'IQ of zero' is one thing I read, the usual 'spotty teen' retort was another (presumably by someone who was born aged 30).

Without getting into a political debate,if they were in their early twenties wouldn't they have been more influenced by 13 years of Labour,you can only blame 'Call me Dave' for the last 4 years.

Fact.. I would imagine the accounts department pays the players from the clubs account which smurf may own but is very unlikely to have any direct contribution into.

Fact.. money raised by the club from customers is paid into the clubs account and therefore pays salaries in part and indirectly

Fact?.. people go to football matches to see their team.. win.. although they may accept that due to some unforeseen circumstance or natural disaster the other team may score more goals :shifty:

Yes, but it's an interesting point that there is a black hole of money in between what our gate receipts generate and the amount of money that's required to win every single game (Man City don't even manage that). The money that we put in is enough (nearly) to provide the kind of football that we've seen this year.

As another poster remarked, technically some of your money goes towards paying the wages of the woman at Tesco. If you received a poor service, I doubt you'd scream in her face. Would you? That is my point. You can't one minute make a point by comparing a football club to a 'normal' business, then behave in a totally hypocritical way.

Also, if you go to see you're club win, then you're barking up the wrong tree. I go HOPING that we win. It's that subtle difference that is the essence of what makes sport appealing.

I understand the cathartic appeal of shouting on the terraces (I do it myself), but there is a line and on the right side of that line is perspective. I'll say it again, a lot of fans need to get some.

Why don't the club exercise their PR skills and call a meeting between MA, some of the players and the fans involved Tuesday Night.

Face to face meet the manager, I'm sure those fans abusing him would soon back down or even shun the meeting.

FACT... if REP agrees with you its fact

FACT... if REP disagrees with you its rumour

If he likes your post your dooooooooommmeedd I tell ya :)

Fact...if there is a negative slant to be put on something Geo will find it and broadcast it as much as he possibly can! ;)

You are wasted on here mate, you'd be hero worshipped on PVO!

I know some of the lads. They aren't bad people, they are late teens, possible early 20s, impetuous, at times angry young men, liable to act like d¡cks at times (as we all were at that age), products of Cameron's Britain.

The man who they were arguing with is in his early 50s and earns probably 7 times the amount they earn in a year. He was still clocked in when he got involved in the slanging match and responded in kind. These lads, in contrast, had taken time off their cr*ppy jobs (Cameron's Britain) in order to travel down to Bristol.

I also think it's a bit rich to condemn personal abuse and then go on to personally abuse these lads. 'IQ of zero' is one thing I read, the usual 'spotty teen' retort was another (presumably by someone who was born aged 30).

Sensible post. No wonder it's been pretty much ignored.

I also know some of them. If they've gone into personal abuse then they've crossed a line. But if they're angry about losing 5-0 at Bristol City (and conceding 3 goals in 6 minutes) then they should be able to vent their frustrations about a **** poor performance.

I'm not defending them if they've strayed across the line. However, you have to question the 'professionalism' on show from a manager who sadly, is old enough and experienced enough to know better than to get into a discussion with some fans about why the team have just lost 5-0. Clap the support, shut out the noise and head down the tunnel. We wouldn't even be talking about this now if they'd done that.

Archived