onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Perry "Never Valiant" Deakin

Tim, I did say I had respect for NLV and a fair few other people on here....and I'd include you in that....not that I imagine it will impress you much......I just hate the outright nastiness and continual rumours .....

mostly the nastiness

Magic flask, I wasn't having a go and, with respect, I aren't personally bothered if you impress me or not. You posted something and I was directly answering your post and pointing out that the nastiness started on the boards side and if you are honest about the situation has been deplorable. People on this site are frustrated and angry at the arrogance of the board in how they deal with anyone that threatens their position and that is now manifesting itself in nastiness, whether that is right or wrong that's life i'm afraid.

You mentioned certain groups but didn't mention Black and Gold and I tried to give you some insight on how we find things out and what we publicise, we don't start rumours or spread them, we deal in facts. Unfortunately for some posters on here, not aimed at you by the way, the truth hurts.

Advert

People will always find something to complain about whoever is in power, its the nature of the beast. Sometimes the complaints are valid and extremely worrying sometimes just trivial.

If someone sees something that appears wrong why shouldnt they complain about it, people dont have to listen.

In this instance I think that there is so much wrong its creating a whirlpool, just as you get to grips with one error another pushes its self into view, followed by another, then another. The more you try to grasp the one in hand the more you get sucked in to the center.

Totally agree..and a few other non-aligned fans I know ( some of whom are shareholders too) are of the same opinion. The general view is that Mark would be much more to their liking, because of his history, but that we don't have the luxury of waiting for the "perfect" combination.

I think Bill and the Board do seem to have a perfect target to aim at, the classic "dodgy wide boy" looking for publicity that many folk see Mo Chaudry as, and god knows what the history is between them ( there has to be some) but in classic V2001 style, they've managed to miss their aim totally and shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly. To bang on about "property developers" at a time when there's probably more development land available in the City than at any time in its history is a bit pathetic...and I don't buy their community radio stuff either...I know that when Mo Chaudry (along with a few councillors) was arrested and investigated over the Dimensions splashpool, he would have lost a lot of funding opportunities, so what happens makes sense......what worries me about that is the fact that the investigation took place - even though they couldn't "prove" anything, knowing the councillors involved I do suspect something was happening....and that that "something" was not necessarily a good, honest and straightforward thing to be doing. That's one of the reasons I'm wary.

If the Board had come up with anything other than one of Baldrick's "cunning plans" to take things forward, I'd say their chances would be better than they are, but at the moment it's very much "the cheque's in the post", trust us etc etc.

IF they find someone alternative before the EGM, then I think they might win, but I'd be equally suspicious of someone I knew less than nothing about.

I'm glad the tone of debate has calmed down, though...cheers everyone!!!

Trouble is MF, even if on this one occasion they did find a bone-fide investment opportunity they would be going some to convince their detractors given all the other 'so-called' investments seemingly plucked from out of the blue.

Totally agree..and a few other non-aligned fans I know ( some of whom are shareholders too) are of the same opinion. The general view is that Mark would be much more to their liking, because of his history, but that we don't have the luxury of waiting for the "perfect" combination.

I think Bill and the Board do seem to have a perfect target to aim at, the classic "dodgy wide boy" looking for publicity that many folk see Mo Chaudry as, and god knows what the history is between them ( there has to be some) but in classic V2001 style, they've managed to miss their aim totally and shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly. To bang on about "property developers" at a time when there's probably more development land available in the City than at any time in its history is a bit pathetic...and I don't buy their community radio stuff either...I know that when Mo Chaudry (along with a few councillors) was arrested and investigated over the Dimensions splashpool, he would have lost a lot of funding opportunities, so what happens makes sense......what worries me about that is the fact that the investigation took place - even though they couldn't "prove" anything, knowing the councillors involved I do suspect something was happening....and that that "something" was not necessarily a good, honest and straightforward thing to be doing. That's one of the reasons I'm wary.

If the Board had come up with anything other than one of Baldrick's "cunning plans" to take things forward, I'd say their chances would be better than they are, but at the moment it's very much "the cheque's in the post", trust us etc etc.

IF they find someone alternative before the EGM, then I think they might win, but I'd be equally suspicious of someone I knew less than nothing about.

I'm glad the tone of debate has calmed down, though...cheers everyone!!!

If Mo Chaudry had offered to invest money into PVFC & leave V2001 in total control, they would of welcomed him with open arms.

That applies to anyone else out there as well !! ...

Harlequin might in 2-3 weeks anyway .... :razz:

===

I've met Bill a few times, once something to do with my job, and a couple or three times from working with VAR, and he always came across as genuine, and a nice enough bloke ....not always the sharpest knife in the box, but not someone I wouldn't trust. It may have been that that was the impression he wanted to give, but I wasn't that important in either context, so I can't see why he would feel the need to.

The fact that I am seriously considering voting against his continuing in charge is to do with his (and the Board's) competence in running the club, not getting investment in and not taking things forward enough, rather than anything personal. That's why I find the personal side of it unnecessary.

I don't agree with how the Board have campaigned...but two wrongs don't make a right.

Thanks for replying, it's appreciated

I have met Bill many times and at first he gives the impression of being a really nice bloke. I got to know him very well during the supporters club days and spoke to him a number of times a week over certain things. I used to respect Bratt as both the chairman and a person.

I also saw how Bill reacts privately whenever he is criticised, if that is constructive or not. I know how he treated an ex sponsor, publically humiliating him over something he had nothing to do with. I know how he has caused an ex employee many problems in finding work due to his vindictiveness. I have seen Bill blatantly lie to other people and he has done it to my face. I have seen how Bill deals with any investors that threaten his position and it can only be described as with contempt. I have seen how Jackson acts in the same way also so Bratt isn't alone. I know of many little schemes that Bratt has on the go that earn him way above the salary he was/is taking. I have seen lots of things that make me now dislike Bratt intensely and I know he can't be trusted as I have first hand experience of his lies and his actions.

You only have to look at the bratt quitathon thread to see how many lies he has told as chairman and over how many years, its all out there in the public domain yet people still see Bill as this poor pressurised old man suffering from ill health problems. It's a load of cobblers and Bratt is fit enough to play 5 a side football every week so is health isn't that bad!

This tim guy has no respect for anyone views read his posts.

They are only interested in agreeing with each other and spouting abuse at any other views.They have caused a siege mentality with the board so they is know dialog it seems.

They are as bad as the board in my view.

I have no respect? I suggest you read a few of my replies to people (the last one to magic flask). I disagree with people who still blindly back the board. I debate with people who back the board and try and offer reasons and I use facts avaialable to counter their view. I want th board gone I make no apologies for that but to suggest I have caused a siege mentality is rediculous, the board have done that by their own actions.

Trouble is MF, even if on this one occasion they did find a bone-fide investment opportunity they would be going some to convince their detractors given all the other 'so-called' investments seemingly plucked from out of the blue.

Totally agree - the word IF ....and I would have thought they'd have been saying something about it with just over a week to go if they had....I'd not believe a word of it if they come up with someone over the bank holiday.....

I do think Harlequin let them down, maybe because they had problems of their own....so I don't blame the Board for that as much as the others. I just think they are scraping below the barrel at the minute....

Totally agree - the word IF ....and I would have thought they'd have been saying something about it with just over a week to go if they had....I'd not believe a word of it if they come up with someone over the bank holiday.....

I do think Harlequin let them down, maybe because they had problems of their own....so I don't blame the Board for that as much as the others. I just think they are scraping below the barrel at the minute....

The more they knock people back the less new investment comes forward.We are lucky Mo is still hanging around.===

I have met Bill many times and at first he gives the impression of being a really nice bloke. I got to know him very well during the supporters club days and spoke to him a number of times a week over certain things. I used to respect Bratt as both the chairman and a person.

I also saw how Bill reacts privately whenever he is criticised, if that is constructive or not. I know how he treated an ex sponsor, publically humiliating him over something he had nothing to do with. I know how he has caused an ex employee many problems in finding work due to his vindictiveness. I have seen Bill blatantly lie to other people and he has done it to my face. I have seen how Bill deals with any investors that threaten his position and it can only be described as with contempt. I have seen how Jackson acts in the same way also so Bratt isn't alone. I know of many little schemes that Bratt has on the go that earn him way above the salary he was/is taking. I have seen lots of things that make me now dislike Bratt intensely and I know he can't be trusted as I have first hand experience of his lies and his actions.

You only have to look at the bratt quitathon thread to see how many lies he has told as chairman and over how many years, its all out there in the public domain yet people still see Bill as this poor pressurised old man suffering from ill health problems. It's a load of cobblers and Bratt is fit enough to play 5 a side football every week so is health isn't that bad!

You have an advantage (if you can call it that) in that you've seen the other side of him. It seems that we both started out at the same place, with respect for Bill as a person and in his role at the club. I haven't seen the other side of that, which is why I find the personal abuse hard to understand and unnecessary. In the end, you can only go on what you know, or can work out from what other people say that you can trust.

I'm not doubting what you say, and it fits with the lack of competence at Board level - and I still prefer it to be down to competence rather than anything else. Once you get personalities into it, and who you trust or don't trust, it all comes down to what you know about who, and what you believe.

I am keeping an open mind, and finding out more as this progresses. Still got a week to go.

I have no respect? I suggest you read a few of my replies to people (the last one to magic flask). I disagree with people who still blindly back the board. I debate with people who back the board and try and offer reasons and I use facts avaialable to counter their view. I want th board gone I make no apologies for that but to suggest I have caused a siege mentality is rediculous, the board have done that by their own actions.

That's fine would not expect you to listen.

The board are still there despite what was said and done and you're relying on the EGM after all.They must just sit back keep quiet and watch you lot ruin round in circles.

Your to anti board that's your downfall,your obvious passion has for me made you loose objectivity you seem to have no interest in recruitment only to batter your opposition.The moderate undecided are for me the key to the EGM and at the moment for me the board are ahead.Seems all reliant on the RW vote and some of your fellows are even rude about him.

The views of people with different and opposite views to you could be useful to your quest if manipulated wisely.

You have an advantage (if you can call it that) in that you've seen the other side of him. It seems that we both started out at the same place, with respect for Bill as a person and in his role at the club. I haven't seen the other side of that, which is why I find the personal abuse hard to understand and unnecessary. In the end, you can only go on what you know, or can work out from what other people say that you can trust.

I'm not doubting what you say, and it fits with the lack of competence at Board level - and I still prefer it to be down to competence rather than anything else. Once you get personalities into it, and who you trust or don't trust, it all comes down to what you know about who, and what you believe.

I am keeping an open mind, and finding out more as this progresses. Still got a week to go.

I suggest that without any inside knowledge of the board's dealings you will probably come to the conclusion,like a lot of other fans that 'V2001 came in and saved the club'.

Tim,through his connections with the club,has inside knowledge of how this board operate and it's not pretty.Bede and Tony Dyche have also had dealings from the inside of the club in the past and I'd rather trust their judgement than anything the board comes out with.

Spot on, Phizz. Tim(lets start a rumour)othius's attitude to Mr. Bratt is nothing short of disgusting. Tim(lets start a rumour)othius doesn't even like Mo and his methods but is willing to 'join forces' to oust Mr. Bratt.

Spot on, Phizz. Tim(lets start a rumour)othius's attitude to Mr. Bratt is nothing short of disgusting. Tim(lets start a rumour)othius doesn't even like Mo and his methods but is willing to 'join forces' to oust Mr. Bratt.

I dont know Tim, what I do know is his "rumours" more often or not come true,Bratts attitude to his paying customers is disgusting,his economy with the truth and his failure to adopt a proffesional position should demand his resignation BEFORE the EGM, the EGM he promised to deliver at the AGM in December. ===

Archived