onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Perry "Never Valiant" Deakin

noooooo that was Jackson....

Bill was on holiday....in Russia, apparently, where he joined the NKVD.....

which is where he learnt his propaganda skills.....very 60s.....

In case you wondered, he was the role model for Le Carre... the original title was Tinker Tailor Miner Spy.....

The spy who came in from the coal?

Advert

I've met Bill a few times, once something to do with my job, and a couple or three times from working with VAR, and he always came across as genuine, and a nice enough bloke ....not always the sharpest knife in the box, but not someone I wouldn't trust. It may have been that that was the impression he wanted to give, but I wasn't that important in either context, so I can't see why he would feel the need to.

The fact that I am seriously considering voting against his continuing in charge is to do with his (and the Board's) competence in running the club, not getting investment in and not taking things forward enough, rather than anything personal. That's why I find the personal side of it unnecessary.

I don't agree with how the Board have campaigned...but two wrongs don't make a right.

Thanks for replying, it's appreciated

I'll think you'll find that most of the personal stuff has come about because of the boards reluctance to communicate with the shareholders,fans and investors.Their ignorance and total lack of respect for their customers has created a them and us mentality which has resulted in lifelong fans walking away.

It's not the repetition that gets me, it's the outright nastiness of so much of it, and the willingness to believe anything, and I mean anything.....and the fact that they seem to think it's ok, big and clever to be abusive of people for not doing what they want.

I don't think it's as harmless as you do, to be honest...it's a mob mentality that I find quite scary - it treats "enemies" as less than human, and not deserving of respect as a human being. The web is a great way to communicate, but it's useful to actually have something worth saying, and not just abuse.

I'm still open to persuasion, but the nastiness really does make me think I don't want to be on that side of the argument.

I'm genuinely sorry that you feel that way but most of the comments have been borne out of complete frustration at the way the board runs Port Vale a club that has been a large part of my life for many years.

Incompetance is one thing but some of the goings on are a downright disgrace. How can it be right when someone puts in £45-50,000 and draws an annual wage in advance of that figure. We could swallow that if he was earning the club large ammounts of corporate cash but he isn't. Then the director who put in £500 and took £15,000 for consultancy!!. Surely a director should be doing consultancy for nothing. I ask you £500 for a seat in the box and all the perks that go with the position. It makes the Season Tickets which we have purchased in the past look a very bad buy in comparision.

Finally and I could go on forever what about the barefaced untruths that Bill Bratt has spouted to the press, TV cameras, supporters and just about anyone who will listen to his drivel, If I hear him say ''we are willing to make money available'' one more time I will scream. When has this wad of cash ever materialised...never.

Come on Magic Flask, some on here may irk you and I could be one of those but surely that is no reason to vote with this dishonourable board.

I have only demonstrated for one reason my love for Port Vale and the fear that V2001 will prevent me from continuing my support in the future because I simply cant sit and stump up money for them to fritter when there is a viable alternative.

I'm still open to persuasion, but the nastiness really does make me think I don't want to be on that side of the argument.

Lets be honest... there has been nastiness on both sides of this war [for want of a better word] and if you want persuading then you have lost direction.

A decision of this magnitude should not rest on who says what about whom. Cut out all the personalities and look at the facts, not the suggestions or implications of personal statements, simply the facts.

I have no intention of trying to tell you what the facts are, that is part of the decision. Ask yourself some simple questions regarding the board [as a collective]

Have they done whats best for port vale?... if yes, what.... if no, what, why

[if they have done the best they can has no relevance]

Has the business improved under their tenure?... yes what.... no what, why

Has the football improved/... yes what... no what, why

Has the Club/Business/Football deteriorated... yes what.... no what, why

and so on and so forth

Make your decision based on the answers.... forget who the board are and forget Mo.... forget all the rumours and accusations.

I totally agree with this - and I think no matter what Mo Chaudry and Mark Sims stand for, they have unleashed a bunch of malicious nasty-mouthed idiots who would believe any rumour they chose to believe. You don't appear to have any idea of anything other than hate....and it's far from pretty. It's not big, and it's not clever....keyboard warriors, playing at being big boys......

I was going to vote against the Board, for change, but to be brutally honest, if those folk on here (you know who I mean) are supporting him, that's a ****** good reason for me to oppose them.

I have total respect for NLV, and a few other genuine people on here, but the rest of you have persuaded me that if you are the future, I'd rather not go there....end of

You might not think I'm important to you, but I'm not the only one who's frankly had enough of you all. You are losing support from people you need, and then what will you do? Blame us for not being as dumb and nasty as you are?????

Agree 100% with pretty much all of this, breath of fresh air on a site that's in danger of morphing into movalefan and eating itself with it's vitriol. Everybody needs to calm down a bit. If you want the board out vote against them, if you're not a shareholder then withdraw your custom to force change. All the implied threats and chest beating achieve nothing.

If Mo turns out to be a cross between Barry Hearn and John Madejski I'll be happy......but I'm not convinced yet. Either would do to be honest....

I just think some folk on here would believe that the Board or the CEO had had sex with their dead grandmother even though she'd been cremated if it was posted on here......

Being totally honest I am not 100% sure on Mo yet(more sure than I was with Newton though) BUT the fact a lifelong Vale fan is also involved does help a lot.At the end of the day at some point we have to give someone a go or where will it end and i really do think that this is our best chance of change so far,if it isn't Mo then how long do we wait for the next one and will we trust them?

Being totally honest I am not 100% sure on Mo yet(more sure than I was with Newton though) BUT the fact a lifelong Vale fan is also involved does help a lot.At the end of the day at some point we have to give someone a go or where will it end and i really do think that this is our best chance of change so far,if it isn't Mo then how long do we wait for the next one and will we trust them?

Excellent post there. We surely can't do worse under Mark Sims and Mo can we?

Rumour has it you are a **** stirring wag who starts threads with no foundation or support for no other reason other than to whip up further hatred / worry.

You are doing exactly what those clowns are trying to do to Mo, discredit without any foundation whatsover via a media outlet.

This makes you no better than the idiots we are trying to get out and does little credit to others that are trying to dig up credible dirt through fairer means.

I will respons without lowering myself to personal abuse.

I posted what I heard, stated they were rumours, I cannot control how people react.

With the board "rumoured" to have not paid the council loan, had to fund some wages last month "rumour" and the low level of ST sales "rumour" I am of the opinion there is some truth in my rumour, but others may have a different view.

That's why this forum is good for debate.

Tim, I did say I had respect for NLV and a fair few other people on here....and I'd include you in that....not that I imagine it will impress you much......I just hate the outright nastiness and continual rumours .....

mostly the nastiness

This tim guy has no respect for anyone views read his posts.

They are only interested in agreeing with each other and spouting abuse at any other views.They have caused a siege mentality with the board so they is know dialog it seems.

They are as bad as the board in my view.

They have caused a siege mentality with the board

I'd say the board have done that with their behaviour, disrespect of fans and shareholders, lies, the refusal to negotiate with potential buyers (don't forget the Chaudry bid was originally thrown out with no discussion, debate or reason), ignoring life long fan Mark Simms, the timing of the EGM to limit the amount of shareholders who can make it, the whispering campaigns, the discarding of the charter, acting like they own the club, making up 2/3 investors every time someone is interested in te club (who then disappear)...etc...etc

If the customer base is so angry, then the people running the club have to take responsibility for that. Blaming the customers for everything that goes wrong is stupid. You yourself constantly attack the people who want change, yet seem oblivious to what the board are doing or have done. You will argue you don't support the board, yet your posts over the last six months have only attacked those who want change, and seemingly let the board off the hook.

I'd say the board have done that with their behaviour, disrespect of fans and shareholders, lies, the refusal to negotiate with potential buyers (don't forget the Chaudry bid was originally thrown out with no discussion, debate or reason), ignoring life long fan Mark Simms, the timing of the EGM to limit the amount of shareholders who can make it, the whispering campaigns, the discarding of the charter, acting like they own the club, making up 2/3 investors every time someone is interested in te club (who then disappear)...etc...etc

If the customer base is so angry, then the people running the club have to take responsibility for that. Blaming the customers for everything that goes wrong is stupid. You yourself constantly attack the people who want change, yet seem oblivious to what the board are doing or have done. You will argue you don't support the board, yet your posts over the last six months have only attacked those who want change, and seemingly let the board off the hook.

Good post.

Dont forget the tactics used particularly by Oliver and V2001 to oust Bill Bell,I'm afraid if you live by the sword you die by the sword ===

When V2001 took over I wasn't a regular user on here and I didn't really read the sentinel so TBH I didn't know the tactics that they employed against Bill Bell in order to gain power. Having read the archived reports that people have posted on various threads over the last few weeks Mo's tactics are no worse than those used by the current board

My thoughts exactly

I have just fired back what the board would respond back to yourselves.

The way things have been conducted is poor in my view and caused this mess it all smacks of v2001 back when they were attacking Bill Bell.

V2001 were poor from the start and obviously in it for there own ego.Read back, some of there biggest abusers have been board name droppers in the past and if MC is successful will be the trouble makers for him to.

Totally agree..and a few other non-aligned fans I know ( some of whom are shareholders too) are of the same opinion. The general view is that Mark would be much more to their liking, because of his history, but that we don't have the luxury of waiting for the "perfect" combination.

I think Bill and the Board do seem to have a perfect target to aim at, the classic "dodgy wide boy" looking for publicity that many folk see Mo Chaudry as, and god knows what the history is between them ( there has to be some) but in classic V2001 style, they've managed to miss their aim totally and shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly. To bang on about "property developers" at a time when there's probably more development land available in the City than at any time in its history is a bit pathetic...and I don't buy their community radio stuff either...I know that when Mo Chaudry (along with a few councillors) was arrested and investigated over the Dimensions splashpool, he would have lost a lot of funding opportunities, so what happens makes sense......what worries me about that is the fact that the investigation took place - even though they couldn't "prove" anything, knowing the councillors involved I do suspect something was happening....and that that "something" was not necessarily a good, honest and straightforward thing to be doing. That's one of the reasons I'm wary.

If the Board had come up with anything other than one of Baldrick's "cunning plans" to take things forward, I'd say their chances would be better than they are, but at the moment it's very much "the cheque's in the post", trust us etc etc.

IF they find someone alternative before the EGM, then I think they might win, but I'd be equally suspicious of someone I knew less than nothing about.

I'm glad the tone of debate has calmed down, though...cheers everyone!!!

Archived