onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman rubbishes reports!!!

carpetman123

Advert

Yes I agree but saying nothing at all and its the rumour mill going wild!!!

But saying it correctly and with a degree of professionalism is what is required - not crazy rants that just stir up even more rumours.

I posted the Aspin story, not because it was a rumour of the terrace variety, but because it appeared in a Sunday newspaper and I thought fans would be interested. You will noticed that I actually prefaced the story saying "take it or leave it". Personally, I take everything I read in the papers on football matters with a pinch of salt - and that includes this morning's story in the Sentinel!

He did Tosh,the one who slipped away and went on to win 5 League titles and 3 European Cups at Liverpool.:rolleyes:

Fair enough, but it did involve a change of position as well. Pity Sir Stan didn't give him a run in the forward line.

Guest TommyMac

So Norman won't offer Adam's a contract until he can give him next year's budget figure. Why not? Put the ball in mickey's court. You never know he might want to stay and sign. I also find it difficult to believe Norman doesn't already know next year's budget to within £100,000

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Wolves-3-Port-Vale-0-Safety-priority-Valiants/story-20738761-detail/story.html

Norman denies reports in the National Press linking us with Niel Aspin see Sentinel story...he also said on the radio that with no disrespect to Vale fans he did,nt know who Niel Aspin was!!

He said that an announcement would be made in due course when everything is in place and wish people would stop making up rumours and stories!!

Seems to me that now we dont get regular tweets from our Chairmen everybody has gone into conspiricy mode again!!

He cant win can he?

I don't want to see him on twitter - it makes a change for him not being the one making **** up.

I wait with interest for some good news delivered in a professional manner.

I know. If he ever walks down the corridoor by the executive boxes and looks at the photos on the wall, he'll notice a bald gentleman in quite a few of them. No, not that bald one, the other one. That's who Neil Aspin is.

It would only two minutes on Wikipedia to find out that Neil Aspin is a former Port Vale captain who served the club for ten years, mostly in the second tier of English football. I'm sure Norman means well but to me it came across as slightly disrespectful.

To be fair he does apologise for the disrespect in the article

How do you know they dont communicate?....how does anybody know? just love it when Vale fans like to make up stories.....lets face it nobody knows how often Micky and Smurf talk to each other so why make out that they dont!!!

Trying to be balanced and not skewed in blindly loyal way.

They don't get on if you believe they do that's up to you.

To be fair he does apologise for the disrespect in the article

I know, I just think that he would have been better off saying nothing at all. What's that old saying about discretion being the better part of valour?

"No offence but...", "No disrespect but...", "I'm not being funny but..." are all rubbish caveats.

In the meantime while this drags on.Which Vale player's who are out of contract this season will decide to go elsewhere IF they get chance.What about attracting new player's to the club?

I know that contracts will run to the end of the season.But players will be wanting to know what is happening and want to know/plan their future.While this faffing about is going on other club's could be sniffing around and take the better player's.

So Norman won't offer Adam's a contract until he can give him next year's budget figure. Why not? Put the ball in mickey's court. You never know he might want to stay and sign. I also find it difficult to believe Norman doesn't already know next year's budget to within £100,000

Indeed. We can't sell a player for cash, the big games in terms of gates have gone (unless Walsall bring 2000, which is unlikely based on history), we are unlikely to go up or down. What will he know by the end of March that he doesn't know now, unless of course he is planning to leave...?

Any one who doesnt understand rumour and gossip surrounding a football club is in the wrong business although I have to say the only rumour and speculation I'm interested in is where are the next three points are coming from and can MA pick a side to do it ?

Any one who doesnt understand rumour and gossip surrounding a football club is in the wrong business although I have to say the only rumour and speculation I'm interested in is where are the next three points are coming from and can MA pick a side to do it ?
I do thinks that you have your priorities right Black Pooch

Archived