onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman rubbishes reports!!!

carpetman123

Advert

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Wolves-3-Port-Vale-0-Safety-priority-Valiants/story-20738761-detail/story.html

Norman denies reports in the National Press linking us with Niel Aspin see Sentinel story...he also said on the radio that with no disrespect to Vale fans he did,nt know who Niel Aspin was!!

He said that an announcement would be made in due course when everything is in place and wish people would stop making up rumours and stories!!

Seems to me that now we dont get regular tweets from our Chairmen everybody has gone into conspiricy mode again!!

He cant win can he?

The last incumbents were heavilly critiscised for not being 'open and transparent' so when Wildes and Norman arrived they said that they would be using social media sites

Then he was critiscised for being on Twitter too much so he stopped tweeting.....now because we arent hearing from the guy people are making up rumours and stories!!!.....seems to me that the guy just cant win!!!

To be fair I wouldn't say reading a sunday paper is going into conspiracy mode...you can't blame fans for discussing an article...that would happen at any club.

..and there's a big difference between posting contradictory statements and arguing with fans on twitter and having good PR.

It's hard to imagine Norm not knowing who he is.

I know. If he ever walks down the corridoor by the executive boxes and looks at the photos on the wall, he'll notice a bald gentleman in quite a few of them. No, not that bald one, the other one. That's who Neil Aspin is.

It would only two minutes on Wikipedia to find out that Neil Aspin is a former Port Vale captain who served the club for ten years, mostly in the second tier of English football. I'm sure Norman means well but to me it came across as slightly disrespectful.

Was Aspin here for the parade of Rudges barmy army last year, I can't remember?

I'm with Tosh, I'll believe anything when it happens. Adams & Smurf don't seem to have a conventional communicative relationship, it's like trying to work out the wife's mind - it's impossible!

I know. If he ever walks down the corridoor by the executive boxes and looks at the photos on the wall, he'll notice a bald gentleman in quite a few of them. No, not that bald one, the other one. That's who Neil Aspin is.

It would only two minutes on Wikipedia to find out that Neil Aspin is a former Port Vale captain who served the club for ten years, mostly in the second tier of English football. I'm sure Norman means well but to me it came across as slightly disrespectful.

Not excusing NS but he did say he didn't mean to offend anyone by not knowing who Aspo was.I didn't know Aspo and Micky had played together at Leeds until today.

The last incumbents were heavilly critiscised for not being 'open and transparent' so when Wildes and Norman arrived they said that they would be using social media sites

Then he was critiscised for being on Twitter too much so he stopped tweeting.....now because we arent hearing from the guy people are making up rumours and stories!!!.....seems to me that the guy just cant win!!!

Writing illiterate stuff on social media is not being open and transparent - it's simply being daft. That's why I would criticise him for it. There are official club channels for communication and being a twit on twitter isn't one of them as far as I'm concerned.

Using the club's official twitter site is one thing - having a rant about supporters on your own personal twitter site is totally different,

Writing illiterate stuff on social media is not being open and transparent - it's simply being daft. That's why I would criticise him for it. There are official club channels for communication and being a twit on twitter isn't one of them as far as I'm concerned.

Using the club's official twitter site is one thing - having a rant about supporters on your own personal twitter site is totally different,

Yes I agree but saying nothing at all and its the rumour mill going wild!!!

Was Aspin here for the parade of Rudges barmy army last year, I can't remember?

I'm with Tosh, I'll believe anything when it happens. Adams & Smurf don't seem to have a conventional communicative relationship, it's like trying to work out the wife's mind - it's impossible!

How do you know they dont communicate?....how does anybody know? just love it when Vale fans like to make up stories.....lets face it nobody knows how often Micky and Smurf talk to each other so why make out that they dont!!!

How do you know they dont communicate?....how does anybody know? just love it when Vale fans like to make up stories.....lets face it nobody knows how often Micky and Smurf talk to each other so why make out that they dont!!!

Based on both Micky's and Smurfs contradicting statements in the press over recent months I think it's evident that communication is poor

Archived