onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ben Williamson

MattW

Advert

Very harsh comments re Williamson. Never had a good run in the side and sometimes shows glimpses of a quality striker.

I used to be a fan on his and thought he had the potential to be a really decent striker. But his goals record, despite a lack of starts, is appalling and whenever he has been given an opportunity from the start he's squandered it. He's nowhere near League One level, unfortunately. The same can be said also of Gavin Tomlin.

I've been a big fan of Willow in the last few years, but I think you're right in your comments. However, I don't think Hugill is the answer either. Seems like we have a glut of fringe strikers who don't know where the net is - really useful.

Nowhere near proven yet, but I figure that we won't go down and so we might as well find out and give him a chance. Maybe with a player behind him as opposed to two strikers.

Andy I was one who really thought Williamson would become a real asset in league one but the truth is he isn't a finisher.

Feel for Pope because Mohamed was a poor signing, JMW isn't consistent, and Birchall has not done enough. Add to that the other flatter to deceive players like Ford's and the service into the box has been poor compared to last season.

We are a half decent mid table league one side and that's a great improvement on the last few years.

What killed it for us was the parting of the ways with Norman and Paul. For a short while we were fooled into believing the Messiahs had arrived whereas now we are a club losing money and trying to cut our cloth to suit. But credit Norman for doing that as I wouldn't want to go back to where we have just come from.

Andy I was one who really thought Williamson would become a real asset in league one but the truth is he isn't a finisher..

Is it a case that if you add Tomo as well as JMW as well as Dodds with Williamson that they are not getting a long enough run in the starting team to build confedence, in 1 week out the next no consistency, prob's with the exception to Dodd's cus for how long he has been here.

Watching him tonight he wasn't much of a threat, but then neither was Pope. The problem is not the front men, it's the totally non-existent midfield. Loft tonight wasn't interested and looked massively out of his depth and never really took part in the game. Dan jones was awful, looked like he should be playing for a non-league team. As for Lines, god knows what has happened to him, again appears disinterested and looks like he is playing out his contract. Griff, again although not great did at least stop a few goal bound shots, but again wasn't up to scratch (but strangely was probably the man of the match - just goes to show how bad we were). Unless we can have a midfield who can create some chances for the forwards you can never judge them - currently no wingers means no goals and it doesn't matter who plays up front. It's time for MA to man up and actually pick a team who can win and not just hope for a point against a very 1 dimensional poor opposing team! Rant over!

In terms of strikers not one has shone this season and looked good enough in the majority of games. I see people raving about Hugill, but is he really going to come good? From what ive seen, no, but suppose we have to give the lad a chance. His first touch is poor and he gets bullied a lot just like the other strikers. Shrewsbury was a prime example where it was like playing with 2 non league strikers. At the end of the day, every strikers had a fair chance and none of them deliver when starting games.

We are crying out for pace; Jones looks lost on a football pitch, Myrie Williams only performs against clueless full backs and Loft isn't pacey enough. Taylor played well when given a chance but isn't good enough consistently. So why not play Mohamed for a few games and re call him? The season is dead, no winger is performing, I know the lad looked poor for us at the start of the season but surely he deserves another chance?

Archived