NekNominate

For Us All

Advert

Pathetic?

Talk about attention seeking?

Deserve what they get?

Need a bigger challenge in life?

Views and opinions please.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/10628721/NekNominate-is-a-deadly-game-of-drink-or-dare.html

This is a discussion board, you don't need to request views & opinions- they're a given.

I got nominated but I'm in my mid thirties and simply chose not to do it. It's incredibly pious to question the lives of those that do do it (I see the standard pompous JA answer has already landed). Like everything in life, people do these things for different reasons- some might be attention seeking but some might just be doing it because they think it might give others a laugh. I've seen some hilarious ones

It seems to boost the sales for the drinks industry, undertakers and poultry farms so let them get on with it... the economy needs all the help it can get, although it may reduce the places available in cemeteries so perhaps pits should be dug and bodies burned like the do with mad cow or foot and mouth... or perhaps they could perpetuate the game... leave the dead bodies sitting in a chair until the decay is visible and the maggots have done their work... post online and see if anyone can do better... someone else would have to nominate obviously.

It started off as a game, a bit of a laugh, but some are now getting out of hand. To neck a pint of whiskey or 5 litres of vodka as two of the deceased did beggars belief, what did they think would happen after drinking that?

My mate did one and believe me, at 6ft 3, and just under 20st, a semi pro. tighthead prop, he is anything but a weak willed person.

This is a discussion board, you don't need to request views & opinions- they're a given.

I got nominated but I'm in my mid thirties and simply chose not to do it. It's incredibly pious to question the lives of those that do do it (I see the standard pompous JA answer has already landed).

You are joking? I am the person who posted that they need help...and I meant it, I was not being remotely pious. My apologies for showing some compassion to people suffering cos of this

Like everything in life, people do these things for different reasons- some might be attention seeking but some might just be doing it because they think it might give others a laugh. I've seen some hilarious ones

I have no doubt that some are safe and indeed hilarious but those that indulge in the more dangerous practices associated with this and feel pressured to do so cos of what might happen on Facebook and Twitter need help. Note what I posted:

" If the nominee doesn’t respond in 24 hours they are subjected to ridicule on their Facebook wall and Twitter timeline"

Anyone who feels they need to give in to such pressure needs help

But if you prefer to dismiss them and focus on the hilarious ones then so be it; I'm happy to be pompous on this..indeed I'd say my pomposity rating on this is about 8/10 ;)

I'm sure that drinking games and dares have been going on for years and years.

The difference is that these days people all carry handheld video cameras around with them on their phones so if anyone ever acts like a d¡ckhead there's a decent chance they'll get recorded doing it.

Fair enough, most of it is stupid, but then it always has been. Let's not pretend it's a relatively new thing, it's just that the apparatus of modern society has managed to institutionalise it and make it into a nice package for the Daily Mail to condemn.

Archived