onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

NekNominate

For Us All

I'm sure that drinking games and dares have been going on for years and years.

The difference is that these days people all carry handheld video cameras around with them on their phones so if anyone ever acts like a d¡ckhead there's a decent chance they'll get recorded doing it.

Fair enough, most of it is stupid, but then it always has been. Let's not pretend it's a relatively new thing, it's just that the apparatus of modern society has managed to institutionalise it and make it into a nice package for the Daily Mail to condemn.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/neknominate-idiotic-teenager-slammed-after-3136433

Advert

I'm sure that drinking games and dares have been going on for years and years.

The difference is that these days people all carry handheld video cameras around with them on their phones so if anyone ever acts like a d¡ckhead there's a decent chance they'll get recorded doing it.

Fair enough, most of it is stupid, but then it always has been. Let's not pretend it's a relatively new thing, it's just that the apparatus of modern society has managed to institutionalise it and make it into a nice package for the Daily Mail to condemn.

I agree with you on most of that, I've done my share of stupid things over the years, But the fact they feel pressurized to carry it out because they'll get ridiculed on some worthless social media page - that should be condemned by all.

NekNomination combines,in one ugly word,two of the most common sources of adult anxiety about the young,booze and online mobbery.Teenagers and people in their early twenties have,broadly speaking, always been wild.They are the first to try out new drugs and the first to suffer the consequences.They are the first up for the latest dare,remember tombstoning,because they are the most vulnerable to peer group pressure.

NekNomination combines,in one ugly word,two of the most common sources of adult anxiety about the young,booze and online mobbery.Teenagers and people in their early twenties have,broadly speaking, always been wild.They are the first to try out new drugs and the first to suffer the consequences.They are the first up for the latest dare,remember tombstoning,because they are the most vulnerable to peer group pressure.

So you never did anything stupid? Get a grip, it's just a media frenzy and you've fallen for it; I bet you read the Daily Mail.

I agree with you on most of that, I've done my share of stupid things over the years, But the fact they feel pressurized to carry it out because they'll get ridiculed on some worthless social media page - that should be condemned by all.

Exactly..but apparently that's being pious and pompous

So you never did anything stupid? Get a grip, it's just a media frenzy and you've fallen for it; I bet you read the Daily Mail.

Yep kids have died but it's just a media frenzy.And I am very pleased to announce that I do read the Daily Mail. I take it you don't?

Doing stupid things cos you feel pressured to do so is IMO something we should be concerned about..espcially given the audience that Facebook and Twitter etc have. But fine, let the vulnerable pay the price for this whilst the rest of us don't fall into the trap

Must also be readers of the Telegraph, Mirror, Guardian, Independent etc who have been taken in by this..we're all so dumb we don't realise

My pompous scale rating now risen to 9/10

Yep kids have died but it's just a media frenzy.And I am very pleased to announce that I do read the Daily Mail. I take it you don't?

Doing stupid things cos you feel pressured to do so is IMO something we should be concerned about..espcially given the audience that Facebook and Twitter etc have. But fine, let the vulnerable pay the price for this whilst the rest of us don't fall into the trap

Must also be readers of the Telegraph, Mirror, Guardian, Independent etc who have been taken in by this..we're all so dumb we don't realise

:notworthy:

I don't read the Mail, no- for starters I'm not a right wing nut job who obsesses over every little thing that might upset the afternoon tea party. I'm also not a racist. Here's one for you- how do you confuse a Daily Mail reader? Tell them illegal immigrants are the natural predators of paedophiles.

Your generalisation of everyone that partakes is hilarious! Everyone who does it is weak and bowing to peer pressure? Not everyone is vulnerable but that argument doesn't suit your agenda. Mrs Thatcher would be very proud of your volition though, keep it up.

As for FUA, your quoting of the gutter press is impressive, I wouldn't subject myself to that nonsense! The Mirror- great source, it must be true

I don't read the Mail, no- for starters I'm not a right wing nut job who obsesses over every little thing that might upset the afternoon tea party. I'm also not a racist. Here's one for you- how do you confuse a Daily Mail reader? Tell them illegal immigrants are the natural predators of paedophiles.

Your generalisation of everyone that partakes is hilarious! Everyone who does it is weak and bowing to peer pressure? Not everyone is vulnerable but that argument doesn't suit your agenda. Mrs Thatcher would be very proud of your volition though, keep it up.

As for FUA, your quoting of the gutter press is impressive, I wouldn't subject myself to that nonsense! The Mirror- great source, it must be true

The gutter press is expanding.:rolleyes: :thankssign:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jennymccartney/100259381/neknomination-more-than-ever-children-need-to-be-taught-how-to-say-no/

I don't read the Mail, no- for starters I'm not a right wing nut job who obsesses over every little thing that might upset the afternoon tea party.

Neither am I and I read it every day

I'm also not a racist.

Ditto

Interesting to comment on a newspaper that you don't read

Here's one for you- how do you confuse a Daily Mail reader? Tell them illegal immigrants are the natural predators of paedophiles.

Not a problem,.,means that the illegal immigrants are doing something useful :)

Your generalisation of everyone that partakes is hilarious!

Unlike your generalisation of Daily Mail readers

Everyone who does it is weak and bowing to peer pressure?

Nope everyone who bows to peer pressure on this needs help not to

Not everyone is vulnerable but that argument doesn't suit your agenda.

Agenda? tell me more?

Mrs Thatcher would be very proud of your volition though, keep it up.

Happy to

I don't read the mirror but I know it's the ultimate example of gutter press ;) Actually I read a wide variety of newspapers cos it's good to read different points of view on a subject.

Archived