onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

NekNominate

For Us All

Advert

Possibly but basically very very unhappy people..not the kind of thing that happy contented people do.

To be fair I am about as happy and contended as I have been in my life. I have a circle of incredible friends, get to travel the earth and have a superb job oh and support the Vale so what could be better?

Oh yes I was nominated by one of my foreign friends and gladly accepted the challenge and passed it on to 4 others in 4 different countries, 3 of whom accepted and did it. Its a bit of fun that you see people doing in pubs up and down the UK for example every single day somewhere.

If people are ridiculing thats their misfortune and shows them up as very poor friends of the nominated individual, who needs friends when you have idiots that mock other people.

Live and let live, give me your Facebook and I will nominate you, Geo and all the great people on here ;)

Yep kids have died but it's just a media frenzy.And I am very pleased to announce that I do read the Daily Mail. I take it you don't?

Doing stupid things cos you feel pressured to do so is IMO something we should be concerned about..espcially given the audience that Facebook and Twitter etc have. But fine, let the vulnerable pay the price for this whilst the rest of us don't fall into the trap

Must also be readers of the Telegraph, Mirror, Guardian, Independent etc who have been taken in by this..we're all so dumb we don't realise

My pompous scale rating now risen to 9/10

Why the hell are kids drinking, surely thats a problem with society?

Its a bit of fun that you see people doing in pubs up and down the UK for example every single day somewhere.

I wonder how many police reports are generated over a 5 day period by people having a bit of fun in pubs and clubs up and down the UK? I would imagine most of them occurred when people are outside the various premises. It seems that there is an inability to understand the various dangers and a strange idea that if a little is good then excess is better... what is fascinating is the fact that more idiots leave pubs and clubs than ever go into them and there seems to be a need to become one of the idiots as soon as possible.

It also seems odd that "friends" nominate each other to consume a dangerous amount of alcohol as quickly as possible before putting their lives in further danger with some stupid stunt... perhaps the meaning of "friend" has changed to someone who is grief stricken at the death of someone they used to "have a bit of fun" with.

Live and let live, give me your Facebook and I will nominate you, Geo and all the great people on here ;)

Nominate away, you know how much I care what people think and how desperately I try to fit in with the "crowd"... providing it doesnt involve consuming any amount of that farmyard slurry some call beer it would be considered before refusal.

I wonder how many police reports are generated over a 5 day period by people having a bit of fun in pubs and clubs up and down the UK? I would imagine most of them occurred when people are outside the various premises. It seems that there is an inability to understand the various dangers and a strange idea that if a little is good then excess is better... what is fascinating is the fact that more idiots leave pubs and clubs than ever go into them and there seems to be a need to become one of the idiots as soon as possible.

It also seems odd that "friends" nominate each other to consume a dangerous amount of alcohol as quickly as possible before putting their lives in further danger with some stupid stunt... perhaps the meaning of "friend" has changed to someone who is grief stricken at the death of someone they used to "have a bit of fun" with.

Nominate away, you know how much I care what people think and how desperately I try to fit in with the "crowd"... providing it doesnt involve consuming any amount of that farmyard slurry some call beer it would be considered before refusal.

How many people have died from this, how many people die at football matches accross the world every year? Football is a bit of fun too.

I think its 0.5 litres of any alcohol of your choice so you are on ;)

First choice would be Bombay Sapphire followed closely by Canadian Club... the first chilled in the fridge the second with 2 ice cubes... providing there is no time limit I would consider it... the average so far is one large measure in 3 years

How many people have died from this' date=' how many people die at football matches accross the world every year? Football is a bit of fun too.[/quote']

The difference being that deaths at football matches arent usually self inflicted... but dont misunderstand... I dont have a problem with people drinking themselves to death in the privacy of their own homes, whether by dare or choice.

Who are those people who have responsibility for kids generally up to the age of 18' date=' their names escpae me? Oh thats right parents, still probably the parents of such idiots are probably queing up for Jeremy Kyle's new series ;)[/quote']

Kids of all ages copy what others do, not always what their parents do, the drunken antics by some are not restricted to late evenings as we have seen recently at some football matches.

The strange attitude by many that to have a good time it is imperative to consume alcohol is probably fueled by the memories of a good time when alcohol was consumed.

Stupidity isnt a great respecter of class or social standing, stupidity is usually compounded by the desire to tell the world of kyle but its not exclusive to the participants or audience.

The difference being that deaths at football matches arent usually self inflicted... but dont misunderstand... I dont have a problem with people drinking themselves to death in the privacy of their own homes, whether by dare or choice.

I think violence at football matches is a greater toll of deaths than this. It also appears the idiots that have died have in most cases changed the alcohol from beer to neat vodka. Words absolutely fail me if that truly is the case as then its not a bit of fun, its damaging yourself completely for no reason.

How many people got to pubs & clubs, have fun and don't get arrested though? That is a ridiculous argument

How many people got to pubs & clubs, have fun and don't get arrested though? That is a ridiculous argument

If you accept that problems occur outside premises, which more often than not they do, then the argument holds good. People enter the premises and drink... some drink to excess and leave as idiots causing the problems.

The vast majority of people dont drink to excess, dont leave the premises and cause chaos or fight or put themselves or others in danger but those who do are usually fueled by alcohol... I doubt many of them would consider baying at the moon, urinating in the street, vomiting over anyone or anything etc when they arent drunk... therefore there are more idiots leaving pubs than ever go in.

Thats not the same as saying all people who enter and leave pubs are idiots.

Archived