onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Best away days you've had.

Advert

I enjoyed Liverpool away and Arsenal,also the obvious Wembley trips and Millenium stadium.

When I was younger had good trips to the likes of Reading,Cardiff(old ground),Newcastle(old),a few trips to Sjoke have been good too

Aldo remember when we beat Huddersfield in the cup a few years back mainly because I confronted Oliver that match and when we got the winner a mate of mine wrapped a fellow fan(who was a tad drunk) in some plastic meshing that was on the seats behind us,just watching him trying to celebrate the goal yet flopping around like a fish,childish but it tickled me.

2-1 win at Bolton when we were singing 1 nil down 2 one up we've knocked Bolton out the cup, funny thing was the supermarket in the ground, we couldn't see the far corner of the ground, just remember the ball coming over and Ron Futcher heading the winner in

Ah I remember that one and I am sure our supporters coach had bricks thrown at it after the game.

Just remembered another one,Southport away

Got to be Huddersfield 0-4 for the result and the implications. Happy days.:D

Yes i agree with you there, we stayed in the championship due to that result and Sjoke went down due to vale winning and sjoke losing at home to man city, i think 4500 vale fans went to huddersfield and when we were singing '' the ***** are going down '' it was awesome the whole away end was rocking and jumping up and down, MAGIC !!!

Lots to choose from but special mention for Fulham 0 Vale 6 on Boat Race day. Andy Jones scored a hattrick having just been selected for Wales.

Pre-season tours have been good, Isle of Man, Ireland, etc. Any trip to Torquay is always great. Does anyone remember those weekends that Jack Smith, one of the vice-presidents, use to run in the early 80s? We would set off from Vale at about 7 in the morning. Jack always reckoned reaching Trubshaw Cross meant we were outside the three mile limit and would open the bar for breakfast!

That Fulham game was brilliant, I have it on tape somewhere at home. Blimey football was slow then though.

Brighton away in 1994 has to be the best for me followed by Bristol Rovers away in the first leg of the play off final in 1989 and Exeter away in the area final of the Autoglass in 1993 after Bernie scored. The atmosphere driving back up the motorway beeping at Vale flags was brilliant!

I went on a few of Jack's coaches, I'm sure he ran the one for the 5th round FA cup game at Watford in 1988 that my mum for some reason took me when the driver ran over my my hackiesack ball at the services stop on the way home to confirm a miserable night all round after my mate Lester Shapter contributed to sending us spinning out of our great cup run :(

Brighton away 94 obviously - but we were on the slowest coach ever - only back at the saggers 10mins before last orders still got a couple in

Stockport promotion away in the late 80's was decent

Stoke in the autoglass - a lifelong dream fulfilled to beat Stoke at the Viccy Ground - nice of the Stokies to throw us a couple of road signs into the ground.

Everton Bogie day superb

Arsenal 0.0 awesome 6 league defeats amazing

West Brom with Andy Porter stonking a 3-2 winner at the away end

Wolves 3-3 sproson and bull having fisticuffs on the floor and shaking hands like proper men

LDV in Cardiff was a proper day - 2 mins walk from great pubs to the ground

Archived