onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

1st Febuary 2014, Gillingham v Port Vale, pre Match, match itself.

Fosse69

Away form apart from cup victory at Plymouth not been good .

So with that in mind and Gills rejuvenated under Peter Taylor maybe a cautious just one up front maybe the way go !

It's not that negative as long as lines ,loft and co bomb on .

The most important thing about today is stay in the game as long as poss,no sloppiness in midfield or the back .

Pope won us the home fixture from the bench so maybe lightning may strike twice.

Williamsons overall performances in games have been good so I'd like c him in the side today .

Hugill covers a lot of ground for a big lad ,important that we don't let any side settle wouldn't be unhappy if he got a start also.

Knotts a unknown quantity maybe give him the nod over Griff,or if we set up contain then put him in the five in midfield.

Dickinson out ,so Yates / loft ,Yates swung over a beauty for Pope head in last year lets hope if he gets the nod history repeats itself .

A winnable game I feel ,starting xl can be changed I'd start with and go more attacking as the game wears on .

Neal

Grimmer Robbo Davis Yates

Shuker Griff loft Lines Knott

Williamson

As game wears on jmw for shuker ,Tomlin for Knott and Pope for griff after say 60 mins .

Games against Preston and Brentford? What did you expect? teams with much larger budgets.

Advert

Very true but set up can bridge the gap in budget .

If that's the case then u wouldn't even go the games ,if guaranteed lose because the team u r playing have bigger resources.

It's players who win games not budgets !

Of course I go to games hoping to win, but against better teams it does not happen very often. When it does it is very rewarding, but losing to the likes of Brentford and Preston away is to be expected, a win at Wolves would be great.

For a game like this, I think Tomlin is too lightweight. If he scores the winner, like at Walsall, I'll be more than happy to apologise. I'd have started with Hugill and brought Willo on later on.

I'd settle for a draw. Just hope it's not us ahead, rain and match abandoned.

Archived