onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Walk up is too much Money!

Jesse James

We need to slowly build our fan base and follow successful clubs in doing this in the past, clubs like Wigan who I remember could only muster 3-4000 home fans when they joined the league in the 70s Blackpool,Charlton,reading clubs like that who had steady growth over a period of time of success...they have all tasted life in the top tier but have kept a bigger nucleus of fans along the way

I'm not saying we are going to reach the premiership because I think it's a bit different now than when they did it but I certainly think we are capable of being a good championship side

Advert

Most gates in the division were down on Sunday compared to boxing day eg Sheff Utds gate was down by 3000. Our prices are some of the highest in the division for an area of low paid people.

Don't forget how messed-up the budgeting was for this season.....that partly explains the walk-up prices.

Whoever set the budget for this season based it on unrealistic attendances coming from an unrealistic rise in support.

Having said that, the season tickets were excellent value and the part season-tickets now on offer are an affordable package for the remaining home games.

It's not that long ago that we dropped the walk-up price to £13.50 (one of V2001's initiatives).....and it didn't result in any significant increase in support.

Optimum pricing & accurate budgeting is a lot more precarious than most people would realise!!

I have been a season ticket holder for 20 years, I am willing to accept walk up prices £1 above average cost per match for season ticket holders.
How much would STs have to go up to compensate for the loss of revenue? How many "free games" do STs get 5 or 6? How about reducing it to 3 by increasing prices, and reducing walk-up using the increased revenue? A worthy topic to raise with Norman, "How to increase attendances and revenue at the same time"

I have been a season ticket holder for 20 years, I am willing to accept walk up prices £1 above average cost per match for season ticket holders.

I doubt anyone would buy a ST based on that sacavsworld.If an ST holder missed one game they would be paying the same as pay on the day over a season.I'd be ok with £1 per game increase as a ST holder but I'd expect the POTD to be at least £20.

How much would STs have to go up to compensate for the loss of revenue? How many "free games" do STs get 5 or 6? How about reducing it to 3 by increasing prices, and reducing walk-up using the increased revenue? A worthy topic to raise with Norman, "How to increase attendances and revenue at the same time"

8 free games at the moment Fosse.

As has been mentioned before, with the new tv. money, all premier league clubs could afford to let the fans in for free and still make a profit.

Doubt any will even reduce prices.

But think of the effect on lower league clubs, far better for more of the TV money to go to the lower leagues to improve facilities etc.

Always easy to run someone else's business ; Ultimately I feel its time we stopped rolling out the "its too expensive" line to explain away our poor gates and accept that as a mid table league 1 team we ll average 6,000, top end of league 1 and we ll average 7,500 and championship we may average 9,500.

I buy a season ticket and think its great value : I may go 2 away games a year now ( having watched vale for 40 odd years I feel like I ve done my time in terms of away matches) and quite simply its £50 each time ya go an away game : go two less away and there's £100 towards ya £300 season ticket : not rocket science, just a matter of choice.

I don't feel the need to have a beer before or after the game and resist the underwhelming compunction to have something to eat while in the ground : again this means that to watch the Vale costs me roughly £13 and I ve really enjoyed this season.

Compare the price of a season ticket against membership of a golf club or even 2 games of squash a week or two skiing holidays a year and I have very little sympathy for anyone saying its too expensive to go : I guess theres about 12 weeks to go before next years season tickets are out : again its a matter of choice but don't go another away game and save £10 each time Vale play by not having beers or a pie and you will have a large % of the season ticket costs paid for : Or do like I do and organise yourself an interest free credit card and pay it off over 12 months : anyone wants any help with that email me and I ll help.

The pay on the gate prices are roughly in line with other clubs and are here to stay so get over them: find a solution to buying a season ticket because its difficult to get 8 months entertainment for £300 be it golfing, squash, cricket, rugby , skiing or dominoes !

The key to value is a season ticket as others have said.

I know it is a lot to shell out in one go but £13 a match is an absolute bargain.

I wouldn't spend anything to go & watch the premier league. Its not real football & it'll eat itself soon enough when it all comes crashing down. Its unsustainable in the long term.

Archived