onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Walk up is too much Money!

Jesse James

blame the Premier League - they chose to show Chelsea v Liverpool live when there was a full football league programme of fixtures - if it had been a saturday they would not have been allowed to do that.

I said to my dad only this week I can see a Premier Elite league being formed within the next 10 years, where the top 10 teams (and we all know who they will be) will play each other 4 times, and with 'stupid o'clock' kick off times !!!

Watch this space..........

Advert

Under 12's are free and there are consessions by age above 12 plus pensioners price. So a dad can take a couple of kids and himself for just over 20 quid. I would say that's a bargain. I miss a few matches due to work etc. but buy a season ticket to reduce the cost. I have also saved 50 percent of the cost of next years st. Overall when you add in consessions etc. I think our prices are about right.

People seem to forget we are a 'Town' club. How many town clubs are in the Prem?... None. We are in fact now in the top 20 clubs in England with a town status. The city clubs will always prosper.

Erm... unless we've moved Vale Park its in the city of Stoke on Trent. Thanks to this council we still have a club.

Even worse we do have a premier club!

Just airing a view not saying drastically reduce the prices just making a point! this site no wonder I don't post more often. Happy New Year Everyone! Pardon me for having a comment to share. Up the Vale the club I love & the club many more would support if the price was less.

You made your comment and it is a valid comment.Other people are giving their opinion,as they are entitled to do.

On a personal level I can't physically make every game. I #1 can't afford a season ticket #2 am a father of two young ones one of which would sit through a game. I look forward to when I can balance life and the vale but until then once a month will have to be my contribution. I will though say upon doing that I find £22 reasonable!! It's not that I'm a stay away I've just got to balance things?

People seem to forget we are a 'Town' club. How many town clubs are in the Prem?... None. We are in fact now in the top 20 clubs in England with a town status. The city clubs will always prosper.

We're basically the only proper team in one of the country's larger cities. The problem is the city is blighted by too many misguided idiots who go to some no mark hoofers in Neckend. As cruel a fate for our regal club as it is for the great unwashed who miss out on the pure class that is PVFC?

If the prices are too expensive for this area then why have we got one of the best away followings in the league? Away travel and cost outweigh the price of home tickets. Agree the prices are high but its the same or similar to every team in league one
There is a core of supporters who are willing to spend a lot of money to watch the Vale away, that is their choice, others have different priorities of time and money, some wish they could spend more or have time to watch the Vale more. For big games more people make the effort, maybe we can call on 12k, but increasing the average gate is a slow process unless something spectacular happens,

On a personal level I can't physically make every game. I #1 can't afford a season ticket #2 am a father of two y5oung ones one of which would sit through a game. I look forward to when I can balance life and the vale but until then once a month will have to be my contribution. I will though say upon doing that I find £22 reasonable!! It's not that I'm a stay away I've just got to balance things?

If £22 is reasonable to get into watch Third division football, then I'm afraid there's no hope for some on this site. What if, and I say if, Vale ever make it to the Premier league and families of two or three have to pay in excess of £80-100 per match- there needs to be a sensible structure within the whole football league or what happens is many just don't bother turning up as they are not turning up now.

The Vale should offer incentives to walk up fans and for example, charge one match at £22, then offer the return at a discounted price of 15% discount for up to three matches on receipt of a ticket stub, thus offering reward for loyalty- it would be sustainable and cost effective.

£22 is too expensive to watch a cold Tuesday night game versus Colchester- I would rather spend the evening watching telly. Don't people like Norman Smurfwaite understand the customers of his business? We mostly are all working class people on rather lowest salaries- in fact one of the poorest areas in the country.

£22 should get you in to see the game, a pie, drink, programme, and a raffle ticket. Instead you are looking at £30 not including pre match food and drink ect...

No one can blame people for staying away.

I have pensioner friends who have season tickets at Man Utd. They say that it works out at £20 per game and that is to watch the best teams in the country; the Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man. City etc.

Seems good value to me. Better value than Vale V Stevenage, or Crawley.

I have pensioner friends who have season tickets at Man Utd. They say that it works out at £20 per game and that is to watch the best teams in the country; the Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man. City etc.

Pity we don't have millions from tv to subsidise us like they do. Gates are our lifeblood.

It is called economy of scale,10 times the crowds of Vale. I assume they charge different prices for different parts of the ground. Also gate money is not ManUs main income.

It's only better value if you're not a Vale fan. Give me a cold Tuesday night at VP rather than the plastic Premiership any day of the week, watching local lads like Pope and Yates busting a gut for the team they support.

A home Boxing Day match is always a popular fixture and so it makes no sense to discount your popular gates but that said, a two match discount for two closely consecutive games at crimbo when many are watching the pennies may have been more appealing. It's a tricky balance.

I didn't go the Rotherham match as it was the best day weather-wise for a day out in the Peaks with my missus and dogs. She's been a football widow on Boxing Day and will be on New Year's Day so football gave way yesterday. I've been incredibly busy in the run up to crimbo so a rare spell off work means I have plenty of things I'd like to do while I have the opportunity. Money had nowt to do with it as I have a season ticket but crimble is a time for things other than footy.

It's only better value if you're not a Vale fan. Give me a cold Tuesday night at VP rather than the plastic Premiership any day of the week, watching local lads like Pope and Yates busting a gut for the team they support.

Hear, hear.

I would say between 10 - 15,000 of those present at the Britannia for home games are there as "Barclays Premier League" watchers as opposed to being fans of the home team.

It's worth mentioning the great value a season-ticket has been this season. For about £13 a game, I've hardly seen a poor game and have found it all really entertaining. Wolves for the atmosphere, Cov for the atmosphere and result, the Bradford win, the great effort against Posh, the late drama against Bristol City, the excellent performance yesterday......

This is our finest spell in a decade, and could get even better!

A home Boxing Day match is always a popular fixture and so it makes no sense to discount your popular gates but that said, a two match discount for two closely consecutive games at crimbo when many are watching the pennies may have been more appealing. It's a tricky balance.

I didn't go the Rotherham match as it was the best day weather-wise for a day out in the Peaks with my missus and dogs. She's been a football widow on Boxing Day and will be on New Year's Day so football gave way yesterday. I've been incredibly busy in the run up to crimbo so a rare spell off work means I have plenty of things I'd like to do while I have the opportunity. Money had nowt to do with it as I have a season ticket but crimble is a time for things other than footy.

Bede, that is so romantic

Archived