onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 2 Notts County 1 - post match

Woakesy

Advert

I feel popey could do with some kind of focus/concentration tips... This season hes doing far to much moaning about being 'done too' if only he'd focus on the play more first and foremost I think he'd score some more of the chances he's been getting.

Good play in the middle of the park today, held the ball well and brought others into play...

FOCUS PLEASE POPE!!!

I recom he will be in focus v's fat lads Rovrum...... ;):yes::D:thepope:

Certainly wasnt vintage yesterday but its another three points and a win on Sunday will see us two points off a play off place going into the new year.

Johnson... 6. Not much to do and looks like a young lad still learning the game. Should have done better on the goal and his kicking is suspect at times. However, he has time on his side and if he gets the support he needs he could go on to have a successful career.

Yates.... 7. Steadiest performer at the club for a while now. Nothing spectacular. Does a job. Probably had the toughest job on the pitch in trying to handle their number 7 but did it admirably.

Duffy... 8. Great performance. One superb tackle second half. A real find at centre back.

Robertson... 7. Commanding from the big man. Thought positionally he got found wanting at times as they seemed to have to much space but overall a decent performance.

Dicko... 8. When the game was flat in the second half it was Dickos surging runs that got the fans going. Again, positionally found wanting. Tended to drift in the centre and give there winger acres of space but he is a real 100%er. In my opinion he should get the captains armband.

JMW... 6. Quiter than ive seen him. Not many moments for Jeno but slotted the penalty away nicely.

Tomlin... 9. My star man. If only for his last half an hour. Terrorised their number 2. Tidy in his feet and pace to burn. Should have scored when he was one on one and then got denied a few minutes later by a superb save. Couldnt have placed his penalty any better!! He changed the game when he turned up the screw.

Loft... 8. Hes badly missed when he doesnt play. He went missing at times yesterday but i think thats due to his match fitness. As the game went on he got stronger. Another one who fianlly started to take the game by the scruff.

Griff... 6. He does a job. I like griff and think he gets undue levels of criticism thrown at him. Nowhere near a standput performance yesterday but i would have him in my side rather than out.

Pope... 6. Won header after header but he looks a shadow of last seasons player. Worked his balls off and got battered from pillar to post but never looked likely in front of goal.

Hughes... 4. It pains me to say it but hes had his day. Certainly at this level. Ran around a lot. Did nothing else. It was the performance of a man at the end of his career. I personally think he may be gone in January. One last move to another league 2 club and freeing up some wages for us. That being said i have no qualms if he stayed until the summer after his impact last season. A real favourite of mine is hughesy and what a surreal sight to see the whole of the stadium clapping him off!

Williamson... 6. No real impact from Ben. Poor touches and couldnt get to grips with game. Still say he will have a big say this season.

Shuker.. 7. Neat. Tidy. Busy. Probably the closest we have to Lines in terms of vision of the game.

Dodds... 6. Only on for a minute and did his job. Ran it in the corner.

Winning by not playing well is a great sign. Big game on sunday now. Hoping for another 7000+ gate.

Think I read somewhere we have beat rovrum in each of last five league games? They have a couple out suspended and a couple out injured I believe. Another 3 points would certainly set us up nicely for the new year I recon..... Oh and nice to see crWHO holding up the other 23 teams too!.....:yes::D

Certainly wasnt vintage yesterday but its another three points and a win on Sunday will see us two points off a play off place going into the new year.

Johnson... 6. Not much to do and looks like a young lad still learning the game. Should have done better on the goal and his kicking is suspect at times. However, he has time on his side and if he gets the support he needs he could go on to have a successful career.

Yates.... 7. Steadiest performer at the club for a while now. Nothing spectacular. Does a job. Probably had the toughest job on the pitch in trying to handle their number 7 but did it admirably.

Duffy... 8. Great performance. One superb tackle second half. A real find at centre back.

Robertson... 7. Commanding from the big man. Thought positionally he got found wanting at times as they seemed to have to much space but overall a decent performance.

Dicko... 8. When the game was flat in the second half it was Dickos surging runs that got the fans going. Again, positionally found wanting. Tended to drift in the centre and give there winger acres of space but he is a real 100%er. In my opinion he should get the captains armband.

JMW... 6. Quiter than ive seen him. Not many moments for Jeno but slotted the penalty away nicely.

Tomlin... 9. My star man. If only for his last half an hour. Terrorised their number 2. Tidy in his feet and pace to burn. Should have scored when he was one on one and then got denied a few minutes later by a superb save. Couldnt have placed his penalty any better!! He changed the game when he turned up the screw.

Loft... 8. Hes badly missed when he doesnt play. He went missing at times yesterday but i think thats due to his match fitness. As the game went on he got stronger. Another one who fianlly started to take the game by the scruff.

Griff... 6. He does a job. I like griff and think he gets undue levels of criticism thrown at him. Nowhere near a standput performance yesterday but i would have him in my side rather than out.

Pope... 6. Won header after header but he looks a shadow of last seasons player. Worked his balls off and got battered from pillar to post but never looked likely in front of goal.

Hughes... 4. It pains me to say it but hes had his day. Certainly at this level. Ran around a lot. Did nothing else. It was the performance of a man at the end of his career. I personally think he may be gone in January. One last move to another league 2 club and freeing up some wages for us. That being said i have no qualms if he stayed until the summer after his impact last season. A real favourite of mine is hughesy and what a surreal sight to see the whole of the stadium clapping him off!

Williamson... 6. No real impact from Ben. Poor touches and couldnt get to grips with game. Still say he will have a big say this season.

Shuker.. 7. Neat. Tidy. Busy. Probably the closest we have to Lines in terms of vision of the game.

Dodds... 6. Only on for a minute and did his job. Ran it in the corner.

Winning by not playing well is a great sign. Big game on sunday now. Hoping for another 7000+ gate.

Perfect summary that echos my views on individual performances.

What about Elvis? I'd give him a 2 simply for persevereing in an awkwardly embarrassing situation.

I actually thought Hughes did far far better than Williamson when he came on. I thought a lot of attacks went through him, where as williamsons touch, intelligence and anticipation looked a league below where it needs to be.

Loft but a few players to shame with such a performance after being out injured. Griff was again diabolical. Those thinking we would have beaten MKDons if he had played need their heads checking. And to drop him for an away match, and bring him back at home against a struggling team seems odd. Should not be playing at the moment. He isn't even doing what he is good at, tackling and breaking up play. Tomlin was excellent in the second half.

It may not be popular, but Johnson is not good enough for league 1 at the moment. We either need Neal back soon, and if not a loan keeper. Slow, flat footed, poor kicking.

Duffy was the pick of the defenders again, he is definately more of a centre half than right back.

Not the greatest game but I'll take the three points.

Based on the BBC website, Frecklington and Milsom are now on 5 yellows, so looks like they will miss Sunday's game. Couldn't find anything about Pringle, their third highest scorer, who was also booked today. Nouha Dicko, who scored in each of their last five games before today will also be missing as his loan spell from Wigan has ended.

According to soccerbase, Frecklington has now had seven bookings so will already have served a suspension. Vukic, the lad on loan from Newcastle, will definitely need watching.

Rotherhams forum seems to think its Milson and Bradley who will be missing.

Don't think anybody's sure?

Think their forum's right - according to soccer base, the only two now on 5 are Milsom and Bradley. They seem to have picked up an awful lot of yellows, so Sunday's game should be interesting. Let's hope the officials are up to it.

Thought it was a real test for Vale today ,Duffy reading off the game spot on !

Ok the two pens were fortunate but that's football last home we should have had three v Stevenage we got one ,so swings and roundabouts .

Thought we generally played well especially when shuker and Williamson entered the fray ,thought loft put a terrific shift in and Yates did very well ( m.o.m ) considering he was marking there no 7 who was very good !

Well played Vale had the power and deservedly won the game ,there goalie made three very good saves !

Only negative there goal !

You were watching a different game to me!!! Yates was poor….again. Back to his form of two or three seasons ago.

I do agree with the Shuker and Williamson comments. I know Ben does not score goals but his pace and movement creates space for others.

You were watching a different game to me!!! Yates was poor….again. Back to his form of two or three seasons ago.

I do agree with the Shuker and Williamson comments. I know Ben does not score goals but his pace and movement creates space for others.

TBF to Yates he was up against 2 of their more mobile players in Fox and Grealish after a game out through injury. The only time anyone caugh up with the latter it was Loft who was cautioned for his troubles. 2nd half he had a much improved game as I think that Grealish played inside a bit more.

We need to get rid of Hughes in January. Offers nothing now. We looked far more dangerous when he went off. Waste of a £3k wage.

I agree either that or start getting some value from his wages by playing him more regularly. With more games his fitness will improve a little as will his sharpness if he's sitting on the bench he's getting £12k/month for doing bliddy all.

Archived