onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 2 Notts County 1 - post match

Woakesy

Hughes works hard and makes intelligent runs off the ball. Unfortunately he does not fit well with Pope who is our outstanding scorer. Dodds fits better with Pope than any of the others although Tomlin may do so if he is given a run of games. There seem to be a lot of members who simply want to criticise Griffith regardless of the events on the pitch. He is frequently the only midfielder attempting to stop two or three opposition midfielders. Against Notts he was the reason Loft felt free to go forward on attack. Johnson shows signs of wanting to distribute the ball at times rather than just hoof it up the field. Dickinson, Yates and Duffy all showed they understand the need to work the ball out of defence rather than hoof it. I just wonder how many of the persistent Griffith critics were at Milton Keynes where the game was lost before he was brought on.

Advert

Heres my Ratings !

Johnson ,apart from the goal which he probably knows he should have saved a steady afternoons work 6

Yates 7.5 ,my man of the match was up against trick players all game ,did well in my opinion,

Dickinson 7 enjoy it when he as a go ,well yesterday had two gos ,maybe a goal for him soon in future fixtures ,defensively good !

Duffy 7 splendid performance read the game well ,didnt let anyone down .

Robertson 7 same as Duffy !

Tomlin 7.4 very good player superb last 20 !

Griff 5 nitty gritty

We did well winning with only 7 players!

We need to get rid of Hughes in January. Offers nothing now. We looked far more dangerous when he went off. Waste of a £3k wage.

It's funny how differently people can see games. I though a lot went through Hughes and Williamson offered very little when he came on, and the chances he did have he chose completely the wrong thing to do with the ball.

Hughes works hard and makes intelligent runs off the ball. Unfortunately he does not fit well with Pope who is our outstanding scorer. Dodds fits better with Pope than any of the others although Tomlin may do so if he is given a run of games. There seem to be a lot of members who simply want to criticise Griffith regardless of the events on the pitch. He is frequently the only midfielder attempting to stop two or three opposition midfielders. Against Notts he was the reason Loft felt free to go forward on attack. Johnson shows signs of wanting to distribute the ball at times rather than just hoof it up the field. Dickinson, Yates and Duffy all showed they understand the need to work the ball out of defence rather than hoof it. I just wonder how many of the persistent Griffith critics were at Milton Keynes where the game was lost before he was brought on.

Are you trying to imply we wouldn't have lost at MK if Griff had started? You seem to forget that Griffith's performances had been so poor prior to that match that we were forced to play Dickinson in CM as his replacement

I feel popey could do with some kind of focus/concentration tips... This season hes doing far to much moaning about being 'done too' if only he'd focus on the play more first and foremost I think he'd score some more of the chances he's been getting.

Good play in the middle of the park today, held the ball well and brought others into play...

FOCUS PLEASE POPE!!!

10 goals before the new year?

Absolutely not, good at centre half a liability at full back. That was why I thought it strange to drop Griff at MK Dons and change the entire defence only to then bring him back for the home match yesterday.

Agree to disagree. Hes a liability at CH for me. No composure on the ball at all. Chilvers at CH, yates LB and duffy RB for me. Dickinson midfield-griff leek town.sorry leek!

Agree to disagree. Hes a liability at CH for me. No composure on the ball at all. Chilvers at CH, yates LB and duffy RB for me. Dickinson midfield-griff leek town.sorry leek!

Yes, will have to. Since when has it been a prerequisite for a centre half to have composure, I agree it's a nice to have however if he's reading the game, winning the ball and stopping the player he's marking from scoring then that for me as a CH gets him the nod. Dickinson should stay at LB and if we need a midfield stopper then Griff seems to be our only option at present.

just watching the highlights no way was the second penalty a good call--contact was outside the box. But nice penalty from Tomlin, and a great pass to Pope earlier--how that wasn't put away I'll never know. Three points, however they come....

I thought that at the time but it happened so fast that it was really hard to tell. The ref was also very well placed and a lot closer than I so I was happy to give him the benefit of the doubt:)

just watching the highlights no way was the second penalty a good call--contact was outside the box. But nice penalty from Tomlin, and a great pass to Pope earlier--how that wasn't put away I'll never know....

Yep, it was just outside the box but its the chance defenders take.....no need to trip Tomlin. Brilliant use of his body by Tomlin to get away from the Notts player to run at goal. I though the ball just bobbled a tad as Popey hit it, hence it went over the bar.....same for their goalkeepers miskick in the first half. Popey had some nice layoff's as well.

Dodds fits better with Pope than any of the others.
I agree Al. The benefit of Dodds is that he can score goals and he helps out the midfield when we are under the cosh and boy do we need help in midfield if we are using two wingers. Williamson's ability is pace but little else. Sadly his finishing is dire unless we are winning by a couple of goals when the goal although welcome is of far less importance than when the game is in deadlock. I'm afraid Ben's record says that his theme tune should be 'He only scores when we are winning'.

I honestly wish Ben could finish better but strikers are born with the ability.

I agree Al. The benefit of Dodds is that he can score goals and he helps out the midfield when we are under the cosh and boy do we need help in midfield if we are using two wingers. Williamson's ability is pace but little else. Sadly his finishing is dire unless we are winning by a couple of goals when the goal although welcome is of far less importance than when the game is in deadlock. I'm afraid Ben's record says that his theme tune should be 'He only scores when we are winning'.

I honestly wish Ben could finish better but strikers are born with the ability.

To be fair, Dodds deserves to be behind pope, Williamson, Hughes, hugill and Tomlin to be playing alongside pope at the moment. If you'd asked me at the started of me season I'd have said we should play play 4-2-3-1 with Dodds being pope (or Hughes), but he just hasn't done anything to deserve to play.

Archived