onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Jimmy Greenhoff in VPB 88

DickDale

Jimmy Greenhoff tells us about his time at Vale Park in the latest edition of the Vale Park Beano on sale tomorrow, still a quid. He tells for the first time about his 'iffy' relationship with John McGrath and the real reason why he left. (The clue's in the last sentence).

It's a bumper issue and includes all the regular features, Tales Of The Unexpected, Robbie Billions, Stokie Sid, Radio Ga Ga, Readers Wives, Cut It Out, plus details of the latest IPlod, Free Exclusive Limited Edition Shirts, Taking The Michael (Baggaley), President Obama Salutes The Vale, On The Net featuring you lot and as it's December there's the usual Port Vale Pull Out Calendar for next year.

Up the Vale!

Advert

My dad always tells me he was a bit of a genius.

Talk Sport ran a competition last weekend to win tickets for Stoke v Man U and Micky Quinn was talking about the answer to the quiz question - the Victoria Ground. He was clearly talking about something he knew little or nowt about when he talked about players who graced the ground Mike Pejic and the GreenWOODS!! :doh:

Must have been the volley from a corner , at the bycars end, if i remember right think it was against York.

Correct, always had this down as my favourite goal, dennis smith was player manager for york and his assistant was viv busby who I think also played, so they knew what greenhoff could do

Correct, always had this down as my favourite goal, dennis smith was player manager for york and his assistant was viv busby who I think also played, so they knew what greenhoff could do

I was standing behind the bycars end goal when it went in, probably the best goal Vale have scored in the last 40 years. i remember meeting Jimmy Greenhoff and he signed a football for me, he was a class act in every aspect. Scandalous he never got the full England caps that he deserved!

I was in the Bycars that day as well, just to the left of the goal about halfway back (as I will be today) : a great goal, and a reminder that volleying in directly from corners was happening before Paul Scholes was even born and the media-driven, over-the- top premiership was even thought about. For me only really rivalled by Neville Chamberlains overhead kick at Crewe or of course any goal against Stoke !!

I was in the Bycars that day as well, just to the left of the goal about halfway back (as I will be today) : a great goal, and a reminder that volleying in directly from corners was happening before Paul Scholes was even born and the media-driven, over-the- top premiership was even thought about. For me only really rivalled by Neville Chamberlains overhead kick at Crewe or of course any goal against Stoke !!

Greenhofs goal against York was certainly one of the best Vale have scored, but May favourite has got to be Ray Wlkers bendy banana against Spurs

I was in the Bycars as well,it was on 3rd January 1983 in a 2-1 win over York City,Jimmy Greenhoff and Ernie Moss scored in front of a crowd of 6,056.

Archived