onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 0 Preston 2 - Post Match Discussion

Caz or caz123

Terrible, no ideas or intent and we got just what we deserved. Williamson did well IMO and lines but the rest may as well have not turned up. Preston will be there or thereabouts come may, but tonight we got found out in too many places - something that will need putting right by Saturday.

Attendance a bit worrying too considering they bought 1000!

Advert

Never expected anything out of the game but disappointed with the performance. We were playing at half pace in the first half and never really got at them. The sending off incident was ludicrous - Garner punches Griff three times and Kilkenny gets sent off? No wonder the lad was reluctant to go - interesting that, Garner is their top scorer and Kilkenny is just on loan. Mmm!

First goal was a crazy pass by Griff. At times he is like one of those supermarket trolleys with dodgy wheels - you want it to go forward but it keeps swivelling round and going in the wrong direction. It left Robbo totally exposed and Garner, who should have been in the dressing room scored. We came into the game much more in the second half and were very much on top when they broke away and got the pen. I must admit I thought there was more than a hint of offside against the bloke who was fouled but wasn't in line so can't say. Anf the pen was put away by Garner ....... who should have been in the dressing room! That was the first thing Neal had to do in the second half.

Gifting them the first goal allowed them to get men behind the ball in numbers and made it very difficult for Vale to break them down - howking the ball into the box from 40 yards out isn't the best way of breaking down a massed defence though. They also took every opportunity to spoil the game and the ref was about half an hour late in booking their keeper for time wasting.

Never mind, onwards and upwards to Walsall ......... where we haven't won in the League since 1947!!!

It was 10 against 10. Commented on the way up that this was not a game for Dodds.

We were found out tonight. Certainly found out Dodds Griff and Yates.

I have said it for a while now and I am not making Dodds the scapegoat but he has been here 6 or so seasons and still doesn't really have a position,so for me that says it all really.

Lines was clearly motm for me.

If anything, tonight confirmed how much we need to get Lines on a longer contract as soon as possible - our only player I feel would walk into all the teams in this league and a class above, someone will come sniffing in the summer if not January.

Very poor display from Pope, lost count of the amount of fouls he gave away, seems to have slipped back in to the form before he was dropped, when lines picks the ball up deep we need to stop running away from him and show for the ball! Can't win them all however so no need to panic, on to Walsall to get back on track.

Very poor, albeit against an excellent side.

The hoof ball was embarrassing, and to lose in that manner against ten men is woeful. We missed Loft in the middle. Griff is a liability when he has the ball at his feet.

I still think we will beat Walsall though, providing we go with 2 wingers (Tomlin and Myrie) and really go at them.

First half we constantly hoofed the ball and we looked really poor,second half we dominated by actually playing more football,this has to be the way to go we do look better playing on the deck.

Dreadful performance and tactics.Playing with 2 wide players and continually hoofing the ball.When their player was sent off why did we need to wait til halftime to make a change.It was crying out for someone to be brought on so we could dominate with passing in midfield.

Didn't expect anything though I agree playing Dodds was the main concern. Couldn't make it but even on the radio you could tell he was having a poor game!

As did Griffith - absolute garbage with the ball at his feet. His inability to make the simplest of passes gifted Preston the first goal.

Thought we missed Lofty in the engine room tonight - particularly his forward runs. Griff was poor after having a good game on Saturday, Dodds was ineffective whilst Yates needs to work on his crossing big time. That said PNE will finish in the top 4 no doubt.

Our record against the top 5 sides shows where we are which is a mid table side which I would have been ecstatic with back in the Summer.

We should not get hung up on them having 10 men for most of the game, Vale had 10 men as well... Dodds may as well sat in the crowd, went missing for 80 minutes..

Stats will say we pummelled Preston, but we were 1 trick ponies... Diagonal cross into the box from 35 yards well defended by Preston every single time!

Next game please, let's just forget all about it!

Archived