onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 0 Preston 2 - Post Match Discussion

Caz or caz123

Advert

Easy to say in hindsight but I did say it before and I'll say it again... Micky got the team selection wrong. Bringing Dodds into midfield was never ever going to work. How many times has he had a good game out wide? To make matters worse he continually switched the wingers and it just meant neither got into the game. Then to make matters worse he put Dodds in the centre of midfield in the second half so instead of taking control of the game we then simply had no presence to try and instil ourselves onto the opposition when they held their two banks of four.

We looked disjointed, too many misplaced passes, clumsy challenges and ultimately certain players looked leggy and uncomfortable when defending. Really poor show and for me only Lines really came out of it with any credit.

I don't like to pick out individual players but what do Dodds & Taylor bring to the team? Yes Taylor played well on Sat but it was a one off. Both dreadful tonight. Dodds far too lightweight and Taylor when in a decent crossing position, never beat the first man.

Preston played well. They defended brilliantly but there was zero creativity and movement for Vale. Desperately missed Lofty.

No need to make it more than what it was. It was a poor performance against a very good team. We got what we deserved, nothing.

Very poor, albeit against an excellent side.

The hoof ball was embarrassing, and to lose in that manner against ten men is woeful. We missed Loft in the middle. Griff is a liability when he has the ball at his feet.

I still think we will beat Walsall though, providing we go with 2 wingers (Tomlin and Myrie) and really go at them.

Easy to say in hindsight but I did say it before and I'll say it again... Micky got the team selection wrong. Bringing Dodds into midfield was never ever going to work. How many times has he had a good game out wide? To make matters worse he continually switched the wingers and it just meant neither got into the game. Then to make matters worse he put Dodds in the centre of midfield in the second half so instead of taking control of the game we then simply had no presence to try and instil ourselves onto the opposition when they held their two banks of four.

Spot on

We looked disjointed, too many misplaced passes, clumsy challenges and ultimately certain players looked leggy and uncomfortable when defending. Really poor show and for me only Lines really came out of it with any credit.

Was expecting our toughest game of the season and was rite,well organised Preston are and not surprised we lost even against 10 men,Neal lucky not to be sent off for the pen and only 4900 Vale fans turned up,dread to think what the crowd would have been if we lost at Crewe,not going to lose sleep over this so will leave you guys to pick the bones out of the match ...

I don't like to pick out individual players but what do Dodds & Taylor bring to the team? Yes Taylor played well on Sat but it was a one off. Both dreadful tonight. Dodds far too lightweight and Taylor when in a decent crossing position, never beat the first man.

Preston played well. They defended brilliantly but there was zero creativity and movement for Vale. Desperately missed Lofty.

No need to make it more than what it was. It was a poor performance against a very good team. We got what we deserved, nothing.

Spot on

Could someone explain to me what Louis dodds offers port vale? He is dreadfully poor at everything and its about time he is booted out of the club. I've seen better players at trubshaw cross

Spot on. I wouldn't go as far as releasing him but certainly tonight he was found out.

In fact every post has made the same comments re Dodds tonight and that begs the question what match Micky was watching. It was obvious after the first 15 minutes that Dodds should be subbed.( for birch all)

Bad night at the office but some people need to remember where we have come from and need to take a reality check, some wand on radio stoke says after that he's going to rip up his ticket for Walsall , Great support that is ! at the beginning of the season we wouldn't of dreamed of being where we are now , avoiding relagation was the main goal. We lost against ten men yes , but PNE are a good side . I remember Man City a few seasons ago won about three games with ten men! Let's put this to bed and turn up Saturday. The thing that most disappointed me tonight was the crowd , good turn out for Preston but with a game like that where are the missing Vale fans?.

Spot on. I wouldn't go as far as releasing him but certainly tonight he was found out.

In fact every post has made the same comments re Dodds tonight and that begs the question what match Micky was watching. It was obvious after the first 15 minutes that Dodds should be subbed.( for birch all)

Needs releasing because no-one is going buy him off us. Get rid! My nan could have done better than that useless tart dodds

Archived