onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

v Peterborough..Pre match and game itself

smada

We set up to get a point, but didn't. Absolutely no fault attached to Adams or the players. I have been critical of Adams in the past but he got it spot on today IMHO. The players all worked their socks off, Yates especially, and can feel proud of their performance against a team who will surely be in the Championship next season.

Posh were nothing special! Championship bound or not they could of been beaten today if we actually used the space available and attacked them.

Bags of space on either wing today crying out for Jenno or even Mohammed to put some balls in the box for Pope to actually get on the end of.

Advert

No issue with tactics or performance for me. Gameplan nearly produced a great point against opposition that will finish in the top 6.

This season was always going to be about trying to transition from League 2 physicality over to League 1 football. Anyone thinking we should be going gung-ho or dominating teams like Peterborough needs a huge reality check.

Thought Lines was excellent. Hughes worked his nuts off. Rest a mixed bag if truth be told but all put a shift in.

Games like that are bonus games as realistically we will struggle this season to match the top 6 or 7 sides for firepower and football. All in we didn't get the result but there wasn't a huge deal wrong with the system or execution of the plan.

Posh were nothing special! Championship bound or not they could of been beaten today if we actually used the space available and attacked them.

Bags of space on either wing today crying out for Jenno or even Mohammed to put some balls in the box for Pope to actually get on the end of.

"Posh were nothing special"? They have battered almost every team they have come across so far this season, playing JMW and Mo would have been suicide they would have strolled through us, they did not deserve to win, a draw would have been a fair result especially when you consider how much it cost to get their side together.

I can be accused of being negative where MA is concerned but today I thought we were unlucky to lose especially after the Rochdale performance

Again we didn't play all hoof ball we mixed it up well were very organised and looked dangerous at times on the break. As for 8-2 formation that's just a laughable comment.

Name one time C Neal rolled/threw/passed the ball to the out field.

Name one time C Neal took a short goal kick.

Time after time big kick down field, bread and butter to Posh defenders or straight out of play.

I think Hughes showed today why he should be starting. His workrate was phenomenal, some good hold up play and lack of service let him down.

It annoys me that Hughes get substituted every time he starts, even though he's outperformed Pope in every game they've played together.

Pope's scored 1 more league goal than Hughes and played virtually every minute of every game. He's just not performing.

Peterborough started poorly and gave the ball away very cheaply, but the Vale didn't take advantage and after half-time the visitors dominated in all areas of the pitch. I was disappointed with Adams's team selection - a bit too negative for my liking, particularly as we were at home. By the 67th minute Peterborough had used all of their substitutes with a clear intention to try and win the game, but we seemed intent on clinging on for a 0-0 and Adams didn't respond until it was too late.

I think we'll be okay this season and I was impressed with the effort and endeavour, but without width we will continue to struggle to score.

I think Hughes showed today why he should be starting. His workrate was phenomenal, some good hold up play and lack of service let him down.

It annoys me that Hughes get substituted every time he starts, even though he's outperformed Pope in every game they've played together.

Pope's scored 1 more league goal than Hughes and played virtually every minute of every game. He's just not performing.

And me, he must feel embarrassed (Pope) when he knows Hughsie has put more effort in than he has.

I won't denigrate Tom whose confidence must really be suffering at the moment but, from the games I've seen, Hughes seems to win more headers and flick-ons, shields the ball better and has closer control as well as having more guile and trickery in his play. A combination of Hughes with Willo and JMW would seem to me to offer a more potent attacking threat. I thought Micky might have finished with these three for the last 20 mins or so.

Archived