onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ex Players

Mr Carter

Advert

**** me..I thought that Port Vale Football Club (and its supporters) had a heart and a soul but it appears that in this case I was wrong..I'm ashamed to be associated with those who in any way dismiss these people as free loading pensioners

That is indeed an awful thing to describe them as, I hope none of them read such a thing.

**** me..I thought that Port Vale Football Club (and its supporters) had a heart and a soul but it appears that in this case I was wrong..I'm ashamed to be associated with those who in any way dismiss these people as free loading pensioners

Sadly that is my view as well......

Exactly. Some of these ex players have played 30 games , Christ Ville viljanen nearly played that many

Yeah but most were unforgettable, especially that shot at Wigan that defied the laws of physics.

Disappointed by this decision,12 tickets is no cost set against the bad feeling and publicity this has caused. Surely as a "community club" this makes no sense.

Exactly. Some of these ex players have played 30 games , Christ Ville viljanen nearly played that many

I would file that in the "deeply insulting" category, personally.

I presume you are talking about John Poole, who played 30 first-team games (mainly because England B International Ray King was the first-choice goalkeeper) but he was with the club for eight years (as well as a professional often playing for the reserves, he also played for the junior ranks).

Unlike Ville Viljanen, Poole has also supported the Vale for over 60 years as well. He founded the ex-players' association which alongside helping former players keep in touch with each other, often involves members voluntarily going to things like funerals (hardly the nicest of things to do) as unpaid club representatives. Poole's organisation also raised much-needed money for the disabled stand and the Sproson statue.

However, to the best of my knowledge, he doesn't spout uninformed and downright rude nonsense on messageboards... ;)

And waht else has he done for the club other than play a few matches? These former players have contributed and continue to contribute to the club whether that be through fund raising activities, representing the club at events and so on.

I don't get how you can mention these players and Viljanen in the same breath (no disrespect to Mr Viljanen who played the part that he played)

And waht else has he done for the club other than play a few matches? These former players have contributed and continue to contribute to the club whether that be through fund raising activities, representing the club at events and so on.

I don't get how you can mention these players and Viljanen in the same breath (no disrespect to Mr Viljanen who played the part that he played)

They also tend to be local "lads", how many of the current team will be in the hospitality area in 30/40 years time? Pope, Yates ?

A post that shows that your command of English is equal to your knowledge and judgement.

Alternatively, it could also show that by posting using an iPhone, then there is a strong possibility that words will be auto-corrected by the said device.... Hence Were changing to We're.. Bla bla bla..

The post could also be read as an assumption ( however correct/incorrect it may be ) rather than a statement, of which I stood to be corrected.

How do you feel that your post makes you look?

Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth, some Vale fans are punching it in the teeth. Are we really telling a bloke who put over £2 million of his own money into saving our *****, how he should be running his football club and who he should and shouldnt be showing respect to. How about showing the bloke who saved our **** a little ****** respect.

I dont doubt for one minute that Norman doesnt underestimate the great job these ex players do as ambassadors for this club

I do agree that the phone calls should be taken and think that maybe the comms between front office and back office need improving, but this new trend of vilifying the man who saved our ***** is ungrateful and completely disrespectful, if you want the players there as ambassadors start a fundraiser with the supporters club to help pay for their tickets in return for them doing their well respected duties, surely this falls under supporters club durisdiction anyway?

Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth, some Vale fans are punching it in the teeth. Are we really telling a bloke who put over £2 million of his own money into saving our *****, how he should be running his football club and who he should and shouldnt be showing respect to. How about showing the bloke who saved our **** a little ****** respect.

I dont doubt for one minute that Norman doesnt underestimate the great job these ex players do as ambassadors for this club

I do agree that the phone calls should be taken and think that maybe the comms between front office and back office need improving, but this new trend of vilifying the man who saved our ***** is ungrateful and completely disrespectful, if you want the players there as ambassadors start a fundraiser with the supporters club to help pay for their tickets in return for them doing their well respected duties, surely this falls under supporters club durisdiction anyway?

Nowt like going completely over the top is there? Yes Norm saved us, yes he has done some great things to date, yes we are all grateful for that. Does that mean people can't voice an opinion over certain club matters especially when they don't, on the face of it, appear to have been handled particularly well?

Nowt like going completely over the top is there? Yes Norm saved us, yes he has done some great things to date, yes we are all grateful for that. Does that mean people can't voice an opinion over certain club matters especially when they don't, on the face of it, appear to have been handled particularly well?

Its not opinion though is it? its vilification to make everyone feel important. This is not important in the grand scheme of things, and im wondering if we carry on with our wittering and questioning of Mr Smurthwaite, whther he will go stuff you you can get lost I dont need you telling me what to do with my money and with the business I own. Ill go back to my retirement or find a club that will be greatfull and wont question my every move.

We seriously do shoot our mouths of and then shoot ourselves in the foot, this story and others ive seen smells like a lynch mob because they arent getting the infamy they had when the morons were in charge, so we'll do somthing to make it sound like te club is being run badly and with no respect, and our faces and names will get in the paper again, a fickle word this celebrity!!

Archived