onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New loan signings

yorky valiant

From memory I think their playing budget is twice or more, than ours, it is related to all income not just gate receipts. Their financial situation, sale of ground for housing etc, were discussed when we played them.

Plus their owner converted all his loans into shares, quite a considerable sum which reduced their expenditure somewhat.

• 2 weeks later...

Advert

We have money for new players weather it be on loan or permanent. the FL restrictions though don't allow us too. We need to earn more money to then be able to spend it. Abit harsh on us, because with a CB and MD we could push for the playoffs

I presume these restrictions are due to being in admin as other teams don't seem to have much of a problem with this supposed ruling.

We've hardly got a big squad full of exceptional players yet our gates are well placed in this league.

Projected turnover means the FL impose a rule on how much of that can be spent on players wages..we might have cash in the bank or in Norman's pockets but that's not how the budget is set/restricted

Other clubs with smaller attendances may be getting significant income from other sources.

I don't think admin has anything to do with it.

Projected turnover means the FL impose a rule on how much of that can be spent on players wages..we might have cash in the bank or in Norman's pockets but that's not how the budget is set/restricted

Other clubs with smaller attendances may be getting significant income from other sources.

I don't think admin has anything to do with it.

I personally think that the wrong/incorrect budget forecast has been sent to the FL. I am seeing clubs with half our gates, (and we are a debt free club!), already having or signing very high standard players pre season.

I personally think that the wrong/incorrect budget forecast has been sent to the FL. I am seeing clubs with half our gates, (and we are a debt free club!), already having or signing very high standard players pre season.

you have to remember that the development squad comes out of the playing budget as well. Personally I am not convinced of the value this brings to a club our size....

I understand that V2001 always submitted a budget showing a profit. :laugh:

you have to remember that the development squad comes out of the playing budget as well. Personally I am not convinced of the value this brings to a club our size....

I like the idea but if some of those that get on our bench are considered better options then it is probably a bit pointless.

You could be right

But then perhaps NS has been sensible and put forward quite conservative forecasts to keep us in a sound basis and maybe will adjust these as the season moves on; hopefully come January the situation will have improved

I like the idea but if some of those that get on our bench are considered better options then it is probably a bit pointless.

I would have thought that the development squad are there for the future. As the title suggests they are developing players so probably not to be considered for 1st team selection as yet but maybe next season and beyond if they show promise. I think the squad is a good idea if we can pick up enough promising players and could be the stop gap before we can develop a fully functioning youth system as good as the Crewe academy.

Archived