onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams tactical nitwit

Mattholl

I agree with Cheeky, driving players into the ground in order to achieve a high fitness level can be counterproductive. It might be fine in division 2, but when you are up against teams that play the ball around, passing to players on your own side that is Mr. Adams, then you just get worn down.

Having seen Brentford and Walsall pass us to death, I worry about how we progress from here without the creative midfielder we are in desperate need of.

On the evidence of the opposition so far, Division 1 football has improved dramatically since we last played here. You would think the management team would have observed this too, rather than opting for the ultra defensive or kick and rush approach.

Advert

I think I read the same interview, where he made a comment about a pianist not doing finger exercises in order to improve.

Well as a piano player who can remember having lessons as a kid and still plays and has added the guitar to his repertoir, pianists and guitar players often do finger exercises to improve flexibility, coordination and strength in their fingers (and indeed wrist and forearm) which don't involve the instrument

Seems Jose was wrong on this one

But I'd expect lots and lots of training with the ball as fitness is really just a platform to build upon...the players should all be reasonably fit and build on it through ball work..although some players will need more fitness training than others

Well as a piano player who can remember having lessons as a kid and still plays and has added the guitar to his repertoir, pianists and guitar players often do finger exercises to improve flexibility, coordination and strength in their fingers (and indeed wrist and forearm) which don't involve the instrument

Seems Jose was wrong on this one

But I'd expect lots and lots of training with the ball as fitness is really just a platform to build upon...the players should all be reasonably fit and build on it through ball work..although some players will need more fitness training than others

Firstly can you please stop stalking me, its getting quite bizarre.

Secondly, you must be on some sort of spectrum. Obviously normal people will realise that it was meant that the focus of the practice would not be on 'finger fitness', exercises yes, but the majority of practice no. And what he meant was that the focus of training should be on football as opposed to fitness. But as always you never argue about the actual point or in the context it was meant, but just pick out bits and pieces and argue a technicality.

Thirdly I have finally found how to use the ignore function as opposed to just trying to not take notice. Which happily means i wont see the multi quoted ******** that you will no doubt reply with. Even knowing this, you will still reply. God knows why, but you will.

Firstly can you please stop stalking me, its getting quite bizarre.

Firstly are you seriously that paranoid? Or you must have a serioulsy heightened sense of your own self importance to think that you mean any more to me than the irritating pimple on my left buttock ;)

Secondly, you must be on some sort of spectrum. Obviously normal people will realise that it was meant that the focus of the practice would not be on 'finger fitness', exercises yes, but the majority of practice no. And what he meant was that the focus of training should be on football as opposed to fitness. But as always you never argue about the actual point or in the context it was meant, but just pick out bits and pieces and argue a technicality.

Secondly...God you're boring. Read my post and you'll see that I returned to the point under discussion..you brought finger exercises etc into it..not me..I responded to a post that you made..why mention it if it's not relevant?

Here's what ypou posted "he made a comment about a pianist not doing finger exercises in order to improve."

My response is that is incorrect..they do.... get over it

And again you personalise a thread whilst having a go at me about being off topic..it's boring, predictable and, well, bizarre..and I am the stalker???

No comment was made on you

You'll then note that I concluded on the very point that was being discussed, about the role of ball playing in pre-season..but you chose to ignore that..and I I am the one who picks out bits and pieces?

Thirdly I have finally found how to use the ignore function as opposed to just trying to not take notice. Which happily means i wont see the multi quoted ******** that you will no doubt reply with. Even knowing this, you will still reply. God knows why, but you will.

Thirdly, congratulations :)

I'll reply/respond whenever and however I want to within the rules of the forum..after all my posts are for anyone to read and not just you ...God knows what a ridiculous statement you made there to think I won't respond to your posts cos you won't see them.Do you really think that they are for your eyes only?..bizarre

I will as always ignore no one

I agree Johnnyaitch but I can bet that following your exercise and practise routine, there is an end result.

I certainly hope so and I would not do such exercises at the expense of actual playing...although even playing used to involve lots of repetitive finger work (fnaaaar).

We're at a higher level now and whilst fitness is vital we have to get so much more from the players and if they are kn@ckered cos of fitness work that will get exposed at this level as we're up against better teams and having to work harder without the ball

Firstly are you seriously that paranoid? Or you must have a serioulsy heightened sense of your own self importance to think that you mean any more to me than the irritating pimple on my left buttock ;)

Secondly...God you're boring. Read my post and you'll see that I returned to the point under discussion..you brought finger exercises etc into it..not me..I responded to a post that you made..why mention it if it's not relevant?

Here's what ypou posted "he made a comment about a pianist not doing finger exercises in order to improve."

My response is that is incorrect..they do.... get over it

And again you personalise a thread whilst having a go at me about being off topic..it's boring, predictable and, well, bizarre..and I am the stalker???

No comment was made on you

You'll then note that I concluded on the very point that was being discussed, about the role of ball playing in pre-season..but you chose to ignore that..and I I am the one who picks out bits and pieces?

Thirdly, congratulations :)

I'll reply/respond whenever and however I want to within the rules of the forum..after all my posts are for anyone to read and not just you ...God knows what a ridiculous statement you made there to think I won't respond to your posts cos you won't see them.Do you really think that they are for your eyes only?..bizarre

I will as always ignore no one

The trouble with the ignore facility is that if someone quotes your post it bypasses the ignore :rolleyes:

Archived