onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams tactical nitwit

Mattholl

don't be silly cheeky, it's a statement of fact, been there done that wont do it again, they not only expect good luck money but a lifetime guarantee, bigotry doesn't come into it,it's how they conduct their business deals, just a plain statement of fact, try it sometime.

Is this a 'fact' in the same way that two heterosexual males in a same sex relationship could adopt a boy but not a girl was?

Advert

It seems the OVF shortsighted society are out in force again. I have largely kept out of this debate due to having more enjoyable things to do over the weekend. But having trawled through this ******** since I am again realising that that most will not understand what is in front of them until its nearly too late and smacks them in the face.

Wasnt Gannon a professional manager?

Yes he was & the last I read about him was that he was selling cars for a living having been "Relieved of his duties" at Stockport!

"George is Here" was making the point that Adams is prepared to stand by his decisions as a Professional Manager whilst all his critics on here only "play" at being a Manager.

To compare Gannon's achievements as a Professional Manager with those of Adams is just plain ridiculous...............

I hope you were being sarcastic, but I doubt it.

Yes he was & the last I read about him was that he was selling cars for a living having been "Relieved of his duties" at Stockport!

"George is Here" was making the point that Adams is prepared to stand by his decisions as a Professional Manager whilst all his critics on here only "play" at being a Manager.

To compare Gannon's achievements as a Professional Manager with those of Adams is just plain ridiculous...............

I hope you were being sarcastic, but I doubt it.

I wasnt comparing the two in any way... criticism is part and parcel of making controversial decisions.... I dont play manager, I dont suggest team selection or formations.... I dont care who plays where... provided they play well... I dont really care at this point if they win or not provided they make a good show of trying... adams has no choice but to stand by his decisions, to not stand by them would mean making a new decision.

I simply pointed out that gannon was a professional manager [re your statement that adams is] neither are infallible or replaceable... not that Im calling for adams to be replaced.

It appears from the Twitter of some of the players that ball work has been disregarded for "running club" in training the last couple of days. I really don't think that this is helpful, it's not fitness the players are lacking, it's the ability to keep hold of the ball. I have my doubts whether a "Micky Adams pre-season" © does actually benefit the players, or whether more football training would actually help us more. Think about it, we dropped off the second half of last season? Was that because the players had been run into the ground in pre-season and were starting to tire?

Before I get the "you're not a football manager, Micky is" type of comments, I did read an article online a month or so ago where José Mourinho was condemning the run until you drop training method and suggested a pre-season involving more ball work was more to his liking, although I admit, José has never lead a team out of admin to promotion so what would he know......

It appears from the Twitter of some of the players that ball work has been disregarded for "running club" in training the last couple of days. I really don't think that this is helpful, it's not fitness the players are lacking, it's the ability to keep hold of the ball. I have my doubts whether a "Micky Adams pre-season" © does actually benefit the players, or whether more football training would actually help us more. Think about it, we dropped off the second half of last season? Was that because the players had been run into the ground in pre-season and were starting to tire?

Before I get the "you're not a football manager, Micky is" type of comments, I did read an article online a month or so ago where José Mourinho was condemning the run until you drop training method and suggested a pre-season involving more ball work was more to his liking, although I admit, José has never lead a team out of admin to promotion so what would he know......

Don't disagree with any of that aside from the comment about Jose as he doesn't exactly work with players of the quality we have really. So in that case what would he know about league 1 football.

Don't disagree with any of that aside from the comment about Jose as he doesn't exactly work with players of the quality we have really. So in that case what would he know about league 1 football.

Begs the question of what would happen if someone like Mourinho had to manage a club like Vale. It's never going to happen though so it's not worth speculating.....is it?

I said I'd give Micky ten matches at least before commenting and I'm not going to change my mind.

I actually agree.

I do not think it does any good in making the players just run.

Its like giving a lad lines at school.

If he wants them to run all day, give them a football each and make them run with that.

I think I read the same interview, where he made a comment about a pianist not doing finger exercises in order to improve. I think Micky over emphasises fitness, whether that's his way or a lack of other ideas I don't know, but I think payers have a responsibility to be at a certain level of fitness and training should be about improving and preparing for game. A bit of fitness work maybe but definitely not the main focus, that's the payers responsibility instead of playing golf etc.

After Adams' brief mea culpa on Saturday, Grew's quotes in the Sentinel today have started to frame the Colchester defeat as the fault of the players rather than the tactics not working. Grew says he was disappointed with their work rate, I personally didn't think that it was the issue.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-ready-wield-axe-Colchester-defeat/story-19649853-detail/story.html

Accordingly, the squad was run into the ground in training yesterday.

If the players are set up in the wrong system and the opposition find weaknesses in that system and/or pockets of space to exploit, they will perhaps look like they weren't trying hard enough. Criticizing the work rate of the players is an old trick Horton used to do when he'd picked the wrong side.

After Adams' brief mea culpa on Saturday, Grew's quotes in the Sentinel today have started to frame the Colchester defeat as the fault of the players rather than the tactics not working. Grew says he was disappointed with their work rate, I personally didn't think that it was the issue.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-ready-wield-axe-Colchester-defeat/story-19649853-detail/story.html

Accordingly, the squad was run into the ground in training yesterday.

If the players are set up in the wrong system and the opposition find weaknesses in that system and/or pockets of space to exploit, they will perhaps look like they weren't trying hard enough. Criticizing the work rate of the players is an old trick Horton used to do when he'd picked the wrong side.

I agree Santa. I found the quote "We have to retain the ball better, we won it but then kept giving it away" very interesting. Wonder who he was referring to, and whether said player(s) will be in the team on Saturday?

I wasnt comparing the two in any way... criticism is part and parcel of making controversial decisions.... I dont play manager, I dont suggest team selection or formations.... I dont care who plays where... provided they play well... I dont really care at this point if they win or not provided they make a good show of trying... adams has no choice but to stand by his decisions, to not stand by them would mean making a new decision.

I simply pointed out that gannon was a professional manager [re your statement that adams is] neither are infallible or replaceable... not that Im calling for adams to be replaced.

Thank you for explaining your point.

Surely Adams and co have been working on ball retention and not running the squad into the ground i find this hard to believe??after seeing the first 3 games we look fit enough we just can't keep the ball

It dunna take Sherlock to work out the answer to that one. I just hope it doesn't take Adams as long to work it out as it did with MacDonald.

Archived