onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ticket Office

andy jones

Advert

The header at the top of each ticket is preprinted, they're using black and gold tickets for league games and red and creme tickets for the cup game. Actually it may be a temporary thing as the cup tickets have the old badge and no sponsors, the league tickets the new badge and Sondico and GMB on them. Still it took them a while mucking about.

Either more than one printer or a printer with 2 paper trays required, where is the office manager?

How much is it for walsall game, first round is usually a tenner, now we have this 2for 1 offer, if I go on my own how much is it going cost me. L have not seen any info anywhere unless I missed it, only seen the 2for1 offer in the advertiser

How much is it for walsall game, first round is usually a tenner, now we have this 2for 1 offer, if I go on my own how much is it going cost me. L have not seen any info anywhere unless I missed it, only seen the 2for1 offer in the advertiser

Adults are £14 I think

I went up today to get 3 Colchester tickets, 2 tickets (2 for 1 offer) for the Walsall game and a ticket for the Brentford game and it must have taken them 10 minutes just to serve me, and the Colchester tickets don't go on sale until tomorrow-why????

They have to faf around changing the colour of the tickets in the printer depending upon the game that they are for. I can imagine now that on matchday if people are going up to get for example their Brentford ticket and then a ticket for a midweek cup game it'll take them ages!! I'd do what I did and get up there before the day of the game if possible.

Did you give the code for the 2 for 1 tickets? as I cant remember it

Went up at lunchtime today for 1 Brentford and 1 Walsall ticket , one in front of me , I was there 20 mins !!! I'm as patient as they come especially where Vale are concerned but if incompetence of that level is going to continue it'll be carnage on match days & tomorrow !!

Vast improvement required , had to keep repeating what I wanted whilst the fella very slowly used a keyboard to enter the details , then as Nelly says it took two of them to operate a small printer and neither of them had a clue what they were doing ,one of which was the Manager, couldn't even feed the printer with blank tickets ! I paid cash ,can't imagine how long if I'd paid by card !!

As I stood there I pictured a Saturday afternoon 10 mins before kick off with a load of 'pay on the days' fresh from the pub! Oh dear recipe for disaster !!

Action required from the top on this or I fear we are going to lose considerable finance and bodies through the gate !

This is not a moan or rant but concerned feedback for anyone who can do something about it because what I experienced today is going to cause big problems unless addressed quickly . Good luck to anyone hoping to purchase tickets tomorrow ,give yourself plenty of time .

Would the option of preprinting tickets be viable for the 1st few games or until the online system is up and running. Walk up give them your cash they give you a ready printed ticket, there's no seat allocation on them and there are lots of Mr Smiths in Burslem. Or are they tied to the cash register?

At this point - as others have started to experience what I did - Can someone, anyone, who knows how to send a twitter message to Norman please do so and beg, for the sake of not losing thousands of pounds of revenue, to have a couple of cash turnstiles ready to open up for the Brentford match and all subsequent home games until online ticketing becomes available.

Many of our fans will turn up at their normal turnstiles for the Brentford game to be told to go to the 'new shop' and when there find a single queue, going through a single door, when there used to be something like 16 turnstiles to pay at round the ground.

I know nothing about barcode systems or ticketing for that matter... but... would it be possible [for home games at least] to have pre printed tickets that could be entered into the system [activated] by scanning them?

Pick up a ticket - scan it to activate - price on screen - take payment - next ?

The same system could be used for the family bundles although it would mean issuing individual tickets per person..... in fact it could be adapted for away games also

Just a thought

Computers are great for automated systems, they can crunch numbers and information at an alarming rate.... but they are limited by the speed and information entered... computer errors are usually human errors... any system is only as fast as its slowest components... the operator and the customer.

Just had an alarming thought.... if the average wait for a ticket is 10mins... [from whats been said above]... and 1,000 people turn up throughout the week to buy early it will take over 166 hours to deal with them, thats over 4 weeks @ 40 hrs a week

At this point - as others have started to experience what I did - Can someone, anyone, who knows how to send a twitter message to Norman please do so and beg, for the sake of not losing thousands of pounds of revenue, to have a couple of cash turnstiles ready to open up for the Brentford match and all subsequent home games until online ticketing becomes available.

Many of our fans will turn up at their normal turnstiles for the Brentford game to be told to go to the 'new shop' and when there find a single queue, going through a single door, when there used to be something like 16 turnstiles to pay at round the ground.

Cash turnstiles are gone.

If you think Norman is going to get them back then think again.

Whilst it is obvious that things need improving, just going back to the old system is not going to happen.

Im sure Norman will address the situation and make sure supporters are served quicker but, like ive said, there will be no return of cash turnstiles.

I was talking to my friend last night who told me as all last season he knew of a chap in his 50s and a chap in his 30s who purchased juvenile tickets and used them thereselves to get in, wonder how many others did this, no doubt it will carry on this season.

I was talking to my friend last night who told me as all last season he knew of a chap in his 50s and a chap in his 30s who purchased juvenile tickets and used them thereselves to get in, wonder how many others did this, no doubt it will carry on this season.
More difficult with dedicated turnstiles, obviously a small young looking adult is difficult to spot, but can never be 100% without spending on uneconomic technology.

Archived