onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ticket Office

andy jones

As I recall, both the Burton and Northampton games were effectively all ticket weren't they and everyone managed to get one?

Perhaps the club might consider changing the opening times of the shop/ticket office on one day a week - 11-7 instead of 9-5 to make it easier to purchase during the week??

That's the best idea on this thread,but I would make it twice a week late opening

Advert

Getting back to my original post - its all well and good telling people to arrive earlier than 15 mins before kick off.

But if you read my original post I arrived 25 minutes before kick off on Tuesday, there were less than 50 people in front of me in the queue (who may well have been buying tickets for others than just them selves) - But it took 15 minutes for me to get to the front of the queue!

Now if only 1,000 pay on the day turn up 30 minutes before kick off for Brentford then on the basis of the above (say each person in the queue is buying 2 tickets) 800 of them will miss kick off - that is totally unacceptable.

Every possible ticket sales point was staffed on Tuesday so there is no way to increase the number of people selling tickets, it just took so long to do it.

As mentioned previously Dave,the solution is not to arrive 25 minutes before kick-off but perhaps 4 days 25 minutes before.

The club definitely need to start publicising and promoting this first game by paid advertisements in the press.

We are playing a club who got within a nats whisker of automatic promotion last season and who have some very good players (signed another today by the looks of it)

There's no reason at all why we shouldnt expect to get at least 7,000 Vale fans in for this match. This is what Wildes was good at.

This is what I cannot find anywhere? If I could print off how many I need before traveling up, that would be great but still no communication? No details of the 6-8 game bundle as well. Time is of the essence and often don't have time to go to the ticket office before the game.

Just want to buy online ASAP, get on it Vale :)

Birdy,

I got a tweet on Monday saying online ticketing won't be available for the Brentford game and will be advertised on the official site once it is launched

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

You may not need to know but by posts on here no one knows... or at least some dont and if some dont on here them quite a few more wont know who dont come on here.

Agreed..I am absolutely certain that some don't know and it is highly unlikley that situation will ever change..there will always be some who don't know

My point remains, if I were travelling some distance to get to a home match I'd make sure I get there early if I don't know the ticketing arrangements..as should anyone else

Fosse,

Having more tills open helps of course, but the way the ticket office has been built (exact copy of the old one) means there is no possibility of increasing the number of tills.

Also because you have to access those tills through a single door (as at the old ticket office) means there is a continuous delay as the new face gets to the door and searches for the next available till.

We should have duplicated the Supermarket system by having the till windows built into the wall and open access to all the tills as in a supermarket.

At banks etc you have to queue up and wait for the next available till in a single queue - why do you think Supermarkets dont do this as its the fairest way - simply because they want to process the fastest way possible and not the fairest way so they can serve more people in a set time.

Sorry but whoever designed the new ticket office failed to show any forethought.

Archived