onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ticket Office

andy jones

Fosse,

Having more tills open helps of course, but the way the ticket office has been built (exact copy of the old one) means there is no possibility of increasing the number of tills.

Also because you have to access those tills through a single door (as at the old ticket office) means there is a continuous delay as the new face gets to the door and searches for the next available till.

We should have duplicated the Supermarket system by having the till windows built into the wall and open access to all the tills as in a supermarket.

At banks etc you have to queue up and wait for the next available till in a single queue - why do you think Supermarkets dont do this as its the fairest way - simply because they want to process the fastest way possible and not the fairest way so they can serve more people in a set time.

Sorry but whoever designed the new ticket office failed to show any forethought.

As you say the single queue system, which moves faster, is the fairest way, and is used at some M&S food stores for self-service basket tills, but trolleys queue at each till, and so more than one customer can unload. Maybe a till free lamp would speed things up? Were there problems at the old ticket office? I only used it for away tickets at quiet periods so cannot judge.

Advert

Got back off holliday today and guess what only one season ticket turned up . i went into ticket shop to pay for two in april , got a letter in may asking why i hadnt renewed, went in cus not sitting on a 0871 number for hours , a very clueless member of staff said not too worry staff error seat and ticket on way , but 7 days to go no ticket. you then realise why its a very poorly run outfit and thats 1 reason for poor ticket sales . IF I PAY I SHOULD GET MY TICKET ASP NOT HAVE TO RUN ROUND IN MY DINNER HOUR TO SORT IT OUT YOU CAN JUST SEE ALL THE PROBLEMS COMMING SATURDAY , oh and second reason for poor ticket sales is the price rant over

Got back off holliday today and guess what only one season ticket turned up . i went into ticket shop to pay for two in april , got a letter in may asking why i hadnt renewed, went in cus not sitting on a 0871 number for hours , a very clueless member of staff said not too worry staff error seat and ticket on way , but 7 days to go no ticket. you then realise why its a very poorly run outfit and thats 1 reason for poor ticket sales . IF I PAY I SHOULD GET MY TICKET ASP NOT HAVE TO RUN ROUND IN MY DINNER HOUR TO SORT IT OUT YOU CAN JUST SEE ALL THE PROBLEMS COMMING SATURDAY , oh and second reason for poor ticket sales is the price rant over

Not a great 'holliday' then?

I personally think he priced it right for League One football

dont agree with you on that one call it what you may but its 3rd division football

Playing arguable championship size clubs eg Wolves, Bristol City and Sheffield Utd which is 100 times better than playing teams like barnet therefore increasing the price is reasonable

Count ya sen lucky that you get a dinner hour. ;)

I went up today to get 3 Colchester tickets, 2 tickets (2 for 1 offer) for the Walsall game and a ticket for the Brentford game and it must have taken them 10 minutes just to serve me, and the Colchester tickets don't go on sale until tomorrow-why????

They have to faf around changing the colour of the tickets in the printer depending upon the game that they are for. I can imagine now that on matchday if people are going up to get for example their Brentford ticket and then a ticket for a midweek cup game it'll take them ages!! I'd do what I did and get up there before the day of the game if possible.

I went up today to get 3 Colchester tickets, 2 tickets (2 for 1 offer) for the Walsall game and a ticket for the Brentford game and it must have taken them 10 minutes just to serve me, and the Colchester tickets don't go on sale until tomorrow-why????

They have to faf around changing the colour of the tickets in the printer depending upon the game that they are for. I can imagine now that on matchday if people are going up to get for example their Brentford ticket and then a ticket for a midweek cup game it'll take them ages!! I'd do what I did and get up there before the day of the game if possible.

Why is it a problem changing colours,they should be able to just print another ticket off?

The header at the top of each ticket is preprinted, they're using black and gold tickets for league games and red and creme tickets for the cup game. Actually it may be a temporary thing as the cup tickets have the old badge and no sponsors, the league tickets the new badge and Sondico and GMB on them. Still it took them a while mucking about.

Archived