onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carl Dickinson

MattW

Dickinson is a great signing and will add some quality and tough tackling to the defence.

IMO if Micky is thinking of playing him at centre back then this should signal the end Doumbe.

So we will see what happens there.

Personally I think Dickinson will oly at left back and not centre half but we shall see.

I'd like to sign Doumbe now and I think we have a good squad ready for the season.

Advert

We got promoted last season with a fairly good attacking side. We have let go several poor players and replaced them now with cracking, experienced established Valiants. Got to be fantastic news for us all.

Smurf and Co have done what they promised....to keep us interested and excited about a new campaign.

Stadium is looking better and off-field developments concerning sponsors, food, attracting youngsters to our great Club, etc. etc must surely now be worthy of many more floaters coming to watch the rising new Vale.

Spread the word...we mean business and I am of the firm opinion now we are a force to reckon with.

A Packed Vale Park with ear deafening support will spur the lads on to better times. Get ye all down to the Colleseum of Football and enjoy the Valiants revival!! God it's great to feel so good about the Club again!:D;):upthevale::kiss:

Great signing. Getting players on board who are comfortably championship standard like Lines and Dicko can only be a good thing.

This is how I would be tempted to go...

Neal

Duffy

Robertson

Doumbe (if he signs)

Dickinson

JMW

Lines

Loft

Jones

Tomlin

Pope

or 3-5-2

Neal

Robertson

Doumbe

Dicko

JMW

Lines

Griff

Loft

Jones

Tomlin

Pope

I see Jones getting pushed on this season but I think a lot of that will depend on signing up Doumbe otherwise I think Dicko will play centre half.

Those selections are based on everyone being fit of course.

Mohammad will become an impact player and I think there are great options on the bench with Doddsy Hughes Williamson Yates Shuker and Birchall.

We can't become greedy but Doumbe for me would be the cherry on an already iced cake!

We got promoted last season with a fairly good attacking side. We have let go several poor players and replaced them now with cracking, experienced established Valiants. Got to be fantastic news for us all.

Smurf and Co have done what they promised....to keep us interested and excited about a new campaign.

Stadium is looking better and off-field developments concerning sponsors, food, attracting youngsters to our great Club, etc. etc must surely now be worthy of many more floaters coming to watch the rising new Vale.

Spread the word...we mean business and I am of the firm opinion now we are a force to reckon with.

A Packed Vale Park with ear deafening support will spur the lads on to better times. Get ye all down to the Colleseum of Football and enjoy the Valiants revival!! God it's great to feel so good about the Club again!:D;):upthevale::kiss:

Totally agree its very exciting times. Also lets not forget the development squad we have done some brilliant homework and smurf has funded the very best of young talent for the future would like to see mickey put a few of them in the shop window in the next twelve months. The best times are ahead of us in the next eighteen months. Smurf and mickey have done an unbelievable job with the first team both in signing players out of contract and new signings.the signings are excellent the Dickinson signing especially. And we have the best of young talent which I think we have flown under the radar we have assembled some serious quality here

Probbably the bests and most exciting times to support the vale in twenty odd years

Just need to build the commercial side now as this is the foundations to the team etc

We are in the best hands in smurf and mickey.

He always turned out at left back for Stoke.....never saw him play at centre half

Will always be in SCFC folklore for his promotion celebrations and there was a picture of him in The Sun ( spit ) arms aloft along with Stoke fans racing onto the pitch at the FT whistle v Leicester and him singing Delilah live on SSN at the end of the parade

PVFC have got quite a coup getting him as he is solid and hard who takes no prisoners and is a local lad although born in Burton

Totally agree its very exciting times. Also lets not forget the development squad we have done some brilliant homework and smurf has funded the very best of young talent for the future would like to see mickey put a few of them in the shop window in the next twelve months.
I hope to see some playing for the first team and staying there.

Said something similar post above mate

Mick, most of us know about him being a 100% no nonsense tough tackler who will run through a brick wall kind of thing.

But what's the lad like ability wise? Is he a good defender, heading of the ball? Is he quick? Can he build from the back and start the ball moving and not just lump it high to pope?...

Mick, most of us know about him being a 100% no nonsense tough tackler who will run through a brick wall kind of thing.

But what's the lad like ability wise? Is he a good defender, heading of the ball? Is he quick? Can he build from the back and start the ball moving and not just lump it high to pope?...

Hey up Steve

He likes to get forward and overlap but Pulis curtailed it........you won't hear ONE Stoke fan who has a bad word to say about him and there's a good thread on The Oatcake wishing him well for PVFC

27 and local.....a fantastic purchase

Edit......he's no centre half though mate

Archived