onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

the 400

panhead

Advert

The truth is times are tough and this government isn't helping I know several genuine blokes who have had their Incapacity Benefits stopped. This isn't because they have been deemed fit to work but because their contributions have run out whatever that means?

Folk like that will struggle to attend week to week never mind to find the £300 to get a season ticket.

I do agree with Robf the 400 should be contacted to find out the reasons for their decision not to renew their ST.

The situation is that those who become unfit for work after paying Ni contributions for years are only allowed to draw benefits for one year after which they are means tested for further benefits. This is the marvellous system introduced by the present government which has resulted in genuine hardship for many who may be too proud to admit that they can no longer afford a season ticket. The club are right to make enquiries of those who have not renewed but should do so sensitively.

See this is what I said a while back and got mauled by the pink specticle brigade. A lot of people (and 400 is a lot) said that they didnt think the price was competitive and they wouldnt renew. I spoke to loads of people who said it in the pubs. I think a lot people see OVF as the voice of the average fan but it really isn't

whenever i read your posts i always begin asking myself the same question .. "what is the opposite of rose tinted spectacles " ?

400 is an incredibly low number, especially since sales haven't stopped yet. Out of everyone I know who, or has ever been a Vale fan (which thinking about it is loads of people over a 25 year period) I can think of maybe two or three who have never given their season ticket up at some stage since first buying one. Moving abroad, studying abroad or miles away, dieing, too ill, starting to work on occasional Saturdays,having a young kid, wife threatening to get a divorce, teenage girls not actually that into football after years of denial from the father, redundancy and being banned are just the reasons I can think of from people I know off the top of my head.

400 is a tiny number from over 3,000 when you consider all the things that COULD stop you comitting to several hours of 20+ Saturdays and Tuesdays in a 9 month period.

How many have got married and now get told what to do on a saturday - How many times have we heard on here ..... " cant go the match this week - me or someone else is getting married" ( In Football season for Christ sake )

If when sitting down with the future intended what is wrong in being a June or July Bride - I say bride because lets face it any bloke would get spliced on a thursday at any time just to get it over with.

What sort of "alleged" mates - of either sex decide that it is OK get married in football season. Ok let them get married in football season but choose a Sunday or a Saturday morning for christ sake - why have it on Saturday afternoon and spoil the whole day.

Here's a good un Norm - Why not have Weddings at Vale park on Saturday mornings - meal and match thrown in with the price

Get a few curtains put up where the ladies can change out of their posh frocks and blokes can get changed into proper clothes .

Leave the wenches to get sloshed in the bars and the lads can go watch the footy. after the match have a good party up until about 10:30 - sit down relax and watch match of the day with a beer or two, Then get another couple of beers for the Football league so. A perfect day ...... Sorted .....

The truth is times are tough and this government isn't helping I know several genuine blokes who have had their Incapacity Benefits stopped. This isn't because they have been deemed fit to work but because their contributions have run out whatever that means?

Folk like that will struggle to attend week to week never mind to find the £300 to get a season ticket.

I do agree with Robf the 400 should be contacted to find out the reasons for their decision not to renew their ST.

I agree with the first bit but not the last paragraph. Maybe the issue is sensitive- some one has passed away, they simply can not afford or any other number of reasons that a person might not want to think about. For me contacting those not renewing is a little mercenary- I bet a large percentage wish they could renew

I agree with the first bit but not the last paragraph. Maybe the issue is sensitive- some one has passed away, they simply can not afford or any other number of reasons that a person might not want to think about. For me contacting those not renewing is a little mercenary- I bet a large percentage wish they could renew

When I didnt renew my ST 2 or 3 years ago, I dont think contact from Bratt or Oliver would have changed my mind.:D

How many of the 400 have not renewed because the new season ticket cards mean then won't be able to sell their tickets when they don't go for work or whatever other reason so it becomes less financially attractive to have one?

I made the same point Jean. I would there are more than a few of the 400 that this has affected.

I don't think the club should contact the 400 in an attempt to change their mind

However in my non-expert mind it woulf be potentially useful market resesrch to find out why and I am sure some marketing expert can analyse the numbers to exclude the unavoidable, cater for those who don't/can't reply etc in arriving at reasons that the club may be able to influence in future

But is 400 a much different figure to previous seasons for those not renewing..if it's not significantly different then it's the norm (pardon the unintentional pun)

Archived