onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

the 400

panhead

How many have got married and now get told what to do on a saturday - How many times have we heard on here ..... " cant go the match this week - me or someone else is getting married" ( In Football season for Christ sake )

If when sitting down with the future intended what is wrong in being a June or July Bride - I say bride because lets face it any bloke would get spliced on a thursday at any time just to get it over with.

What sort of "alleged" mates - of either sex decide that it is OK get married in football season. Ok let them get married in football season but choose a Sunday or a Saturday morning for christ sake - why have it on Saturday afternoon and spoil the whole day.

Here's a good un Norm - Why not have Weddings at Vale park on Saturday mornings - meal and match thrown in with the price

Get a few curtains put up where the ladies can change out of their posh frocks and blokes can get changed into proper clothes .

Leave the wenches to get sloshed in the bars and the lads can go watch the footy. after the match have a good party up until about 10:30 - sit down relax and watch match of the day with a beer or two, Then get another couple of beers for the Football league so. A perfect day ...... Sorted .....

That is probably the best post/suggestion I've ever read on here. Got a wedding at 3pm on the 14th Sept (and thats someone who at one time never missed a match home or away). I'm dreading what fi*ture we'll have on that day.

Advert

As well as harassing fans who haven't renewed, the club should also ask themselves if they've done enough to tempt people into buying those tickets. If we're all honest the closed-season has been a little bit of an anticlimax (so far), and the buzz generated towards the end of the season has fizzled away to nothing. Ticket prices were a little higher than we all expected, the installment deals were poor value, we still don't have the new club shop promised many moons ago, we still don't have the new kits, there are very vague details on the new online ticketing system, the much touted ticket bundles haven't materialised, some fans are still a little concerned and puzzled with the Wildes departure and most worryingly the communication has dried up.

As well as harassing fans who haven't renewed, the club should also ask themselves if they've done enough to tempt people into buying those tickets. If we're all honest the closed-season has been a little bit of an anticlimax (so far), and the buzz generated towards the end of the season has fizzled away to nothing. Ticket prices were a little higher than we all expected, the installment deals were poor value, we still don't have the new club shop promised many moons ago, we still don't have the new kits, there are very vague details on the new online ticketing system, the much touted ticket bundles haven't materialised, some fans are still a little concerned and puzzled with the Wildes departure and most worryingly the communication has dried up.

Pardon the grammer but in answer to your points -

ST prices wre about where I thought they would be. Smurf explained why the installment deal was how it was. Club shop hit problems and progress has been communicated. New Kit will be after the sponsors are announced next week, the sponsors wanted MA there for maximum publicity, which is good. Do we really need to know the ins an outf of the ticket system so far before the start of the season? touted ticket bundles were something discussed that some fans then thought were definately happening even though it has never been confirmed. Wildes has gone he put no money into the club and refused to when Smurf asked him to.

It's close season the buzz will build up the closer we get to the first match.

I hope the "bundled ticket" prices are not announced till a few days before that start of the season so that ST sales can be maximised
I think people may be expecting bigger discounts than will materialize, the main benefit will be for shift workers, and the use of an electronic ticket.

I hope the "bundled ticket" prices are not announced till a few days before that start of the season so that ST sales can be maximised

Somebody mentioned 5/10 game bundles at the last sc meeting. Norman basically said it would not be happening. I can see 2 adults for 40 quid deals or 2 games for 40 quid being the type of offers made.

Bluedevil,

You give all those reasons of what's happened since the season ended as being we're on a downer.

The simple fact is that I would expect all existing ST holders to renew because they bought STs even after the close season we had last year which makes this year's look like a barnstorming party in comparison.

Oh and of course we have got promoted and wont be playing the likes of Barnet and Accy anymore

Some people can find depression in winning the lottery !!!

Bluedevil,

You give all those reasons of what's happened since the season ended as being we're on a downer.

The simple fact is that I would expect all existing ST holders to renew because they bought STs even after the close season we had last year which makes this year's look like a barnstorming party in comparison.

Oh and of course we have got promoted and wont be playing the likes of Barnet and Accy anymore

Some people can find depression in winning the lottery !!!

Accept my humble apologies for having an opinion.

Cannot understand this negative feeling some of you have,Adams is on holiday but will be back next week and THEN we should see some new signings,Smurf is back after a break and putting things in place which won't happen over night and we just got promoted. Sit back and and stop worrying,

Cannot understand this negative feeling some of you have,Adams is on holiday but will be back next week and THEN we should see some new signings,Smurf is back after a break and putting things in place which won't happen over night and we just got promoted. Sit back and and stop worrying,

Ahmen to that - But you are trying to preach to manic depressives. You might as well tell 'em phone the samaritans. Some of them sound as if their world is crumbling around them just because the Smurf and Adams had the temerity to have a holiday in JUNE.

Archived