Advert

Advert

the 400

panhead

Advert

seems a lot or ppl not renewing, just wondering why?:yes:

A variety of reasons.

Work, emigrated, family reasons.

Lets also not forget that there is over 7 weeks until the season start. There is nothing saying they wont renew in time for the new season.

Not concerned at all.

Only 400 not renewing up to this point is very good going in my opinion. How many people die (plenty mentioned at half time against Northampton) or move away/go to Uni every season or simply can't afford? The price did go up. Net increases is the only thing that matters. Of the 400 who haven't renewed I can't see many never attending Vale again as a pay on the dayer, except of course those who are no longer with us. Our renewal figure (over 80%) must be amongst the best of any club in the country. Even at the top Premiership clubs the true renewal figures are distorted by people giving up their season tickets, but keeping them in their names so that friends don't have to join some ridiculously long waiting list. Most United season ticket holders I know don't actually have their ticket in their name.

seems a lot or ppl not renewing, just wondering why?:yes:

See this is what I said a while back and got mauled by the pink specticle brigade. A lot of people (and 400 is a lot) said that they didnt think the price was competitive and they wouldnt renew. I spoke to loads of people who said it in the pubs. I think a lot people see OVF as the voice of the average fan but it really isn't

i havent got a season ticket.. I will be attending almost every home game by paying on the day.. this is because I cant afford the lump sum up front. I go with about 5 people to home games and very single one of them havent bought a season ticket but will again go to the majority of home games.. IMO the club benfits by me not being able to stump up the £300 in may/june and paying on the gate...

See this is what I said a while back and got mauled by the pink specticle brigade. A lot of people (and 400 is a lot) said that they didnt think the price was competitive and they wouldnt renew. I spoke to loads of people who said it in the pubs. I think a lot people see OVF as the voice of the average fan but it really isn't

Yet Matt we have 1200 [so far ]new people who do not have an issue with the price.

Id say the average fan has spoken, a 25% uplift in sales so far, with a couple of months to go

I agree with Bobbymanc (again) that some of this may simply be a natural thing (people dying/moving away/losing their job and not having the money etc).

But I think it's a good idea for the club to be looking to find out more.

Just as it's important to get new people into the club it's also important to keep your existing fanbase and therefore the right approach is to ask "Why have these people not renewed?"

If the club don't ask, they won't find out why and thus potentially find a way to attract them back (presuming they are not dead, of course, it would be pretty difficult to get those lapsed fans to renew their season tickets!)...

400 not renewed ( so far).1200 new STs.I think your argument is slightly flawed.

Archived