onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Lincoln City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Another step on the long journey, After a set back, time to re-group and get back on track. Make sure we take our chances and maintain our unbeaten away form with Aspin. Kay is available after suspension, Turner due a start, and a chance of Regis on the bench? At least we are in a pack of 8 now instead of a pair, so a hard struggle but progress is steady.

Advert

Can't wait for this one, another new ground for me. I don't imagine Aspin will go with this exactly, Pugh will probably feature on the bench at least, but I reckon we should go with:

Boot

Gibbons

Smith

Anderson

Gunning

Kay

Worrall

Harness

Montano

Pope

Forrester

Hornby

Yates

Reeves

Turner

Tonge

Regis

I'd change quite a few for this one.

Boot/hornby.

Gibbons

Smith

Anderson

Gunning

Denton

Worrall

Kay

Regis

Pope

Turner

For me Pugh dosent even deserve a place on the bench, id go 532 and use gibbons and Denton as wing backs as Denton simply isn't a midfielder and dosent work there and I don't personally think we have wingers good enough to start. Kay back in for Pugh as he's better defensively, Regis and Worrall to support pope and turner. I don't know what the lad has to do to get a chance, he's scored goals and won a penalty and is a pain for the opposition. Forrester was very poor last night and although decent is similar to pope so I'd go with pope and turner and try running in behind their back 4.

I'd drop harness as although he tries and runs about im yet to actually see him create anything or look in the slightest way dangerous attacking wise, he certainly ain't a centre mid where he played last night.

Bench

Hornby/boot

Reeves

Forrester

Tongue

Pyke

Montano

Harness

turner. I don't know what the lad has to do to get a chance, he's scored goals and won a penalty and is a pain for the opposition.

Turner hasn't impressed recently I feel when hes come on, but I still think hes a better option than Pyke. Who did he win a penalty against?

Although this game is difficult I feel our relegation league competitors have harder games and we could make a lot of progress with a win. So all to play for. I was really upset by the first two goals last night both in the build up and defending in the box. Left side of the team switched off for the first, the second wasn't defended from the corner properly, but even worse the forward was allowed to bring the ball down and turn unchallenged in the preceding attack, third and fourth well taken, possibly arising from chasing the game. I also think Kay has to come back in and we need an attack that has more options than ball to target man, lay off wide, cross. We need to be able to get behind the defence and counter attack with more pace so the opposition can't get back in to shape. I think Regis is mobile, quite big, technically good and influential in the Newport game, so I'm keen to give him another run out and disappointed that didn't happen last night. Denton is not settling in to role in what should be an attacking position, so something needs to change there as well.

Boot

Gibbons Gunning Anderson Pugh

Kay Regis

Worrall Forrester Montano

Pope .

Out goes Smith Denton and Harness as no real strength about them,pugh to be put left back and try something different .

Think Kay and Regis would be a fab partnership ,Montano did well as he did when he entered the fray v Barnet .

Anderson or Smith to partner Gunning both were at fault for lack of leadership last night at 0-0 ,u make sure the back door stays closed all game while attacking but for hem score 4 well it speaks volumes about how poor they were.

Boot/hornby.

Gibbons

Smith

Anderson

Gunning

Denton

Worrall

Kay

Regis

Pope

Turner

For me Pugh dosent even deserve a place on the bench, id go 532 and use gibbons and Denton as wing backs as Denton simply isn't a midfielder and dosent work there and I don't personally think we have wingers good enough to start. Kay back in for Pugh as he's better defensively, Regis and Worrall to support pope and turner. I don't know what the lad has to do to get a chance, he's scored goals and won a penalty and is a pain for the opposition. Forrester was very poor last night and although decent is similar to pope so I'd go with pope and turner and try running in behind their back 4.

I'd drop harness as although he tries and runs about im yet to actually see him create anything or look in the slightest way dangerous attacking wise, he certainly ain't a centre mid where he played last night.

Bench

Hornby/boot

Reeves

Forrester

Tongue

Pyke

Montano

Harness

Gibbons has won our only pen. I don’t get this clamour for Turner. Yes he has scored a couple but to me he still looks weak and probably needs another loan move away.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Boot/hornby.

Gibbons

Smith

Anderson

Gunning

Denton

Worrall

Kay

Regis

Pope

Turner

Bench

Hornby/boot

Reeves

Forrester

Tongue

Pyke

Montano

Harness

An interesting team, but I wouldn't chop and change again in the keeper position - Boot should keep his place for now, barring a real dreadful display - but he wasn't to blame for the Mansfield debacle.

I'm really not sure if Regis just isn't ready to play for the first team yet. If Whitfield is ready to come back, have him, Worrall and perhaps pair Kay with Tonge.

Really not sure if Turner of Forrester should play up with Popey, maybe start with Turner and have Forrester as an impact sub.

An interesting team, but I wouldn't chop and change again in the keeper position - Boot should keep his place for now, barring a real dreadful display - but he wasn't to blame for the Mansfield debacle.

I'm really not sure if Regis just isn't ready to play for the first team yet. If Whitfield is ready to come back, have him, Worrall and perhaps pair Kay with Tonge.

Really not sure if Turner of Forrester should play up with Popey, maybe start with Turner and have Forrester as an impact sub.

I like the midfield with Regis. I might not change for Lincoln. Aspin has settled on 4 at the back.

Sitting in Lorne Street I got to see a lot of Denton and he may be ok at fullback but he needs to come out of the team as a midfield/ attacking player. He is delivering little and there was a massive left side of defence failure for the first goal last night. They switched off and left 15 yards of space, albeit it was a lucky cross hit in to the ground that bounced up favouring the attack. He was cuplible for that, as it is his space in front of Gunning.

Archived