onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

This side up

Va-LEE-ant

Started reading 'this side up yesterday'. Really enjoying it. Basically runs through the season game by game with after match quotes and a few fun facts after each. Great summer book i.e. Tread bait, have a beer, read a bit, light the BBQ, read a bit have a beer.....defo recommend. Also bought Robs book, starting that next

Advert

Good concept but sadly lacking quality colour images to justify the hefty £12.99 price tag.

Had the images been in colour, the price of the book would have been ludicrously expensive. It cost me the same as Rob's book when you add on the postage costs.

Last seasons exploits are crying out to be recorded in a full colour glossy pictoral review including some memorable images of fans from various key fixtures and celebrations. Limited edition gatefold copies complete with a season review DVD would do a bomb in the shop. Get it sorted Smurf.

Had the images been in colour, the price of the book would have been ludicrously expensive. It cost me the same as Rob's book when you add on the postage costs.

Very true. If I'd had included colour ones in my book then it would have been well over £20 to buy.

I wasn't actually aware the other book was coming out to be honest (I'm sure it's up to Phil Sherwin's usual high standards) so perhaps the best advice for fans is to get both. :yes:

For just over £20 (the cost of a colour one) you can buy both the promotion books ;)

And of course, if someone wants to produce a colour photography book then I'm sure that will be very popular too.

Just don't ask me, I'm very happy having my evenings and mornings back... ;)

Cheers Rob, we originally planned a full colour jobby but the costs were ridiculous. Cheaper if you print a few thousand, but that can come when we are in the Premier League! As you say, why not buy both!

Just finished reading it, and it's a fine book - lots of happy memories in there.

Just being a bit picky though - in the "did you know?" bit after the Torquay game on September 1st, it says "two hat tricks have only been scored once in a game at Vale Park - Dodds and J Richards v Morecambe in April 2011. Do I recall that in 93- 94, Slaven and Foyle both scored hat tricks in the 6 - 0 win against Barnet? And we did it with 10 men, having had Peter Billings sent off early on? It's a game that sticks out in my mind because I took my niece to her first match that day. Happy to be corrected if my memory is failing me - and I'm not going to argue with Phil Sherwin on Vale stats!

Just finished reading it too. Enjoyed reliving the season and it will be great to read again in 10 years time...good manager and player profiles at the end. Oh, and well done Fleetwood (you'll have to read the book). Looking forward to finding a good chippy in Heron Cross ;0)

Just finished reading it, and it's a fine book - lots of happy memories in there.

Just being a bit picky though - in the "did you know?" bit after the Torquay game on September 1st, it says "two hat tricks have only been scored once in a game at Vale Park - Dodds and J Richards v Morecambe in April 2011. Do I recall that in 93- 94, Slaven and Foyle both scored hat tricks in the 6 - 0 win against Barnet? And we did it with 10 men, having had Peter Billings sent off early on? It's a game that sticks out in my mind because I took my niece to her first match that day. Happy to be corrected if my memory is failing me - and I'm not going to argue with Phil Sherwin on Vale stats!

You are correct.

The crazy thing is, I'm not sure we saw any Vale hattricks at Vale Park in all the time between the Barnet 6-0 game and the Morecambe 7-2 game. Possibly we did, but not that I can remember. Always seemed to be away; Foyle at Orient, Naylor at Charlton, Sodje at Rotherham, and any others.

If anyone wants a collectable gift then I have every home programme (full set) of our promotion season available for sale. This includes the 23 league games and the cup games too. At £3 each they cost me over £70 to collect. Pm me with offers if interested.

I've got all the away ones as well but I'm not selling!

Archived