onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Starve 'Em Out Campaign - Why?

Utch

According to a player it wasn't on police advice but that of the club.

I heard a woman talk to Mellor yesterday and she said that some police inspector told her that the police hadn,t told the board to stay away yesterday.

The police bloke on who posted on here said it was the clubs decision, not the police.

Advert

whilst i understand lozza for buying one,(it's her choice)she and mark must understand though by being heavily involved in all things anti v2001 over the last few years and encouraging others to follow suit she has now left herself open to the critism she is now having

myself i would have kept quiet for a while

but guys lets look at the big picture the EGM is now the focas

I am afraid you seem beyond enlightenment, but I will humour you.

You had an interview which contained things that could have blown the lid on this board long ago. You did not see it through after the threat of legal action. You did not have the courage of conviction to see it through in the face of people sabre rattling. Afterall, IF your interview was true, how could you be sued? Every DECENT journo out there would be too scared to run stories if the could be sued for telling the truth.

Hence, you bottled it and yet crow on this thread about it as though you are the forefather of the protests - priceless!

They could have sued very easily & legal action was threatened more than once. You might have the money to see it through in court but I didn't & I also had to protect those involved other than myself.

It resulted in me losing my job thanks to the influence of certain people at the club. So even with the small bit that went public I lost quite a lot. I couldn't lose anymore if that's ok with you.

whilst i understand lozza for buying one,(it's her choice)she and mark must understand though by being heavily involved in all things anti v2001 over the last few years and encouraging others to follow suit she has now left herself open to the critism she is now having

myself i would have kept quiet for a while

but guys lets look at the big picture the EGM is now the focas

Would it not have looked even worse if I'd not said a thing & then somebody saw me with it. I apologize for being honest

Guest We're all Vale aren't we?
They could have sued very easily & legal action was threatened more than once. You might have the money to see it through in court but I didn't & I also had to protect those involved other than myself.

It resulted in me losing my job thanks to the influence of certain people at the club. So even with the small bit that went public I lost quite a lot. I couldn't lose anymore if that's ok with you.

All valid excuses, but still points to lack of bottle.

Are you suggesting that every decent investigative journo starting out needs to have a wad of money to protect themselves?

Rubbish, all they need is a nose for it and the nuts to run with it, that's how they get the break they need.

Would it not have looked even worse if I'd not said a thing & then somebody saw me with it. I apologize for being honest

Apologising for being an attention seeker would be more fitting.

All valid excuses, but still points to lack of bottle.

Are you suggesting that every decent investigative journo starting out needs to have a wad of money to protect themselves?

Rubbish, all they need is a nose for it and the nuts to run with it, that's how they get the break they need.

I'm not arguing. Why don't you put yourself in that situation & see how you handle it. I had the nose & the balls but I wasn't putting myself & others at risk.

I'm not arguing. Why don't you put yourself in that situation & see how you handle it. I had the nose & the balls but I wasn't putting myself & others at risk.

Clearly your last sentence negates itself?

Never mind, that's why some Journos go on to bigger and greater things and why some have to make do contributing to the local parish newsletter, if they are lucky.

Unfortunately in this country, it may well be true in most countries, but the law is on the side of the rich. Most people have to back off, look at the super-injunctions going on at present. So give the girl a break, she was brave to mention the ST, she could have left it for a few weeks, but I assume did not want to be a hypocrite.

For me there are only two alternatives:

1) You buy a season ticket. This supports the board, like it or not.

2) You do not buy a season ticket and you don't pay on the gate. This tells the board you want them out.

Not buying a season ticket and then paying on the gate would actually give V2001 more money, albeit over a longer period of time. I would not understand why anyone would choose this option.

I can't see how anybody who intends to attend games at Vale Park next season if the board are still in situs can claim to be behind getting rid of them. It's nonsense.

So as Lauren was doing the maths based on attending next season regardless, then she was clearly never as fully behind ridding the club of Bratt and co as she made out - which is why she is getting stick.

As such, getting the season ticket was a no brained.

People who get them who have not been banging on for years about how corrupt the board is will get no stick from me, but I can't stand bottlers who do not have the courage of conviction. Those that come on here saying one thing and do another.

Unfortunately this forum has more than it's fair share of excuse makers.

For me there are only two alternatives:

1) You buy a season ticket. This supports the board, like it or not.

2) You do not buy a season ticket and you don't pay on the gate. This tells the board you want them out.

Not buying a season ticket and then paying on the gate would actually give V2001 more money, albeit over a longer period of time. I would not understand why anyone would choose this option.

Idiotic comments, Im against the board but also love my football filled saturdays, Its hard to break a habit for something you love so passionately === im pro b & g, Pro v2001 but anti Starve em out so up yours!

Archived