onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Starve 'Em Out Campaign - Why?

Utch

I just can't for the life of me understand this campaign. I realise there is a lot of anger directed at the board and you want them out. I don't believe this is the way to do it though. People are still moaning about lack of funds for players, yet these same people are restricting the funds. You have blown a hole in the budget of Port Vale, no doubt about it, but it will be taken in to account. The playing budget, the maintenance budget, the running costs - they will all be cut.

If Vale are still lacking funds then there really is an easy way to rectify it. Any member of the board can buy more shares and strengthen their position. You could well be forcing the board in to that move.

You are putting the welfare of Port Vale employees at stake, you are damaging the capabilities of the squad and you are damaging the search for a manager. There is no gain forthcoming. All of this negativity can spiral the club towards to point of no return. If that doesn't happen, it will only be because the board have increased their shareholding and made it even more difficult to remove them - which is certainly not the aim of Starve 'Em Out.

People seem to think it's for the greater good. It really isn't. First and foremost you are Port Vale fans. Support your team, let Mo take care of the rest.

PS. Melv - Please don't reply to this.

Advert

I just can't for the life of me understand this campaign. I realise there is a lot of anger directed at the board and you want them out. I don't believe this is the way to do it though. People are still moaning about lack of funds for players, yet these same people are restricting the funds. You have blown a hole in the budget of Port Vale, no doubt about it, but it will be taken in to account. The playing budget, the maintenance budget, the running costs - they will all be cut.

If Vale are still lacking funds then there really is an easy way to rectify it. Any member of the board can buy more shares and strengthen their position. You could well be forcing the board in to that move.

You are putting the welfare of Port Vale employees at stake, you are damaging the capabilities of the squad and you are damaging the search for a manager. There is no gain forthcoming. All of this negativity can spiral the club towards to point of no return. If that doesn't happen, it will only be because the board have increased their shareholding and made it even more difficult to remove them - which is certainly not the aim of Starve 'Em Out.

People seem to think it's for the greater good. It really isn't. First and foremost you are Port Vale fans. Support your team, let Mo take care of the rest.

PS. Melv - Please don't reply to this.

What do you suggest then that will actually work?

The board won't speak to Mo though, Utch.

Bill Bratt lied to the fans and said that he had not received a bid.

The ball is in the board's court. If they want to safeguard employees' jobs, they can do so by selling the club.

As the board refuse to sell, it has been left to the loyal supporters to find a means of getting the board out.

As paying customers we are entitled to choose whether or not to renew season tickets. If you don't like it, tough luck. We will not be bossed around by the Jackson 5, we will do as we please!

Utch. Why should supporters renew season tickets if they don't want to do so?

It is my hope that many will come to regret signing it. There are a lot of fans out there that follow blindly the word of certain people. I'm sure they would have carried on supporting their team if this campaign hadn't been set up.

There are a lot of fans out there that follow blindly the word of certain people. .

Correct, their names are Bill Bratt MBE, Peter Jackson and Glenn Oliver.

Fortunately the tide has turned and people have started to realise that this board is killing our club.

What do you suggest then that will actually work?

The work of the NLV is the absolutely correct way to go about it and will return the result you want. In the meantime, Starve 'Em Out is helping no one.

The board won't speak to Mo though, Utch.

Bill Bratt lied to the fans and said that he had not received a bid.

The ball is in the board's court. If they want to safeguard employees' jobs, they can do so by selling the club.

As the board refuse to sell, it has been left to the loyal supporters to find a means of getting the board out.

As paying customers we are entitled to choose whether or not to renew season tickets. If you don't like it, tough!

They won't at the moment. They will be forced in to it though, but not through Starve 'Em Out.

The choice of what happens now is the boards they should put aside any personal feelings they have for mo and let him takeover so we can move forward on and off the pitch!!!

That is a common argument of those that like to say the board are doing all they can to kill the club. Starve 'Em Out is doing just as much. Both are stopping cash injections in to the club.

It is my hope that many will come to regret signing it. There are a lot of fans out there that follow blindly the word of certain people. I'm sure they would have carried on supporting their team if this campaign hadn't been set up.

I'll ask you again, what alternative do you suggest that will actually work?

PS just seen your reply

Correct, their names are Bill Bratt MBE, Peter Jackson and Glenn Oliver.

Fortunately the tide has turned and people have started to realise that this board is killing our club.

You are right. This very forum was right behind the three you mentioned, criticism of them would often reult in a tirade of abuse. Many were friends with the latter and would often meet socially with him.

That's all changed now though and the New Mesiah is in town, for the time being.

Archived