onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

burge to peterbrough?

Advert

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11764/8698808/Free-agent-Ryan-Burge-drops-hint-about-re-joining-Peterborough

States they offered 6 figures in January and we turned it down. Could this be why he went off the rails?

Possible, but always a difficult decision with players on short contracts, how are they likely to react? Some decline a move so that the avoided transfer can go on their pay at a later move. Others are upset at missing an opportunity. At least it shows we can resist offers, if there was such an offer.

Did you watch the same player as me last season?

Was one of our best players by a mile.

he had a good few games but I cant really remember him being a stand out player and winning us a match by a moment of class from him. He is a very replaceable player.

Seems a pity we missed out on a reasonable fee, if that is correct. Hindsight always a fine thing. I'm sure Micky and owners thought out all the permutations when Ryan had his "silly patch" and decided best to rid of him, rather than go through motions of him being offered contract. He would have had to agree that contract anyway wouldn't he before we would be able to command a fee for him? Although he didn't set the world on fire imo he will make a steady, decent performer in a good 2nd division Team.....panel is out on whether he would hack it at higher level. Still, water under the bridge, now, we move on and up.

I felt that Burge was a very capable player and I am very disappointed he hadn't got any common sense and gave us all a very public glimpse of what a disruptive influence he could be. Although none of us know the real details it doesn't take much guesswork to form an opinion on why he was released. Earlier in the season I really thought he could be a player who could grow with us to the Championship now we have owners who can resist having our best players leaving for peanuts but his footballing talent obviously isn't matched by his temperament, which, sadly, seems to be a growing problem amongst modern footballers. Good luck to him but unless he changes his attitude he'll never fulfil his potential.

Archived