onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

(Realistic) potential signings

Edge81

Advert

I agree PV1993, I don't think anyone can really say what standard Murphy was. He was a bad signing from the point of view that he was injury prone and barely played for 6 months thus taking up a wage(his previous record did hint at this too from what I remember) but to say he was bad ability wise as you say is wrong when we saw what 45 minutes of him in a Vale shirt?

He would undoubtedly make a waste of money/sicknote all time 11 though!

If he has played his last game for Cheltenham, lets hope his next is for the Vale.

Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Vastly over-rated. Cheltenham fans don't even rate him as their best midfielder.

There have been far worse. This is major over exaggeration. He barely ever played for us for a start

Only ever saw him play one half against Newcastle town. Not enough to judge maybe, but I've never seen anyone look so out of place and out of his depth as him during that match. It was as if they pulled someone out of the local pub and gave him a shirt.

you have to keep agents sweet in this day and age though to be fair.

Which was always the problem under the old guard. They refused deal with agents and in turn we always had scrape squads together. We need to deal with agents if we want get anywhere its a fact of life. Always found it embarrassing when it was in the papers bragging Port Vale don't deal with agents.

Only ever saw him play one half against Newcastle town. Not enough to judge maybe, but I've never seen anyone look so out of place and out of his depth as him during that match. It was as if they pulled someone out of the local pub and gave him a shirt.

Exactly where i was coming from. Then rochdale at home..on the pitch for 1o mins, didnt look interested, touch the ball...then decided he was injured and came off. Even MA said to him as he walked off 'whats up, theres nothing wrong with you?'. He never played again.

Archived