onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PFA League 2 Team of the Year 2013

Memphis

League Two Team of the Year: Stuart Nelson (Gillingham), Sean Clohessy (Southend), Adam Barrett (Gillingham), Ryan Cresswell (Southend), Joseph Martin (Gillingham), Jacques Maghoma (Burton), Marlon Pack (Cheltenham), Gary Jones (Bradford), Jennison Myrie-Williams (Port Vale), Tom Pope (Port Vale), Jamie Cureton (Exeter).

Not a Miller in sight !

Advert

3 of Gills defence in

Think we need to tighten up defensively next season cos we won't score 87 in League 1

If Yatesy had started playing as well at the start of the season as he did whwn he got in the team then he would have been in the League team aswell

Deserving of a new contract

Congratulations to them both. Thoroughly deserved.

Has Old Sage not responded yet? Hes probably hanging his head in disbelief somewhere over JMW being in there.

After all, its only 20+ goals and assists the lad has produced! :D

It's all about opinions isn't it?. I know JMW has pace and can hit the odd cracker (I don't count penalties) but he is probably the most frustrating player that I've seen since Edwards played for us and he also only had one leg! Jennison is worthy of his place but about 10 assists is no big deal after all it is supposed to be his job to provide crosses for the front men. What I find so frustrating is that he usually cuts inside when he should be crossing and vice versa. In truth if you count his cross percentages most of them never reached their target.

I know I'll get slated......... again but I would be looking for a winger who hits a better cross.

P.S. How many assists has little Shukes got? I think many may be surprised on that score. It's true that he can't run as if his 'bottom is on fire' but he hits a better delivery than JMW. Really thoughI don't know why I bother:shutup::banghead:

It's all about opinions isn't it?. I know JMW has pace and can hit the odd cracker (I don't count penalties) but he is probably the most frustrating player that I've seen since Edwards played for us and he also only had one leg! Jennison is worthy of his place but about 10 assists is no big deal after all it is supposed to be his job to provide crosses for the front men. What I find so frustrating is that he usually cuts inside when he should be crossing and vice versa. In truth if you count his cross percentages most of them never reached their target.

I know I'll get slated......... again but I would be looking for a winger who hits a better cross.

P.S. How many assists has little Shukes got? I think many may be surprised on that score. It's true that he can't run as if his 'bottom is on fire' but he hits a better delivery than JMW. Really thoughI don't know why I bother:shutup::banghead:

Of course JMW can be a little frustrating, but if he wasn`t would he be at a 4th division club? If we can improve him he can play a lot higher, that is the challenge for him and the club now.

Shiker has shown his class at times but his best days are long gone and perhaps the step up may be too much fior him now.

Of course JMW can be a little frustrating, but if he wasn`t would he be at a 4th division club? If we can improve him he can play a lot higher, that is the challenge for him and the club now.

Shiker has shown his class at times but his best days are long gone and perhaps the step up may be too much fior him now.

I can't argue with you on both comments but mentioned Shuker's contribution just to highlight the fact that JMW assist level isn't extraordinary. I fear that it will be difficult to train Jennison to use his right foot properly now. I sincerely hope that I'm proved wrong because I do agree a two footed JMW would be a superb player.

Whoever coached him in his formative years needs to hang his head in shame for stifling a great talent and shouldn't be allowed near a training ground ever again.

Contrary to popular opinion on here I do like Jenno but the sight of our front men holding their hands out in despair when he makes a bad judgment frustrates me no end. If I believed the lad couldn't do better I wouldn't say owt but I think that his obvious talent isn't being used to the full.

Gareth Bale: Crosses 243, Cross completion 23%. Looks like JMW is in good company, Owd!

If his goal ratio compared Jean I would never complain. Sorry to say it doesn't and before anyone points out the difference between L2 and the Prem I say agreed but it's all relevant isn't it?.

League Two Team of the Year: Stuart Nelson (Gillingham), Sean Clohessy (Southend), Adam Barrett (Gillingham), Ryan Cresswell (Southend), Joseph Martin (Gillingham), Jacques Maghoma (Burton), Marlon Pack (Cheltenham), Gary Jones (Bradford), Jennison Myrie-Williams (Port Vale), Tom Pope (Port Vale), Jamie Cureton (Exeter).

Not a Miller in sight !

I'm suprised that Legge (Gillingham) didn't make the team. Really strong and pacey defender who seemed to mop-up a lot of the mistakes made by Barrett.

:banghead:

OS, what i don't understand about your viewpoint is that you quote that Jenno does not provide enough crosses for our forwards. The fact that he drags 2 and 3 players with him means he has given space for our fullbacks to cross the ball into the box. How many times has he gone down the line towards the corner flag with 2 and 3 players around him and passed back to the full back who has had time and space to put balls into the box. I can see this, Micky Adams can see this, most of our fans can see this, the opposition players and managers can see this, strangely you cannot.:doh:

:banghead:

OS, what i don't understand about your viewpoint is that you quote that Jenno does not provide enough crosses for our forwards. The fact that he drags 2 and 3 players with him means he has given space for our fullbacks to cross the ball into the box. How many times has he gone down the line towards the corner flag with 2 and 3 players around him and passed back to the full back who has had time and space to put balls into the box. I can see this, Micky Adams can see this, most of our fans can see this, the opposition players and managers can see this, strangely you cannot.:doh:

Fair point that

Well done lads, Popey was obviously a shoe-in but really pleased for JMW. Since I first saw him play at Macc away when he was here on loan and right through this season I have thought he is a class above League 2.

As previous posters have said, anyone who thinks he's innefectual doesn't know a great deal about footy. The amount of times you hear people on the terraces moaning and abusing him beggers belief. He's made Yatesy a better player too this year and there won't be many league 1 full backs looking forward to meeting him.....

I like JMW. He was key in our game vs York which was the end of our dry spell and re-ignited our promotion form. He didn't have his best game vs Northampton but he looked very tired (as did most of the team) and had to do a lot of stretching in the last 10mins of the game so was clearly feeling something.

As other have said if he didn't have any problems with his game he wouldn't be with us. If we can can improve his weak points then he's going to terrorise in league 1 and beyond. I'm very pleased to see a pacey winger working the flanks at VP after a decade of square passing dross.

Totally deserving of his place in the League 2 team IMHO.

Archived