onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Officially PROMOTED!!!!

yorky valiant

I don't think some people understand the magnitude of this promotion. Cast your minds back to late July/August of 2012. We'd just been promised that Keith Ryder was going to perform miracles in charge of a team that had been in demise for the last 12 years. We'd been run under the supervision of a group of the worst businessman football had ever encountered, and finally we thought we'd got a person to believe in. We were wrong. We then faced the real possibility that Port Vale F.C was in danger of liquidation. 10 months later, today, the 27th April 2013, Port Vale F.C has been promoted to league 1...... Just a couple of moments for some vale fans to let that soak in. Incontrovertible, illogical and beyond the realms of normal footballing thought are just a few words I'd use to describe finishing 3rd this season after the saga of the last 2 years. I am one of 5000 incredibly proud people today, who knows what we and our beloved football club has gone through to get to today. We have two of the finest men, the most capable business minds and down right passionate football men in the game, running our team. We have Micky Adams, a man fuelled with the desire to achieve the unexpected, who returned from a club he told us he would find difficult to turn down when they came calling, tail between legs and bit in teeth, ready with unfinished buisness. We have Tom Pope, a self professed valeite, who has dreamt of this day for the procession of his life. And most importantly we have the most loyal, passionate and incredible fans in the football league. For what we have gone through to get to today we all deserve what is coming to us in the next 5-10 years, success and football in Burslem (which after the events of the last 2 years is more important than anything). So third in the league....disappointed??? I wouldn't bet my life on it. It's one of the greatest achievements in football history and definitely in this clubs 137 year history.

Advert

Hacked off with Sky's coverage. We barely got a mention last week because we weren't 'officially' promoted, yet this week were just an afterthought on goals express.

Weren't there to be interviews with Pope and Adams on sky this week? I've been looking out for them but it's been 24/7 Suarez

Hacked off with Sky's coverage. We barely got a mention last week because we weren't 'officially' promoted, yet this week were just an afterthought on goals express.

Weren't there to be interviews with Pope and Adams on sky this week? I've been looking out for them but it's been 24/7 Suarez

And there's the rub. Most media don't give a monkey's chuff about football outside the Prem, and anyone who thinks promotion to L1 will make a difference is going to be sorely disappointed.

And there's the rub. Most media don't give a monkey's chuff about football outside the Prem, and anyone who thinks promotion to L1 will make a difference is going to be sorely disappointed.

I've been looking for some mention on the bbc sport website, in vain. Rotherham got the mention before we did. Kinds takes some of the shine but heyho

Have limped over the finish line. He have won three of the four games against the teams above us so in my mind we should have finished at least 2nd and, had it not been for some dubious team selections, feel the title was there for the taking. I personally think next season will be a real struggle.

Limped over the finish line?? Christ almighty, is there any pleasing some of you?

In our last 8 games we have had to play 3 of the 4 play off teams, a resurgent Chesterfield team, an in form Rochdale and 2 clubs battling for survival.

We went 8 unbeaten! Only Rotherham, Bradford and Rochdale accumulated more points in the last 8 games than we did. Thats right, 20 other teams picked up less points than us in the last 8 games. If we were limping over the line i dread to think what the other 20 were doing!

Superb end to a great season.

...However judging by our performance today and in the last couple of months......we might be back down in league 2 without some serious strengthening of the midfield and defence

Right now I'm celebrating our promotion whilst, as is the case for all good businessmen and women, Paul, Smurf and MA will have already cleared the whiteboard to focus on retaining L1 status at the very least, or promotion to the Championship at best :yes:

Wow, what is dizzy season it's been :D

Limped over the finish line?? Christ almighty, is there any pleasing some of you?

In our last 8 games we have had to play 3 of the 4 play off teams, a resurgent Chesterfield team, an in form Rochdale and 2 clubs battling for survival.

We went 8 unbeaten! Only Rotherham, Bradford and Rochdale accumulated more points in the last 8 games than we did. Thats right, 20 other teams picked up less points than us in the last 8 games. If we were limping over the line i dread to think what the other 20 were doing!

'Onya Paul, your reply puts it all into perspective.

Some limping eh!? ;)

How many of us would have taken that at the start of the season? Now it just feels disappointing. My only misgiving is we drew our last 3 games.

We could have been league champs if we'd have won them.. Buts that's football, all about what ifs...

Yes, we have some that not only expect the moon but the stars as well.

It's a bit of a worry that should we have a reasonable but not outstanding season in L1 and finish somewhere between 9th and 16th (say), that will not be good enough for a small number of people.

I hope for new signings and a spirited challenge in L1, a flirt with the playoffs and if we find our way into them then great, but the priorities are to settle in the division, play well at home as this is where it matters most, and support the continued rebuilding of our great club.

Archived