onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Your thoughts at 85 minutes yesterday?

smithie

i was planning my immediate return home ,subsequent pulling of curtains across and hiding until next saturday !! then my favorite player of the last ten years scores a cracker YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS GET THE FFFFFFF IN :)
I think that he is everybodies favourite player just now mate!

Advert

Gareth Ainsworth was a great player for us and i m sure he will get a great reception on Saturday. However i wouldnt class him as a Vale legend. Purely on the basis that he just wasnt with us long enough. He was with us barely 12 months and we didn't achieve anything with him in the team.

TBH I had given up hope of scoring and for the first time ever went to the toilet during a game - I just had to 'get away from the torture and despondency' - I wept with frustration in the toilet - went back and a couple of minutes later it happened.

From then on I couldn't get my head round was a draw enough I knew how the others were going on but for the life of me couldn't add 3 to to 74 - then when I could - I couldn't remember how many points we had already got - then I couldn't believe how long it took for the Burton score to come through and then when the final whistle blew it was surreal I just couldn't get my head round we were promoted.

Then I went into Boslem and surfaced Sunday morning at Hamil Road oatcakes ..... !!

What's odd watching the replay is it was all so quick.

At the game it felt like an age for the ball to loop up and over the keeper. I never even saw Pope in the situation and yet he was celebrating almost as soon as Collins hit it.

Truly a moment of Devine intervention.

I'm sure my brother said "it's in" when it hit Collins foot, but as with others, it seemed to take an age and I couldn't really believe what I was seeing. Bizarre, amazing, bonkers, slow motion, promotion......happy cheeky :D

I took my missus and she kept saying "Do they always play this bad at home?"

As soon as the ball came in to the box from Birchall I was off down the steps of the Bycars-it was just like Bogie's deflected shot at Everton-in very slow motion you could tell it was going in.............

I really thought we had blown it big time but credit to Adams-he went 3-5-2 when Purse went off, the players dug in and like Chesterfield, Cheltenham and Rochdale we came from behind and got something.

I turned round to my mate and said 'looks like we're going have go Wycombe' and then when Birchall attempted to play the ball in the box I remember shouting 'who the *****'s that too?!' but then I had egg on my face as Lee Collins shanked the ball beautifully into his own net and I went mental! Beautiful

me too it was a crap ball in that no vale player was near but I was forgetting Lee Collins , always liked him and glad I applauded him earlier in the match.

• 3 months later...

All abit of a blur to me... I was at the far end of the paddock and saw Collins slide but was sure it was going over/wide.. been going since 96 and haven't felt anything like it... Will always be grateful to the likes of Boom, Purse and the other guys no longer here who got us over the line...

Did we really endure all those panicky games at the end?

Seems unreal now, but oh what a sense of relief we pulled it off.

Now look....great new players in, facilities ever improving, sponsorships rolling in, good feeling factor rising each day and Sir Smurf and Sir Mick progressing our Great Club to its former glory, and beyond!

Wonder what the last game of this season holds for us?.................

Archived