onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Where do they get them from?

old sage

Advert

It doesn't appear to matter if the come in red ,green. yellow or black the refs which we have been served up this season has slipped to an all time low. Last week we had a bloke who couldn't have been topped but boy today's official took the biscuit.

He started not to bad giving a series of fouls for a selection of cynical fouls on The Pope but when he should have been getting his cards out he stopped giving us fouls though Tom especially was man handled every time he went near the ball. He managed to book Hughesy for deliberate handball intent though he never touched the ball. Yet earlier he missed a plethora of handling offences with at least two deliberate ones in the penalty area.

To cap it all he ignored yet another terrible foul on Popey which allowed Northampton to burst through and score their second goal.

I wonder if he is at home now thinking he had a good game. Well I'll say it now, ref you had a shocker. You missed so much and allowed Nothampton's bully boy tactics to prevail. If that is the best you can do then call it a day because you came very close to costing us very, very dearly.

Whinging about something again? Wow!

Hughes did handle the ball.

Whinging about something again? Wow!

Hughes did handle the ball.

So you were happy when he failed to give a penalty when two of their players handled in the area. If so you must have been ecstatic when he allowed Pope to get barged into and they ran on to score?. Yukon you aren't for real if you were happy.

Even with the so called top officials in the Premier League, over half the games are decided by random failure of match officials, rather than the football played by the teams involved. Is it a penalty for handball? Toss a coin. Is a tackle a sending off? Toss a coin. As for offsides, the liner at Rochdale took the prize.

Even with the so called top officials in the Premier League, over half the games are decided by random failure of match officials, rather than the football played by the teams involved. Is it a penalty for handball? Toss a coin. Is a tackle a sending off? Toss a coin. As for offsides, the liner at Rochdale took the prize.

Agreed, liner at Rochdale was spectacular..my mum could've done better (she's 87 & doesn't 'understand the offside rule').

as for other posts, I think the ref yesterday was poor, missed the serious foul on the Pontiff that led to their 2nd (& he was pretty close as I remember), however, I'm struggling to remember a 'good ' ref (there were a couple but I can't think which games) this season. I know it must be a hard job but please can't some kind of consistent approach to persistent fouling be adopted? Most of the games we've lost have been where we've been mugged. Let's hope League 1 refs are better & that opposition are a bit more interested in playing the ball than the man. We're up, despite pretty average performances in the last 3 games, it's brilliant, I'm so happy (apart from losing sleep because Depeche Mode are looping constantly in my head!). Can't wait for next week's visit to see 'Galloping Gareth' (for probably the last time - unless we draw them in a cup I guess) and the inevitable party that the day will be. Come on Vale..I just can't get enough...

This seasons linesmen have been terrible. How many times have we seen incidents where they simply refuse to make a decision because they either don't know, didn't see the incident, or don't want to rule against the ref. How many times have linemen failed to keep up with play yet still make decisions on offsides that are clearly wrong. Linesmen are too busy watching along the line for offsides that they aren't watching the game or making any other decisions, often right under their noses. Another annoying rule they fail to uphold is when opposition goalkeepers carry the ball beyond the edge of the area before kicking the ball, which is clearly a handball offence. I know that momentum must be taken into account but some keepers are taking at least one whole step outside the area before releasing to kick.

Overall the officials have been very poor all season.

Im finding myself getting more and more annoyed with the officials in this division, I always try to give them a chance its a difficult job and not one id like to do but its every week!!

You are right it's not a nice job, and anyone can make mistakes, but they are consistently poor and some of the incidents they fail to punish are so blatant is hard to accept favouritism isn't on display. The incident where Mr PFA smashed Shuker in the face was clearly seen by the ref from an unobstructed distance of around 12yards yet he amazingly chose to do nothing. I'd like to sit with that ref and watch some footage of that match and ask him to justify some of the decisions he made (or didn't make).

You are right it's not a nice job, and anyone can make mistakes, but they are consistently poor and some of the incidents they fail to punish are so blatant is hard to accept favouritism isn't on display. The incident where Mr PFA smashed Shuker in the face was clearly seen by the ref from an unobstructed distance of around 12yards yet he amazingly chose to do nothing. I'd like to sit with that ref and watch some footage of that match and ask him to justify some of the decisions he made (or didn't make).

The incident you talk about regarding Shuker was disgraceful, Carlisle should be ashamed of himself.

It doesn't appear to matter if the come in red ,green. yellow or black the refs which we have been served up this season has slipped to an all time low. Last week we had a bloke who couldn't have been topped but boy today's official took the biscuit.

He started not to bad giving a series of fouls for a selection of cynical fouls on The Pope but when he should have been getting his cards out he stopped giving us fouls though Tom especially was man handled every time he went near the ball. He managed to book Hughesy for deliberate handball intent though he never touched the ball. Yet earlier he missed a plethora of handling offences with at least two deliberate ones in the penalty area.

To cap it all he ignored yet another terrible foul on Popey which allowed Northampton to burst through and score their second goal.

I wonder if he is at home now thinking he had a good game. Well I'll say it now, ref you had a shocker. You missed so much and allowed Nothampton's bully boy tactics to prevail. If that is the best you can do then call it a day because you came very close to costing us very, very dearly.

Well in League 1 teams won't respect us enough to resort to awful bully boy tactics meaning we won't be so relaint on the ref. We may actually find 2 teams trying to play football and the best will win. An unusual concept!

He reffed it ok. Celebrating tonight. But we were very lucky today

I agree we might have been a bit lucky but you make your own luck and the lads made their own today by simply refusing to give up. Much of the credit for that never say die quality must go to Mickey. It will stand us in good stead for L1!

Archived