onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Where do they get them from?

old sage

It doesn't appear to matter if the come in red ,green. yellow or black the refs which we have been served up this season has slipped to an all time low. Last week we had a bloke who couldn't have been topped but boy today's official took the biscuit.

He started not to bad giving a series of fouls for a selection of cynical fouls on The Pope but when he should have been getting his cards out he stopped giving us fouls though Tom especially was man handled every time he went near the ball. He managed to book Hughesy for deliberate handball intent though he never touched the ball. Yet earlier he missed a plethora of handling offences with at least two deliberate ones in the penalty area.

To cap it all he ignored yet another terrible foul on Popey which allowed Northampton to burst through and score their second goal.

I wonder if he is at home now thinking he had a good game. Well I'll say it now, ref you had a shocker. You missed so much and allowed Nothampton's bully boy tactics to prevail. If that is the best you can do then call it a day because you came very close to costing us very, very dearly.

Advert

It doesn't appear to matter if the come in red ,green. yellow or black the refs which we have been served up this season has slipped to an all time low. Last week we had a bloke who couldn't have been topped but boy today's official took the biscuit.

He started not to bad giving a series of fouls for a selection of cynical fouls on The Pope but when he should have been getting his cards out he stopped giving us fouls though Tom especially was man handled every time he went near the ball. He managed to book Hughesy for deliberate handball intent though he never touched the ball. Yet earlier he missed a plethora of handling offences with at least two deliberate ones in the penalty area.

To cap it all he ignored yet another terrible foul on Popey which allowed Northampton to burst through and score their second goal.

I wonder if he is at home now thinking he had a good game. Well I'll say it now, ref you had a shocker. You missed so much and allowed Nothampton's bully boy tactics to prevail. If that is the best you can do then call it a day because you came very close to costing us very, very dearly.

Thought you were talking about the stewards who let the ********s spoil the

celebrations for the majority by having no control at the end of the game.

Thought you were talking about the stewards who let the ********s spoil the

celebrations for the majority by having no control at the end of the game.

I was disappointed with them as well. They'd had their pitch invasion but wouldn't let the rest of us see the players come round - they just had to run on again and spoil it. A shame but in the end, a small gripe at the end of a nerve shredding but ultimately successful day.

I thought today's referee was excellent. Tom Pope gets manhandled every game by centre halves abd usually the refs dont give a toss but todays actually gave Popey most of them. The odd time he got things wrong mostly came with help through his poor assistants. Today's ref was one of the best at Vale Park this season and anyone who has a clue about football would agree with that i think.

I was disappointed with them as well. They'd had their pitch invasion but wouldn't let the rest of us see the players come round - they just had to run on again and spoil it. A shame but in the end, a small gripe at the end of a nerve shredding but ultimately successful day.

My mrs had to go to the first aid place post match. 2 Stewards were in there having been sprayed with pepper spray by the police!

I thought today's referee was excellent. Tom Pope gets manhandled every game by centre halves abd usually the refs dont give a toss but todays actually gave Popey most of them. The odd time he got things wrong mostly came with help through his poor assistants. Today's ref was one of the best at Vale Park this season and anyone who has a clue about football would agree with that i think.

I think you are talking crap that is all.

He missed blatant handball in the first half and a nasty foul in the build up to their second goal. So I clearly know nowt about football.

He missed blatant handball in the first half and a nasty foul in the build up to their second goal. So I clearly know nowt about football.

He let the game flow, gave it every chance, appreciated the magnitude of the match and managed the match very well i thought. I cant say i saw either decision althought being 5 foot and a fag end and the people in front of me standing up every 5 seconds may have played a part in that. Anyway- from what i saw i thought he reffed it well, particularly compared to some of the numpties we;ve had this season.

Correct!!! Had we won 7-0 nobody would of mentioned this. We were lucky to get a point today.

It is surprising that all refs are against the Vale. What does that tell us about the way the Vale play, argue and the way the crowd react to decisions. Different refs have different styles and the one today clearly did not want to issue yellow cards at this stage of the season. They have little effect any way. I feel today's ref tried to referee fairly in spite of the pressure he was put under by the crowd. Was there any one in the Hamil End who thought Hughes did not handle the ball before he was booked?

Archived