onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mick Philpott

For Us All

Advert

I think the kids have to be brought up with the support of public funds. They are not at fault and although they should not be given a luxurious lifestyle they should be given the means to reach adulthood in good health and with a reasonable education and prospects.

But there is an issue to deal with in the sense that Philpott was likely to be producing more teenagers and then adults with significant behavioural and educational deficits. That issue would point towards more use of care, but public services could not cope with that approach and care outcomes have in any event also been very poor through poor surrogate parenting.

A good cell mate for a few months would be Chris Huhne!

Nobody is blaming the kids Warren,I've got kids myself but what I'm against is subsidising the lifestyles of scum like Philpott who played the system to the maximum and only had 17 kids for one reason and for one reason alone.Take away the incentive and this wouldn't have happened.

Nobody is blaming the kids Warren,I've got kids myself but what I'm against is subsidising the lifestyles of scum like Philpott who played the system to the maximum and only had 17 kids for one reason and for one reason alone.Take away the incentive and this wouldn't have happened.

Yes, you pose the ultimate question in the social security system, which is to deal with him and others like him the stand has to be made. The issue has been brought in to the spotlight by his volume here, but at less observed but far more prevalent level, there are masses of young women deliberately having babies and becoming lone parents or parents within relationships that won't last, all characterised by not having the means to bring these kids up. I call these Barbie Doll pregnancies.

“The suggestion or implication that the welfare system is encouraging poorer families to have more children is not borne out by the evidence.”

"The vast majority of claimants have just one or two children."

Source: http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/factcheck-the-truth-about-the-child-benefits-cap/11739

BenefitClaims2510.jpg

No disputing that but taking away the incentive to have 17 kids might help.

It might indeed but if they happen, we have to look after them

There are very few families of a large size on benefits...this is a far from typical case so should not be used to tar the typical

The Judge has to work to sentencing guidelines as she said there was no precedent set,you cannot have a Judge dishing any old sentence out just to please the masses.

Totally agree...in a cas esuch as this the guidelines should allow a full life sentence..it was manslaughter but if there is such a thing a far worse manslaughter than others

It might indeed but if they happen, we have to look after them

There are very few families of a large size on benefits...this is a far from typical case so should not be used to tar the typical

There are only 180 families with 10 or more kids on benefits and 40,000 families with 5 or more kids on benefits.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/368020/150m-scandal-of-benefit-families-with-5-or-more-children

So much rubbish on this thread. Lets look at the facts:

- He wasn't getting £55k in benefits. He wasn't getting any benefits.

- The two families in that house weren't benefit-scroungers; the two women were working. They received working tax credits, as does anyone in low-paid work.

- His wife and girlfriend were paid child benefit, as is anyone with children unless they're rich.

- Their rent was topped up with housing benefit, which they never saw a penny of because it's paid directly to their landlord (which I believe the Tories are changing to hand the money to the claimant).

- Mick Philpott was extorting money from his wife and girlfriend. The fact that some of their money came from benefits does not matter.

- He didn't have 17 children for the child benefit, he had 17 children because he was a serial abuser of women and liked to control them by keeping them pregnant.

So this isn't actually a story about a benefit cheat. He was a wife beater, attempted murderer, and probable tax evader, but anyone who uses this case as evidence that the welfare state is ****ed is delluded.

The Judge has to work to sentencing guidelines as she said there was no precedent set,you cannot have a Judge dishing any old sentence out just to please the masses.

Perhaps the sentence should protect the masses rather than please them ? This man had already been in jail for attempted murder so surely that should have been taken into account.

Archived