onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

1,500 not renewing STs

andy jones

You would take admin tomorrow? Madness, I could see us going down next season if that happened. Boardroom struggle, ten points deducted etc. I got my season ticket and my sons yesterday I for one wont back the Starve them out Campaign, happy to support other ways but not this.

I will not citicise anyone for buying a season ticket. It is entirely the choice of the individual and I fully understand why some people do so. I commend your optimism!

Advert

It's going to be highly embarrassing for the board when they are forced to extend the deadline.

How will they put the news across to fans, though?

My money is on this:

"To celebrayte another successful seeson, we will be extending the perid in which seasons tickets can be purchased cheep."

But I wouldn't rule out the more creative:

"Stop Press! Stop Press! Stop Press! Stop Press! Stop Press!

Bil Bratt remrtgaged his house to save the Vale, and wrked for free for a few years. Also the club is movving forward on and off the pitch, so bye a season tiket you morons!"

:razz:

Making a half-hearted 'pledge' on the internet is one thing, come August I can assure you over 75% of the people who have signed up will have bought season tickets.

How can you "assure" me of that? Maybe a comment off you re NFFC I might believe, but you are supposed to know very little about the Vale arn't you? For myself, my pride would not let me get a ST or pay on the gate now. I suspect many others will feel the same but I would never be so arrogant as to think that I know what other people are thinking. Stick to posting about NFFC hooligans eh!!

really really want to renew my season ticket but why?

no manager at the moment and who are we going to end up with how many stupid clauses will the board let him put in his contract this time?

we need investment asap

i love port vale i have been going since i was 7 with my dad all my kids go .it hurts so much not to go but something as got to change.

Hang in there,dont get them(it hurts all of us not to do so) and i assure you that things will then change.

My guess is they will gamble. They will loan the club money to cover the ST shortfall and hope to recoup the money at the end of the season.

They will be hoping that the majority that don't get ST's still attend and pay on the gate. This will cause cashflow problems, but over the long run would generate more revenue for the club. However, the regular attendance of those that don't have ST's will depend heavily on performances and league position. This is where V2001 may come unstuck, as without investment into the 1st team players and staff, I believe we will struggle.

I am over 50 years of age and have been attending VP for over 40 years. I have had a season ticket for about 25 years and also spent about 5 seasons in a box spending money i couldnt really afford.But next Saturday could be my last visit for some time as i refuse to buy a season ticket under the current lying regime and the thought of spending £19.50 on a regular basis to watch this bunch of under achievers does not appeal. So please step aside Mr Bratt and your merry men and let MC and MS have a go at restoring some pride in the club and giving us supporters some hope for the future.

I am over 50 years of age and have been attending VP for over 40 years. I have had a season ticket for about 25 years and also spent about 5 seasons in a box spending money i couldnt really afford.But next Saturday could be my last visit for some time as i refuse to buy a season ticket under the current lying regime and the thought of spending £19.50 on a regular basis to watch this bunch of under achievers does not appeal. So please step aside Mr Bratt and your merry men and let MC and MS have a go at restoring some pride in the club and giving us supporters some hope for the future.

And its this type of person that we dont see very often on here.

How many more are there?

When i travel home there seem to be many, many disgruntled supporters.

V2001 Scum.

My guess is they will gamble. They will loan the club money to cover the ST shortfall and hope to recoup the money at the end of the season.

They will be hoping that the majority that don't get ST's still attend and pay on the gate. This will cause cashflow problems, but over the long run would generate more revenue for the club. However, the regular attendance of those that don't have ST's will depend heavily on performances and league position. This is where V2001 may come unstuck, as without investment into the 1st team players and staff, I believe we will struggle.

£19.50? You're having a laugh===

Youve got nothing be sorry about m8 no one should be beaten with a stick you love the Vale youve brought ya tickets,we are all Vale its just we want change before the majority will commit,they should do it in the best interests of Port Vale if Mo.s a conman which i believe he is not then do ya think he would get out Stoke On Trent alive if all he really wants the Vale to strip the club of its assets.

SELL THE CLUB END OF!

:clap::clap: And I,m sure Mr Simms will keep tabs on things...

=== Why not have a mass boycott of the refreshments and programmes for the last home match.

Most of my friends don't, but there are still many B&G supporters who still buy their overpriced beer, refreshments and programmes. I can never understand why anyone would want to pay those prices for pop, pies and crisps, when they can get them from one of the shops up the road far cheaper. The profit margin on the food etc. must be massive.

One of the programme sellers told me that they have greatly reduced the print order on programmes since the campaign started.

I for one will not buy anything from the club until this lot are out. ===

Bought mine and my lads 2 weeks ago...I want the board out but feel the risk of admin and a points deduction has swung my view...I agree that something needs to be done and i wholeheartedly support the Black and Gold till its sold.

Sorry...

I think the problem we have is that admininstration will come sooner or later, regardless of whether people buy season tickets or not.

This is the reason I support the Starve 'em Out campaign. None of us want administration, but we know that, if we do not get this board shifted, it is a certainty to happen.

Buying season tickets is delaying the inevitable and I feel the money will be used to fortify V2001's position in the boardroom rather than being used for the benefit of the club.

I would also like people to consider the quality of the team since V2001 took over.

Compare the team we had under Brian Horton when we were pushing for L1 promotion against the team we have today.

Horton's team would destroy the current team and yet Vale fans were very unhappy at the time with Horton (myself included).

We've sold all our best players or allowed them to leave after their contracts ended because we couldn't afford their contracts. Why is this when we must be one of the best supported teams in the lower two divisions?

You would take admin tomorrow? Madness, I could see us going down next season if that happened. Boardroom struggle, ten points deducted etc. I got my season ticket and my sons yesterday I for one wont back the Starve them out Campaign, happy to support other ways but not this.

Are you a shareholder if not why not how else do you think we can get these out.Its either by voting them out or by hurting them where it hurts most in the pocket.I dont want to do damage to the club that i love but if that what it takes to get these board members out then so be it.Like i have said before 56 years i have been going it will hurt not to attend home matches but i could not live with myself if i just stood back and did nothing.All i need is a justifiable reason off this board why we are stopping investment they never give one to the satisfaction of us the supporters.So once more i say to the board come clean tell us why it is you do not want investment off a vale fan tell us now before you lose the club that we as fans deep down love.

Archived