onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

1,500 not renewing STs

andy jones

Banbell,

The only reason that could get 75% of those to sgn up is V2001 gone.

You also have not allowed for a further 50% (at least) of fans who are not IT literate who have had enough and aren't going anymore.

Open your eyes and ears Banbell - listen to the people on Radio Stoke, read the comments on here and in the Sentinel - those people are people who have been going the club for decades not just seasons - and even they, like me, have had enough - NO MORE.

I can assure you that IMHO you are WRONG.

We wont have to wait until August - come back on here in 7 days time and tell me how many ST sales have been made.

I assure you the offer will be extended !!

Advert

Have you heard how ST Sales are going?

I hear sales are well above the levels for april last year.... ;)

Lets see. I think if you are right and admin happens, it will be because of SEO, not because admin was on the cards anyway (at least not this year). But my gut feel is the club will muddle through one way or another.

really really want to renew my season ticket but why?

no manager at the moment and who are we going to end up with how many stupid clauses will the board let him put in his contract this time?

we need investment asap

i love port vale i have been going since i was 7 with my dad all my kids go .it hurts so much not to go but something as got to change.

I'm not renewing my season ticket, neither is my eldest step-lad nor my daughter and yes, I have signed the pledge. My wife can't quite believe that i'm not renewing my ST. I've explained the reasons why and she basically understands my reasoning (she's not a football fan as such) but she knows that missing the Vale will bug me, especially as I couldn't attend the Vale between 98-06 due to various reasons. When I started going back I swore i'd never miss a home game again as i'd missed it so much.

That was then, this is now. I am livid with the current board, the lies that they spout, the quite frankly, disgusting way that they treated Mike Newton, Mo Chaudry and now, lifelong Vale fan Mark Sims, appointing Jim Gannon and i'm convinced that they are trying to hide something rather dodgy in the books. Yes, V2001 saved us in the beginning but now they are on the verge of killing the club, they should have gone years ago but no, they want to cling on to power, but for how long? If they refuse to budge then i'm afraid our future will look somewhat similar to Stockports, destined for non league obscurity. Instead they should do the right thing and let Mo & Mark come in, they have talked the talk so lets give them a chance and see if they can walk the walk, hell we're already on a downward spiral (financially) so what have we got to lose?

If Bratt & Co are still here next season then i'm afraid it'll be mostly away games for me. I, for one think that SEO is the way to go with trying to get this lot out,but I will say that B&G have done a good job and NLV did a sterling effort with the EGM. I just hope though that those that do stay away from VP never forget it, the years that I was away I almost did. After a few months I stopped listening to the radio and only looked out for the results and league table on a monday morning. Personally I never want that to happen again but V2001 is driving fans like me away. Motorsport is one of my other loves and i've started going back to watch banger/stock car racing again after quite a few years absence. I even left early yesterday (well when Stockport scored thier 2nd)so I could get to Loomer Road in time for the 2nd race. Since October i've been to Coventry, Belle Vue, Buxton & Loomer Road and it's between £12-£15 get in so it's far better value than it is at Vale.

If any of the board/club reps read this please do what's right. Port Vale is my 1st love, always has been, always will be,so for the sake of the current and the next generation of Vale fans get the investment in and go. By staying you are driving supporters like me away from the club they love, don't give people a reason to stay away and pursue other interests/hobbies at the weekend, give them hope, that is all we are asking for.

VIM

I know how desperately the club has been chasing income and loans to raise finance to keep the wolf from the door.

Without looking at the Accounts document I think our annual outgoings on top of the debt are minimum circ £2.5 million p.a. circ £200,000 per month. add to this the debt repayments and a figure of circ £225,000 per month.

I also know that Peter Jackson publicly stated towards the end of last year that this season we were heading to make a profit. a statement backed up by Stan Meigh in a private conversation that the club was making a profit.

Since Adams has left it is my understanding there was a desire within the Boardroom to spend his compensation on new players overuled by Jackson who used it to stave off the wolf.

Subsequently Bratt has commented that we are looking to break even this season.

What this indicates is that as the season has progressed we have gradually gone downhill financially where season targets are concerned.

But our repayable debt has not gone down, and with the end of the council loan holiday is now set to increase at a time when there is no match revenue.

So, for the next 4 months we need a million quid income absolute minimum.

People considerably more knowledgeable than me who work in professional football tell me that at this time of the season your ST sales followed by new shirt launch are used to 'get you through the summer'

Have you heard how ST Sales are going?

Well, that seems to coincide with the other thread talking about the board seeking another £1 million loan from the council :ohmy:======

I'm not renewing my season ticket, neither is my eldest step-lad nor my daughter and yes, I have signed the pledge. My wife can't quite believe that i'm not renewing my ST. I've explained the reasons why and she basically understands my reasoning (she's not a football fan as such) but she knows that missing the Vale will bug me, especially as I couldn't attend the Vale between 98-06 due to various reasons. When I started going back I swore i'd never miss a home game again as i'd missed it so much.

That was then, this is now. I am livid with the current board, the lies that they spout, the quite frankly, disgusting way that they treated Mike Newton, Mo Chaudry and now, lifelong Vale fan Mark Sims, appointing Jim Gannon and i'm convinced that they are trying to hide something rather dodgy in the books. Yes, V2001 saved us in the beginning but now they are on the verge of killing the club, they should have gone years ago but no, they want to cling on to power, but for how long? If they refuse to budge then i'm afraid our future will look somewhat similar to Stockports, destined for non league obscurity. Instead they should do the right thing and let Mo & Mark come in, they have talked the talk so lets give them a chance and see if they can walk the walk, hell we're already on a downward spiral (financially) so what have we got to lose?

If Bratt & Co are still here next season then i'm afraid it'll be mostly away games for me. I, for one think that SEO is the way to go with trying to get this lot out,but I will say that B&G have done a good job and NLV did a sterling effort with the EGM. I just hope though that those that do stay away from VP never forget it, the years that I was away I almost did. After a few months I stopped listening to the radio and only looked out for the results and league table on a monday morning. Personally I never want that to happen again but V2001 is driving fans like me away. Motorsport is one of my other loves and i've started going back to watch banger/stock car racing again after quite a few years absence. I even left early yesterday (well when Stockport scored thier 2nd)so I could get to Loomer Road in time for the 2nd race. Since October i've been to Coventry, Belle Vue, Buxton & Loomer Road and it's between £12-£15 get in so it's far better value than it is at Vale.

If any of the board/club reps read this please do what's right. Port Vale is my 1st love, always has been, always will be,so for the sake of the current and the next generation of Vale fans get the investment in and go. By staying you are driving supporters like me away from the club they love, don't give people a reason to stay away and pursue other interests/hobbies at the weekend, give them hope, that is all we are asking for.

I'll be doing the same. I'm determined to at least match this season's away travel record ...

Bury, Bradford, Macclesfield, Hereford, Burton, Stockport, Gillingham, Rotherham, Burnley, Crewe, Shrewbury, Accrington, Chesterfield, Torquay.

It's going to kill me, but if i attend the home matches net season, my feelings are that i would in turn then be helping V2001 slowly kill PVFC. I want them out and the cost is me missing home matches for the first time since i can remember.

If i was a Vale supporter that was on the board, and i was reading/hearing of supporters willing to go to these extreme lengths to remove me from my position as director, then I'd resign with immediate effect. I don't foresee Bratt and co doing so, therefore i can only question what matters to them more ..... PVFC or their position at PVFC. The answer is unquestionable.

I don't understand why anyone would buy a season ticket for another season under Valiant 2001. You must be mad and those who've bought their kids one as well, Thats just cruel.

If Valiant 2001 are still in charge next season it will be a relegation season. If thats appealing to you then go buy a season ticket as thats what you'll be watching.

next season will be a relegation season. If thats appealing to you then go buy a season ticket as thats what you'll be watching.

You might be surprised, but you could announce in advance that the season will end in relegation and people will still go along to cheer the vale on.

Dave, do you think they will take us into admin and blame the fans?

I think they will just out of spite and make Mo and mark's job harder to start with.

Although i would take admin tomorrow if it guarunteed Mo and Mark getting control (which it almost certainly would)

You would take admin tomorrow? Madness, I could see us going down next season if that happened. Boardroom struggle, ten points deducted etc. I got my season ticket and my sons yesterday I for one wont back the Starve them out Campaign, happy to support other ways but not this.

You would take admin tomorrow? Madness, I could see us going down next season if that happened. Boardroom struggle, ten points deducted etc. I got my season ticket and my sons yesterday I for one wont back the Starve them out Campaign, happy to support other ways but not this.

What is it now, 26 points from 25 games?

I see us giving relegation a good go without having administration coming into play.

Would be devestated to see us in the Blue Square with a points deduction. However I would rather have this and a new start with Chaudrey and Simms than stay in division 4 with Bratt slowly strangling this club to death. At least with new owners we would have hope of some success in the long term even if it meant starting at non league level. Under this current sham we would end up non league within the next few years anyway. Stay strong guys and starve the bstards out!!!

Sadly, I just can't see change without hitting them in the pocket, add to that that I'm unhappy with how they are approaching prospective investment. Due to this I'm unwilling to give them anymore money.

Archived